Dec 7 (Reuters) - Alere Inc :
* Alere issues statement regarding Abbott lawsuit
* "Abbott's lawsuit is entirely without merit"
* "Alere has fully complied with its contractual obligations under merger agreement"
* Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison and Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP are serving as legal counsel to alere
* Abbott well knows, none of issues it has raised provides it with any grounds to avoid closing merger
* Alere will take all actions "to compel Abbott to complete transaction in accordance with its terms"
* "Is highly confident that merger will be completed in accordance with terms set forth in merger agreement" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: