1 Min Read
Dec 7 (Reuters) - Abbott Laboratories :
* Abbott seeks to terminate Alere acquisition
* "Alere is no longer company Abbott agreed to buy 10 months ago"
* In 10 months following Jan. 30, 2016, signing of agreement, Alere has "suffered a series of damaging business developments"
* "We have attempted to secure details and information to assess these issues for months, and Alere has blocked every attempt"
* Abbott filed its complaint seeking termination in delaware court of Chancery
* "Damage to Alere's business can only be result of a systemic failure of internal controls" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: