May 17 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 24
points lower on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* LLOYDS: Britain is set to sell its remaining stake in Lloyds Banking Group
on Wednesday, making the lender the first to re-emerge from British
state ownership in a symbolic step for the country's recovering banking sector.
* VODAFONE: Vodafone Chief Executive Vittorio Colao said he was
optimistic Britain would secure a Brexit deal that works for both sides because
there was so much at stake for over 500 million European citizens.
* TATA STEEL/PENSION: India's Tata Steel has agreed the main terms
of a deal to cut benefits for its British pension scheme in a move that will see
the firm back a new plan that will pose less risk to the company.
* BRITAIN PROPERTY: The amount of empty office space in London has jumped
over the past 15 months and is likely to rise again despite potential for a
post-Brexit business exodus that could drive down rental values, a survey showed
* MINERS: Major mining companies, including some of the world's biggest
suppliers of fossil fuel, are seeking to use more renewable energy themselves as
they strive to drive down costs and curb emissions.
* The UK blue chip index ended up 0.9 percent on Tuesday, with telecoms
stocks and consumer staples providing the impetus, while energy stocks supported
gains as the price of crude rose.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
British Land Full Year 2017 British
Company Plc Land Company Plc Earnings
Countryside Half Year 2017
Properties Plc Countryside Properties
Plc Earnings Release
Bodycote Plc Bodycote Plc Trading
Brewin Dolphin Half Year 2017 Brewin
Holdings Plc Dolphin Holdings Plc
Mitchells & Half Year 2017 Mitchells
Butlers Plc & Butlers Plc Earnings
SSE Plc Full Year 2017 SSE Plc
UBM Plc UBM Plc Trading Update
Spectris Plc Spectris Plc Trading
Coats Group Coats Group Plc Trading
Plc Statement Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru)