2 Min Read
PARIS, May 30 (Reuters) - Highlights from day three of the French Open tennis championships on Tuesday (all times GMT):
Unseeded Hsieh Su-wei of Taiwan beat women's seventh seed Johanna Konta of Britain 1-6 7-6(2) 6-4 in the first round.
- The defeat marked Konta's third consecutive first-round exit from the French Open.
- Australia's Nick Kyrgios beat Germany's Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3 7-6(4) 6-3 in the first round.
- Kyrgios, seeded 18th, completely outclassed his opponent, serving 20 aces and hitting 40 winners as he closed out the match in just under two hours.
- The 22-year-old will face either Tunisia's Malek Jaziri or South African Kevin Anderson in the second round.
- Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro beat compatriot Guido Pella 6-2 6-1 6-4 to book a second round spot.
- Del Potro served 13 aces to Pella's three during the match and dished out 33 winners as he sealed a comfortable victory.
- The match was del Potro's first at Roland Garros since 2012, when he lost in the quarter-final to Roger Federer.
- Fifth seed Elina Svitolina of Ukraine beat Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan 6-4 6-3 in the first round.
- Italian Open champion Svitolina, who reached the quarter-finals of the French Open in 2015, will face Bulgarian Tsvetana Pironkova in the second round.
- Pironkova, who reached the quarter-finals at Roland Garros last year, beat German Mona Barthel 6-0 6-4. (Compiled by Simon Jenningss in Bengaluru)