PARIS - Airbus Group and Dassault Aviation aim to oversee the complete sale of Airbus's 4.8 billion-euro stake in the French planemaker by the end of next year, two people familiar with the matter said.
LONDON - Hutchison Whampoa, the owner of Britain's fourth largest mobile operator 3 Group, is preparing a bid for EE or O2, the mobile groups already in talks on a deal with BT Group, several sources familiar with the matter said.
HONG KONG - Chinese real estate developer Dalian Wanda Commercial Properties, a unit of billionaire Wang Jianlin's Dalian Wanda Group, will seek approval from Hong Kong's bourse for an up to $6 billion initial public offering on Monday, IFR reported late on Wednesday citing sources familiar with the plans.
PARIS - French media group Vivendi said on Thursday it had closed the sale of mobile carrier SFR to domestic cable company Numericable for 13.37 billion euros ($16.7 billion).
FRANKFURT - Investment in the fast-growing market for Internet-connected devices gathered pace this year and is set to attract more top U.S. technology and telecoms buyers of firms active in the market, a report from a merger advisory firm said on Thursday.
LONDON/PARIS - BT Group's choice between buying Britain's number one or two mobile operator will come down to whether the broadband leader wants to stretch to buy EE, a higher quality, larger company, or take the lower risk, simpler option presented by 02.
SINGAPORE - Indonesia's Lion Group is buying an additional 40 aircraft from ATR for $1 billion at list prices, the companies said, in a move that will make Lion the biggest customer of the European manufacturer.
- Finance: UniCredit, Fortress-Prelios make progress in UCCMB sale talks-sources
- Technology: Advertising company Outbrain files for possible Nasdaq listing: WSJ
- Healthcare: Medtronic gets U.S. antitrust OK to buy Covidien with divestiture
- Consumer: SABMiller, Coca-Cola and local firm to create African bottler
- Energy: Chinese duo joins race for Finmeccanica rail assets: sources
- Industrials: UK not planning sale of Royal Mail stake, says business minister
- M&A: Rio Tinto defers new iron ore mine but sticks to expansion target
- Bankruptcy: Novo Banco CEO sees no new capital need, deposits recovering
- IPOs: New Issue- John Lewis prices 300 mln STG 2034 bond
- Private Capital: Private equity funds see promise in Australia's battered mines
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund Cheyne Capital launches fund to boost British social housing
- Regulatory: Advertising company Outbrain files for possible Nasdaq listing -WSJ
Free Deals Newsletter
- Treetops Resort seeking bankruptcy reorganization - The Detroit News
- Paul Singer looks to send Caesars to bankruptcy - New York Post
- Yakult Falls After Danone Said to Weigh Selling 20% Stake - Bloomberg
- Hedge fund couple agree Britain's most expensive divorce - Reuters
- Hedge Fund Starts Property Vehicle With a Social Purpose - New York Times
- Judge: Pension boards' bankruptcy fees must be reviewed - Detroit Free Press
- Dalian Wanda to seek HK approval for up to $6 billion IPO on Monday: IFR - Reuters
- Steam Fall Sale Begins: Watch Dogs for $30, The Evil Within for $20, and more - GameSpot