Oct 3 National Australia Bank Ltd
* Announced completion of sale of 80% of its life insurance business to Nippon Life Insurance Company (Nippon Life) for $2.4 billion
* Goodwill for wealth business is expected to reduce by approximately $1.6 - $1.7 billion
* Also committed investment of at least $300 million over next 4 years in superannuation, platform, advice & asset management business
* Peter Grey has been appointed chairman of MLC Ltd
* Commencing a long term partnership with Nippon Life
* Partnership includes 20 year distribution agreement to provide life insurance products through nab's owned and aligned networks
* Transaction has resulted in a loss on sale, which is expected to be approximately $1.2 - $1.3 billion
* For cash earnings, in fy16 results, 80% of earnings for MLC Life Insurance will be treated as discontinued operations outside of cash earnings Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Fed official stands by Wall St reforms, says must complete work
NEW YORK, Dec 3 The United States "absolutely must" complete unfinished work ending the too-big-to-fail bank problem that helped plunge the global economy into recession eight years ago, an influential Federal Reserve policymaker said on Saturday.
'Drop those rates' Turkey's Erdogan says in new appeal for lower borrowing costs
ANKARA, Dec 3 Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday repeated his call for lower interest rates and said the government would take steps to ensure cheaper borrowing costs to promote consumption and economic growth.