1 Min Read
Dec 14 (Reuters) - NY A.G. Schneiderman:
* NY A.G. Schneiderman announces $17.5 million settlement with owner of ashleymadison.com in joint multi-state and FTC agreement
* Settlement with Ruby follows investigation finding that adult dating website created "fake female profiles to entice male users"
* Ruby Corp agreed to cease engaging in some deceptive practices, to not create fake profiles, to implement stronger data security program
* Settlement with Ruby Corp follows investigation finding that adult dating website maintained "lax security practices"
* Settlement includes immediate payment of $1.7 million divided amongst states, FTC, of which New York will receive $81,330.94
* Settlement with Ruby Corp follows investigation finding that adult dating website misled consumers about data security