PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - Feb 27
Feb 27 The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Oct 12 PICO Holdings Inc
* PICO Holdings board of directors announces management changes and concludes Synthonics investigation
* PICO Holdings Inc says has terminated John R. Hart as CEO of company, and as CEO of Vidler Water Company, effective immediately
* PICO Holdings - In connection with termination, Hart will receive severance benefits in accordance with amended and restated employment agreement
* Hart currently remains a director of both PICO and UCP Inc
* Board appointed Maxim C. W. Webb, chief financial as PICO's new chief executive officer, effective immediately
* PICO Holdings - Independent directors are currently evaluating a range of options with respect to removal of Hart from director roles as soon as possible
* PICO Holdings -Independent members have completed their review of PICO's investment in and loan to Synthonics Inc and related public disclosures
* PICO - Board concluded prior to initial investment in 2010 audit committee received all information regarding Ken Slepicka's, Hart's interest in Synthonics Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
HONG KONG, Feb 27 Asian stocks look set to edge lower for a second day on Monday as weak cues from U.S. share markets and declining European government bond yields on political worries push investors to take profits after a recent rally.