STOCKHOLM - U.S. Pfizer is unlikely to come back with a fresh bid for AstraZeneca, the Anglo-Swedish pharmaceuticals group's top executive was quoted as saying by Swedish business daily Dagens Industri on Saturday.
LONDON - Chief executives got their deal-making confidence back in 2014, emboldened by a clearer outlook for their businesses to take the global value for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to their highest annual level since 2007.
FRANKFURT - The owners of Urenco are testing the market to gauge investor interest in the uranium enrichment company, said Uwe Beckmeyer, parliamentary state secretary in the German economy and energy ministry.
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge on Friday rejected Hewlett-Packard Co's proposed settlement of shareholder litigation involving the information technology company's botched acquisition of Autonomy Plc.
MADRID - Spanish infrastructure group Ferrovial plans to raise its full takeover offer for Australia's Transfield Services Ltd, daily financial newspaper Expansion reported on Saturday, citing unnamed sources.
MUMBAI - Flipkart, India's largest online retailer, on Saturday said it had raised funding worth $700 million, as it tries to compete with Amazon, which is rapidly scaling up operations in the country.
BANGKOK - Thai Union Frozen Products PCL , the world's biggest producer of canned tuna, has agreed to buy U.S. competitor Bumble Bee Seafoods for $1.5 billion as part of a plan to double revenue through overseas acquisitions.
- Canadian performance company Cirque du Soleil has hired investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc to help in its previously disclosed effort to find a strategic partner, a spokeswoman for the company said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. weapons maker Raytheon Co has won a contract valued at $2.4 billion to supply 10 Patriot missile defense systems to Qatar, which is beefing up its defenses to counter a growing perceived threat from Iran.
- Fitness tracking wristband maker Fitbit Inc is in talks with banks for its initial public offering in the United States, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Finance: Bangkok Bank, SCB to offer $1.5 billion loan for Thai Union's Bumble Bee buy
- Technology: BlackBerry closes acquisition of Germany's Secusmart
- Healthcare: Madison Dearborn in the lead to take over Walgreen unit: sources
- Consumer: China's Fosun raises offer for Club Med
- Energy: Delaware court says C&J tie up with Nabors unit can proceed
- Industrials: General Dynamics wins $498 million deal for 4th U.S. Navy ship
- M&A: XL Group secures Catlin takeover-paper
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Deutsche Bank faces fine in Kirch case - Sueddeutsche Zeitung
- IPOs: CVC, Singapore's GIC to cut stake in HKBN listing
- Private Capital: Fear factor fades as global M&A hits seven-year high
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund billionaire's wife will not contest divorce ruling
- Regulatory: INSIGHT-Flying back on course: the inside story of the new Airbus A350 jet
Free Deals Newsletter
- Pal of Ismaaiyl Brinsley describes smart, transient man - New York Daily News
- Obama says Sony hack not an act of war - Reuters
- Slain Florida Police Officer Named, Was an NYPD Veteran - TheBlaze.com
- Pakistan school attack arrests made, officials say - CBC.ca
- Iraqi Kurds push into contested northern town - Daily Mail
- The innocents allegedly murdered by Cairns mother Mersane Warria pictured - Daily Mail
- Chicago mayor's teenage son mugged near home - The Seattle Times
- Muhammad Ali hospitalised with pneumonia - Sydney Morning Herald