Kerber says top ranking weighs, but ready for grass season
EASTBOURNE, England World number one Angelique Kerber needs no reminding how perilous life on Tour can be when you are the player everyone wants to knock off their perch.
SYDNEY New structure of the Super Rugby competition for next season after governing body SANZAAR announced the culling of three as yet to be determined teams on Sunday:
* 120 match regular season plus seven finals
* 15 teams
* Three conferences (New Zealand, Australia, South Africa)
* Japan's Sunwolves to play in Australia conference, Argentina's Jaguares in South Africa.
* 18 rounds (16 matches per team, two bye weeks)
* Each team will play eight matches within its conference (four home and four away)
* Each team will play eight cross-conference matches – against four of the five teams from the other two conferences (four at home and four away)
* Each team will have played 12 of the other teams within the season (85 percent which is up from 70 percent under 2016-17 format).
* Eight team playoffs: Three conference winners and five wild card places – the next best performing teams after the conference winners regardless of conference.
(Reporting by Nick Mulvenney, editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
EASTBOURNE, England Romania's Simona Halep said her bitter French Open final defeat by Jelena Ostapenko was still "killing her" as she looked forward to making amends at next week's Wimbledon.
HAMILTON, Bermuda New Zealand won the America's Cup on Monday, almost white-washing the U.S. holders with a revolutionary boat and a new superstar sailor to avenge a humbling defeat four years ago.