REUTERS NEWS ADVISORY
For News Week of February 28, 2011
ATTENTION: Business, Government and Finance Editors/Reporters
REUTERS FUTURE FACE OF FINANCE SUMMIT
In Washington, D.C., New York, London and Hong Kong
Monday, February 28, 2011
Continuous Coverage Available on Reuters.com
New York - Top officials and some of the world's leading policy makers will visit the Reuters bureaus in Washington, D.C., New York, London and Hong Kong from February 28 - March 2 to discuss the outlook with new financial regulation in a series of exclusives interviews. Some interviews, including FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair, will air live on Reuters.com. The stories and videos from the closed on-the-record sessions at the Reuters Future Face of Finance Summit will be posted online at www.reuters.com/summits.
The searing damage of the global financial crisis has started to ease, but markets are far from confident in their future as regulators race to impose hundreds of new rules on bank bonuses, risk taking and capital.
As the reforms come into focus, firms are jostling for any competitive advantage. The exchange merger madness that took hold at the beginning of 2011 gives a glimpse into how the financial landscape may be dominated by new names in the coming months and years.
The Reuters Future Face of Finance Summit will bring in top policymakers and financial leaders to offer their views on who will come out on top. The conversations will examine which countries are emerging as hostile environments for business, which firms may dodge the toughest reforms, which of the global exchange merger deals will stick, and whether, after the dust settles on the reform frenzy, we'll have a safer financial system.
The Summit will generate exclusive stories and investable insights, as well as online videos and blog postings which can be seen at: http://www.reuters.com/summit/FutureFinance11
PLEASE NOTE: Some interviews will be streamed live on Reuters.com:
Monday, February 28, 9am EST: Interview with FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair
Tuesday, March 1, 8:30am EST: Newsmaker interview between Chrystia Freeland and McKinsey & Co. Global Managing Director Dominic Barton and Alcoa Chairman and CEO Klaus Kleinfeld
Guests speaking at the Reuters Future Face of Finance Summit will include:
* U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairman Gary Gensler;
* European Banking Authority Chairman Andrea Enria;
* U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Adviser Elizabeth Warren;
* U.S. Deputy Treasury Secretary Neal Wolin;
* Hong Kong Treasury Under Secretary for Financial Services Julia Leung Fung-yee;
* UK Financial Services Minister Mark Hoban;
* Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Mary Schapiro;
* Federal Deposit Insurance Corp Chairman Sheila Bair;
* European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) Chairman Steven Maijoor;
* IntercontinentalExchange (ICE) CEO Jeffrey Sprecher;
* U.S. House Financial Services Committee member Barney Frank;
* Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Chairman Ronald Arculli;
* Singapore Exchange CEO Magnus Bocker;
* RBS Asia-Pacific CEO John McCormick;
* CME Group CEO Craig Donohue;
* Acting U.S. Comptroller of the Currency John Walsh;
* Chi-X Europe CEO Alasdair Haynes;
* U.S. Senator Banking Committee member Jack Reed;
* Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) CEO Richard Ketchum;
* Chairman, U.S. House Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government-Sponsored Enterprise Scott Garrett;
* Vice Chairman, U.S. House Financial Services Committee Jeb Hensarling;
* UBS Managing Director of European Equities Richard Semark;
* Citi Managing Director and Head of Electronic Trading EMEA Jack Vensel;
* Morgan Stanley Europe Head of Electronic Trading Brian Gallagher;
* Nomura Managing Director Andrew Bowley;
* Barclays Capital Co-Chief Executive Jerry del Missier;
* LCH.Clearnet CEO Roger Liddell;
* Chi-East CEO Ned Phillips;
* Nomura Asia-Pacific CEO Philip Lynch;
* Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance;
* Deutsche Bank Co-Head of FX Trading Jens Scharff-Hansen;
* FBR Capital Markets President and CEO Richard Hendrix;
* Alcoa Chairman and CEO Klaus Kleinfeld;
* British Bankers' Association CEO Angela Knight;
* Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) CEO Simon Lewis;
* Mastercard President of U.S. Markets Chris McWilton;
* European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority Chairman Gabriel Bernardino;
* Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) Hong Kong Chapter Chairman Christophe Lee;
* McKinsey & Co. Global Managing Director Dominic Barton;
* Bain & Co Partner Vinit Bhatia; and
* Moody's Senior Analyst Ivan Chung.
Reuters Summits are roundtable interviews, not conferences, and are closed to other media attending. Media wishing to use interview text, video and audio can use Reuters News material with proper attribution to the Reuters Future Face of Finance Summit, with 'told Reuters' in second references.
For continuous coverage of this summit, click here: http://www.reuters.com/summit/FutureFinance11
An RSS feed is available for use by industry blogs, newsletters and websites.
Click below to use the http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/summitNews?src=Fin
REUTERS NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Nina Andrikian (New York)
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Thomson Reuters Corporation via Thomson Reuters ONE
Our top photos from the past week.