BRIEF-Constellation Brands reaches an agreement to sell its Canadian wine business
Oct 17 Constellation Brands Inc :
* Constellation has reached an agreement to sell its Canadian wine business to Ontario teachers' pension plan
* Transaction is valued at approximately C$1.03 billion
* Expects to receive cash proceeds, net of repayment of outstanding debt, of approximately C$750 million
* Constellation Brands - expects to recognize after-tax gain for fiscal 2017, which will be excluded from company's comparable basis diluted EPS from deal
* Constellation Brands Inc - acquires a minority stake in Bardstown Bourbon Company
* Constellation Brands Inc - will continue ownership of Black Velvet Whisky and related production facility in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
* Constellation Brands - deal includes sale of brands such as Jackson-Triggs,Inniskillin, wineries, vineyards, offices, facilities, wine rack retail stores Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.