BRIEF-Metlife says Brighthouse Financial files registration statement on Form 10 with SEC
Oct 5 Metlife Inc
* Form 10 describes potential transaction which is pro-rata distribution of at least 80.1% of shares of brighthouse's common stock to co's shareholders
* Continues to evaluate and pursue structural alternatives for planned separation of its u.s. Retail business
* Brighthouse financial inc filed a registration statement on form 10 with the u.s. Sec
* Expect to incur approximately $1.5 billion of separation-related items in second half of 2016 that will reduce free cash flow
* To get dividends prior to separation in range of $3.3 to $3.8 billion from brighthouse financial and a metlife-affiliated reinsurance subsidiary Source text for Eikon: (bit.ly/2dfJ6ZH) Further company coverage:
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.