Reuters logo
Reported rocket attack from Gaza was false alarm - Israeli military
September 18, 2014 / 9:12 AM / 3 years ago

Reported rocket attack from Gaza was false alarm - Israeli military

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel’s military said there had been no rocket attack from the Gaza Strip on Thursday, despite a report on Israel Radio that two projectiles had struck after sirens sounded in the southern border area.

“The sirens were false alarms,” a military spokeswoman said.

On Tuesday, Israel said a mortar bomb was fired at it from the Gaza Strip, in the first such attack since a seven-week war in the enclave ended on Aug. 26.

But Hamas said Palestinians remained committed to the Egyptian-brokered truce.

Reporting by Maayan Lubell; Editing by Jeffrey Heller

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below