Aug 22 (Reuters) - Pfizer, in analyst conference call:
* Says still plans to decide By late 2016 whether to split itself into separate companies selling either generic, patent-protected drugs
* Says planned Medivation deal will not affect Pfizer decision on whether to split itself
* Says potential earlier use of Medivation's Xtandi would be key to prostate cancer drug's growth
* Says remains open to deals of all sizes in future, if financially justified
* Says potential earlier use of Xtandi would open it to urologists, expanding prescriptions
* Says Xtandi is only at beginning of its "growth cycle"
* Says says "while interested" in Medivation's experimental drugs, value of deal was really based on Xtandi growth potential Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Ransdell Pierson)