2 Min Read
March 8 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- A report commissioned by the U.S. government and reviewed by The New York Times has accused Caterpillar, the heavy-equipment maker, of carrying out tax and accounting fraud. nyti.ms/2nctVVF
- ZTE pleaded guilty and agreed to pay $1.19 billion in fines as part of a settlement for breaking sanctions and selling electronics to Iran and North Korea, on Tuesday. nyti.ms/2mE9Wm7
- The "Made in China 2025" program, which calls for enormous Chinese government assistance to 10 industries, would force out competitors from abroad and lead to government-subsidized global players that would compete unfairly, according to a report by the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China. nyti.ms/2mkeY6d
- Khalid Al-Falih, Saudi Arabia's energy minister and chairman of Saudi Aramco, brushed aside the concerns relating to the valuation of Saudi Arabian Oil Co (IPO-ARMO.SE) on Tuesday, seeking to build confidence that the Saudi Aramco offering would be the richest ever. nyti.ms/2mhwlTA
- U.S. President Donald Trump met with Harvey Levin, the founder of TMZ, in a meeting last Wednesday that went unmentioned on his public schedule. nyti.ms/2lCB3hC (Compiled by Parikshit Mishra in Bengaluru)