PRESS DIGEST- Wall Street Journal - Jan 18
Jan 18 The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Dec 12 Alaska Air Group Inc :
* Proposed contract includes significant pay increases and added job protection provisions
* Alaska Air Group Inc- if ratified, new contract would become amendable in October 2021. Current contract became amendable on Oct. 17, 2016
* Alaska Air Group Inc - tentative agreement on a proposed five-year contract for carrier's nearly 700 aircraft technicians and related employees
* Says if ratified, new contract would become amendable in October 2021
* Press release - Alaska Airlines and its aircraft technicians reach tentative agreement on proposed five-year contract Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
DAVOS, Switzerland, Jan 18 Two decades after they were spurred into action to tackle AIDS in Africa, global drugmakers said on Wednesday they would invest $50 million over three years to fight cancer and other non-communicable diseases in poor countries.
* Toshiba says considering memory biz spin-off, nothing decided