2 Min Read
* Leverkusen drew 0-0 with visitors Tottenham
* Tottenham's Janssen hit the crossbar in first half
* Leverkusen had chances to win their 100th Champions League match
* Tottenham's first goalless performance after 21 games
* The two teams meet again in London on Nov. 2
LEVERKUSEN, Germany, Oct 18 (Reuters) - Bayer Leverkusen and Tottenham Hotspur fought out a goalless draw in their Champions League Group E match on Tuesday, with each team missing golden chances in an entertaining encounter.
The visitors were in control of the first half, hitting the woodwork through Vincent Janssen, while Leverkusen were in complete command after the break, squandering half a dozen scoring opportunities.
Tottenham had keeper Hugo Lloris to thank after he repeatedly came to the rescue in the second half, including saving a Javier Hernandez effort on the line.
The result leaves Tottenham on four points, with Leverkusen on three, having yet to win a game in the group this season. (Reporting by Karolos Grohmann; Editing by Ian Chadband)