NEW YORK, Aug 26 Bankrupt U.S. teen retailer Aeropostale Inc received bids this week for its business from private equity firm Sycamore Partners, as well as liquidators, firms that wind down businesses, according to people familiar with the matter.
CARACAS, Aug 26 Venezuela has signed over $5.5 billion in mining deals with companies including Canada's Barrick Gold Corp and China's Shandong Gold, President Nicolas Maduro said on Friday.
CHICAGO, Aug 26 Caesars Entertainment Corp must face lawsuits from bondholders seeking some $11 billion in claims, a U.S. judge ruled on Friday in a decision the casino company had warned could plunge it into bankruptcy alongside its operating unit.
BRIEF-Lightstream announces receipt of commitment letters, amendments to recapitalization support agreement, revised meetings date
* Lightstream announces receipt of commitment letters, amendments to recapitalization support agreement and revised meetings date
BRIEF-Consolidated Water Co signs a public-private partnership contract for the Rosarito, Mexico desalination plant
* Consolidated Water Co. Ltd announces signing of a public-private partnership contract for the Rosarito, Mexico desalination plant
* It has entered into a debt conversion agreement with Kerr Mines Inc
* Magnetation LLC announces potential shutdown of its Minnesota and Indiana facilities
BRIEF-Abeona Therapeutics enters into an at market issuance sales agreement with FBR capital markets & Co, others
* On August 26, Co entered into an at market issuance sales agreement with FBR capital markets & co and others - sec filing
NEW YORK, Aug 26 U.S. stocks closed lower in choppy trading and the U.S. dollar surged on Friday as investors grappled with the possible timing of an interest rate hike after comments from several Federal Reserve officials, including Chair Janet Yellen.
* Files for mixed shelf of up to $100 million - SEC filing Source text (http://bit.ly/2bmvyKu) Further company coverage:
No related dividends are currently scheduled within the next 7 days.