BERLIN - European Central Bank Vice President Vitor Constancio said in a magazine interview he expected the euro zone inflation rate to turn negative in the coming months but that if this was just a temporary phenomenon, he did not see a risk of deflation.
Recent Business News
VIENNA - Italian lender Monte dei Paschi di Siena expects to complete its planned capital increase by July and can use divestments to help plug a hole in its balance sheet, Chairman Alessandro Profumo told an Austrian newspaper.
STOCKHOLM - U.S. Pfizer is unlikely to come back with a fresh bid for AstraZeneca , the Anglo-Swedish pharmaceuticals group's top executive was quoted as saying by Swedish business daily Dagens Industri on Saturday.
FRANKFURT - Opel's chief executive warned senior managers at the European arm of General Motors that they needed to step up their game to reach a target of returning to profit by 2016, according to German daily paper Bild.
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge on Friday rejected Hewlett-Packard Co's proposed settlement of shareholder litigation involving the information technology company's botched acquisition of Autonomy Plc.
NEW YORK - Equity markets worldwide extended the week's rally on Friday and oil prices rebounded from recent lows, as investors closed out the last full week of trading in 2014 on an upbeat note.
In the weekend's Data Dive, we take a look at some games that promote giving and learning.
- The good news in ‘Afghanistan’s Marshall Plan’
- The oil train glut shows how little the Keystone XL pipeline matters
- A (very) brief history of television displays
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold below $1,200/oz on dollar, shares; heads for weekly loss
- Oil Report: Iraq oil min says total production to reach 4 mln bpd
- British Pound Report: Sterling hits 3-week low vs euro as UK inflation falls sharply
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar hits multi-year highs on extended Fed rally, year-end bets