Jan 15 (Reuters) - A US Airways LCC.N A320 Airbus jetliner with about 150 people on board came down into the Hudson River off Manhattan after apparently hitting a flock of geese and officials said everyone was rescued. [ID:nN15544297]
Here are some details on the type of plane involved.
* The twin-engine A320 typically seats 150 people.
* It is part of a family of four variants of Airbus single-aisle airliner that is the workhorse of many short and medium-range fleets, competing with the Boeing (BA.N) 737.
* A total of 797 Airbus single-aisle planes are in operation worldwide including 425 A320s.
* US Airways has 75 A320s in operation, according to Airbus.
* The A320 is sold with a choice of engines:
- The V2500, made by International Aero Engines, a consortium of Rolls Royce (RR.L), United Technologies (UTX.N) unit Pratt & Whitney, Germany’s MTU (MTXGn.DE) and Japanese Aero Engines, which is in turn a consortium of three Japanese industrial groups.
* The A320 is worth $77 million at list prices.
* It has a range of 3,060 nautical miles or 5,700 kilometres.
* The aircraft first entered service in 1988.
Reporting by Tim Hepher, editing Eric Beech