Jan 9 Hhgregg Inc :
* Hhgregg announces preliminary third fiscal quarter net sales
* Sees Q3 2017 sales about $453 million
* Hhgregg inc - for third fiscal quarter of 2017, company estimates net sales to be approximately $453 million
* Hhgregg Inc - third fiscal quarter comparable store sales are estimated to have decreased approximately 22%
* Hhgregg inc - expects to incur a non-cash charge for asset impairment of certain locations in quarter ended december 31, 2016
* Hhgregg Inc says expects impact of non-cash pre-tax charge to be in range of $7 million to $12 million and is currently finalizing that determination
* Transition to a new distribution center had a temporary negative impact on sales for quarter
* "during quarter, we were challenged by competitive pressures in market, specifically in consumer electronics"
* Hhgregg inc - impairment charge is based on current trends in certain under-performing markets Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
UPDATE 2-Ahead of NAFTA talks, U.S. sets 20 pct duties on Canadian softwood lumber
WASHINGTON, April 24 The United States will impose preliminary anti-subsidy duties averaging 20 percent on imports of Canadian softwood lumber, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said on Monday, escalating a long-running trade dispute between the two neighbors.