Brazil's Vale loads first ore from new S11D mine
BRASILIA, Jan 16 Brazilian miner Vale SA said on Monday it has loaded the first commercial shipment of iron ore from its giant new mine in the Amazon known as S11D.
Dec 13 United States Steel Corp:
* United states steel adjusts hot strip mill operating configuration to support asset revitalization process
* United states steel - company will begin processing slabs on currently idled hot strip mill at granite city works in Granite City, Ill., in mid-February 2017
* Pickle line, cold mill and finishing lines at granite city works will continue to operate
* u. s. Steel intends to source slabs from its own domestic facilities
* Blast furnaces and steelmaking facilities will remain idled
* United states steel - plans to take periodic outages at Gary works , great lakes works, Mon valley works to improve capabilities and reliability of hot strip mills Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Jan 16 American Apparel LLC started to lay off staff on Monday, after Canada's Gildan Activewear Inc withdrew its initial plan to buy some of the bankrupt U.S. fashion retailer's manufacturing operations, people familiar with the matter said.
* Audi, Mercedes-Benz, BMW stepping up Mexican production (Adds comment from General Motors CEO)