- John Malone's Charter Communications Inc struck a $56 billion deal to buy Time Warner Cable Inc, seeking to combine the third and second largest U.S. cable operators to better compete against market leader Comcast Corp.
MADRID - Private equity firm Carlyle has hired Goldman Sachs to advise it on the possible sale of its controlling stake in Spanish telecoms operator Telecable, two sources with knowledge of the deal said on Tuesday.
- Data storage products maker EMC Corp said it would buy privately held Virtustream for about $1.2 billion in cash to expand its cloud offerings.
- Travel websites operator Priceline Group Inc will invest an additional $250 million in Chinese online travel company Ctrip.com International Ltd to tap the fast-growing China market.
LONDON - Boston-based PureTech Health plans to raise $160 million in a London listing, filling its coffers to fund product development and delivering a vote of confidence in the British life sciences sector.
ZURICH - UBS is seeking to offload its private bank in Australia to the unit's management following a review of underperforming businesses at the Swiss bank, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Monday.
- As part of his quest for a mega merger, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne sent an email to General Motors Co Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra in March suggesting combining the automakers but was rebuffed, the New York Times reported on Saturday.
- Microsoft Corp and Salesforce.com Inc held "significant talks" this spring but failed to agree on a price, CNBC reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
NEW YORK - Citigroup said on Friday it is selling its margin foreign exchange business, including the CitiFX Pro and TradeStream platforms to U.S.-based FXCM and Danish investment bank SAXO Bank.
- Finance: Shake-up in key Samsung assets to cement heir's grip as succession looms
- Technology: Charter Communications nears $55 billion deal for Time Warner Cable - sources
- Healthcare: UK watchdog says Reckitt's K-Y buy could hurt competition
- Consumer: Canadian start-up Shoes.com eyes fall IPO after funding round
- Energy: Largest shareholder group to vote against Alfa-Harbour bid for Pacific
- Industrials: EDF makes indicative offer for Areva reactors arm
- M&A: REFILE-RPT-INSIGHT-Funds feel heat of coal and tar divestment drive
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Bioscience Brands says liquidators proceeding with winding up co
- IPOs: Standard Chartered, Nordea marketing Samurai bonds
- Private Capital: BRIEF-WSE sets first day ADIUVO Investment's trading for May 27
- Hedge Funds: Star hedge fund trader Rokos hires Vladimirov from Graticule - source
- Regulatory: MOVES-BTMU names Pancaran Affendi as head global corporate unit, Indonesia
Free Deals Newsletter
- Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable Reach Merger Deal - NPR
- Samsung steps up restructuring with $8bn unit merger - Financial Times
- Yard sale at child molester's home outrages neighbors - WCVB Boston
- Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions - Reuters
- Suspect killed by police after shooting at Mormon stake center - Salt Lake Tribune
- Xiaomi, Moto, Apple and others: Smartphone deals on Flipkart Electronic Sale ... - Tech2
- Paschal Donohoe briefs unions on proposed Aer Lingus sale - Irish Times
- Singapore's MMI sounds out investors for up to $300 mln IPO -IFR - Reuters