Icahn representative to several corporate boards has left hedge fund
Feb 27 Samuel Merksamer has left Icahn's hedge fund firm, according to an internal memo. He represents billionaire investor Carl Icahn on several corporate boards.
Feb 13 Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc
* Says co, j. Michael pearson and pershing square capital management and william ackman entered into a litigation management agreement
* Valeant - pursuant to litigation management agreement, valeant parties and pershing square parties agreed to certain provisions with respect to management of a litigation
* Valeant - litigation relates to the putative class action pending in the united states district court for the central district of california
* Valeant - agreement will terminate on nov 1, 2017 if stipulation of settlement with regards to california action has not been executed by that date
* Valeant - litigation agreement to terminate on nov 1, 2017 if stipulation of settlement related to california action has not been executed by that date
* Valeant - in addition to agreements set out with respect to allergan litigation, litigation management agreement includes undertaking by pershing square parties
* Valeant- first $10 million in legal fees, litigation expenses after date of litigation management deal for allergan litigation to be paid 50% by valeant, 50% by pershing square
* Valeant - undertaking by pershing square parties to forbear from commencing action that arise out of, or relate to, claims alleged or facts asserted in allergan litigation
* Valeant - pershing square capital management is the investment advisor to funds that beneficially owned 7.8% of common stock as of feb. 13, 2017
* Valeant - in connection with entrance into litigation management agreement, valeant parties and pershing square parties entered into mutual release of claims Source text (bit.ly/2kDUaDC) Further company coverage:
NEW YORK/WASHINGTON, Feb 27 President Donald Trump sought on Monday to bring the nation's largest insurance companies on board with his plans to overhaul Obamacare, saying their help was needed to deliver a smooth transition to the Republicans' new plan.
* Indexes up: Dow 0.1 pct, S&P 0.1 pct, Nasdaq 0.3 pct (Updates close with latest volume, details)