2 Min Read
(Reuters) - Highlights from day three of the Wimbledon championships on Wednesday (all times GMT):
- Briton sixth seed Johanna Konta is facing Croatian Donna Vekic on Centre Court.
- World number seven Konta will be hoping to reach the third round for the first time at the championships.
- Eighth seed Dominika Cibulkova hit 16 winners on her way to a 6-4 6-4 victory over American Jennifer Brady.
- Home favourite Heather Watson beat 18th seed Anastasija Sevastova 6-0 6-4 to reach the third round at the championships for the third time.
- Watson was off to a flying start on Court Two, losing only eight points on her way to winning the opening set in just 19 minutes.
- Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut, the 18th seed, won the second set to extend his lead to 6-2 6-1 over German qualifier Peter Gojowczyk on Court 16.
6-Johanna Konta (Britain) v Donna Vekic (Croatia)
1-Andy Murray (Britain) v Dustin Brown (Germany)
4-Rafael Nadal (Spain) v Donald Young (U.S.)
9-Kei Nishikori (Japan) v Sergiy Stakhovsky (Ukraine)
Wang Qiang (China) v 10-Venus Williams (U.S.)
Beatriz Haddad Maia (BRA) v 2-Simona Halep (Romania)
Former players blast Tomic after lacklustre Wimbledon loss
Keys rooting for Kvitova to conquer Wimbledon on comeback
Ostapenko ready to ratchet up aggression
Beckham Junior has tennis talent, says Dimitrov
Compiled by Hardik Vyas in Bengaluru; Editing by Hugh Lawson