OSLO Oct 27 Statoil Chief Executive Helge Lund told a news conference after the firm presented its third-quarter results:
- Statoil has made an oil discovery in the Gulf of Mexico at the Logan well, too early to say how big it is
- Statoil's exploration activity in the Gulf of Mexico is more or less back to its pre-BP oil spill level
- New giant discovery in the North Sea eases decline of expected Norwegian production volumes
- Delay in the start-up of the Skarv field, operated by BP , will affect Statoil production by some 15,000 boed in 2011
- It is tough to lift profit margins in refinery business, both for Statoil and the oil industry
- Fears high costs in Norwegian oil industry (Reporting by Joachim Dagenborg)
Our top photos from the last 24 hours.