(Adds futures, company news)
EDINBURGH, May 15 (Reuters) - Futures on Britain's FTSE 100 rose 0.4 percent ahead of the cash market open on Friday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The FTSE 100 finished 0.3 percent higher at 6,973.04 points on Thursday, with encouraging updates from companies such as 3i Group supporting the broader stock market.
* SABMILLER - SABMiller said it would acquire British craft beer firm Meantime Brewing Company, giving the maker of big name brands such as Peroni and Grolsch, exposure to the fastest-growing part of the British beer market.
* INTERTEK - British product-testing firm Intertek Group said it expected to deliver underlying revenue growth in mid-single digit figures over the medium term, as it maintained its guidance for this year.
* ROYAL DUTCH SHELL - The first of two Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L drilling rigs slated for Arctic oil exploration arrived in Seattle on Thursday as environmental activists geared up for days of protests over plans to store the equipment at the city's port.
* ENQUEST - Oil producer EnQuest Plc said production rose 20.2 percent to 30,768 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) in the first four months of the year, thanks to strong performance at its Malaysian asset.
* BANKS - Banks want assurances from U.S. regulators that they will not be barred from certain businesses before agreeing to plead guilty to criminal charges over the manipulation of foreign exchange rates, causing a delay in multi-billion-dollar settlements, people familiar with the matter said.
* RETAIL - South African investment house Brait SE said on Friday it will buy a 90 percent stake in British fashion retailer New Look for 780 million pounds ($1.23 billion).
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Alistair Smout)