European shares up, Unilever and Pearson weigh on FTSE - For more see the European equities LiveMarkets blog
LONDON, Feb 20 Live coverage of European markets now available on cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
Jan 5 Gap Inc
* December sales rose 3 percent to $2.07 billion
* Gap Inc - net sales for five-week period ended December 31, 2016 Increased 3 percent to $2.07 billion
* Gap Inc - comparable sales for December 2016 were up 4 percent versus a 5 percent Decrease last year
* Gap Inc - holiday season sales "driven primarily by a positive customer response at Gap and Old Navy"
* Gap Inc - now expect full-year adjusted earnings per share to be modestly above high end of previous adjusted guidance range of $1.92
* December same store sales view down 0.7 percent - Thomson Reuters data Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Feb 20 British Prime Minister Theresa May's office was not involved in Kraft Heinz's decision to withdraw its $143 billion bid for Unilever, her spokesman said on Monday.
* LME on-warrant zinc inventories slide to lowest since 2009 (Adds quote on aluminium, updates prices)