- Only days before U.S. authorities reached a landmark $8.97 billion settlement with BNP Paribas over the bank’s dealings with countries subject to U.S. sanctions, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo intervened to ensure the state government got a much bigger share of the proceeds, according to three people familiar with the situation.
NEW YORK - Troubled life insurer and annuity provider The Phoenix Companies Inc has hired investment banks Goldman Sachs Group Inc and Sandler O'Neill and Partners to explore a sale, according to people familiar with the matter.
BERLIN - Germany will examine BlackBerry's planned acquisition of Secusmart, whose encryption technology protects the devices of government officials including Angela Merkel.
- AMC Networks Inc , a U.S. media company that owns cable channels, is in talks to buy a stake in BBC America, BBC Worldwide’s U.S. channel, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
LONDON - AstraZeneca took a major step to build up its respiratory medicine business on Wednesday by striking a deal worth up to $2.1 billion for the rights to Spanish group Almirall's lung drugs.
SYDNEY - Sun-drenched Australia's growing love of solar power is casting a long shadow over its biggest privatisation in two decades and the second-biggest sale ever of a state asset.
- Chinese mobile security software maker NQ Mobile Inc said it received a buyout offer from investment firm Bison Capital Holding Co for about $490 million.
PARIS - Nigerian oil company Oando completed a $1.5 billion deal to buy ConocoPhillips's assets in Nigeria on Wednesday, catapulting it to be one of the top players in the West African country's emerging indigenous oil and gas exploration industry.
NEW YORK/FRANKFURT - Germany's ZF Friedrichshafen AG is in advanced talks to acquire U.S.-based TRW Automotive Holdings Corp for nearly $12 billion, in a deal that would create an automotive supply powerhouse, according to people familiar with the matter.
LONDON - European private equity firm Charterhouse [CHCAP.UL] is preparing to sell UK skincare company Deb Group, several sources with knowledge of the talks said, in a deal that could be worth up to 650 million pounds ($845 million) including debt.
- Finance: Exclusive: Insurer Phoenix Companies hires banks for sale: sources
- Technology: Spain's Telefonica says eyeing deal in Mexico
- Healthcare: Pfizer to buy Baxter's vaccines unit for $635 million
- Consumer: Kering buys watchmaker Ulysse Nardin, posts mixed second quarter
- Energy: Hess Corp plans IPO for Bakken pipeline, storage assets
- Industrials: Huntsman offers more EU concessions over $1.1 billion Rockwood deal
- M&A: UPDATE 1-AMC Networks wants stake in BBC America - source
- Bankruptcy: Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- IPOs: BRIEF-Monitise says pays about 40 pct of total earn-out consideration
- Private Capital: As Abenomics halo slips, Tokyo IPO investors press for value
- Hedge Funds: Investors dump higher oil bets as prices fall
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-Yamana Gold earnings beat expectations, eyes asset sales
Free Deals Newsletter
- GE Overhang Looms for Synchrony Before Planned IPO - Bloomberg
- Alibaba IPO: 10 Frequently Asked Questions Answered Here - Money Morning
- Dollar store merger means more competition - USA TODAY
- Profits Soaring After Disgrace at Cohen's Hedge Fund - New York Times
- AmREIT's response to buyout offer: No thanks - Houston Chronicle
- Snapdeal founder keeps close eye on Alibaba IPO - SFGate
- Judge delays Detroit bankruptcy trial for 7 days until Aug. 21 - WDIV Detroit
- Verso Paper gets closer on debt deal to allow big merger - Press Herald