Lanxess AG said on Sunday it would buy specialty chemical company Chemtura Corp for about $2.12 billion in cash to improve the German company's additives business.
SINGAPORE Singapore's BandLab Technologies will buy 49 percent of Rolling Stone magazine from publisher Wenner Media and plans to expand the business into new markets and boost its profile in Asia, the two companies said in a statement.
SEOUL South Korea conglomerate KG Group said its consortium with NHN Entertainment Corp was not chosen as the preferred bidder to buy McDonald's Corp South Korean business, a South Korean online publication said on Monday, citing KG Group.
Twitter Inc has initiated talks with several technology companies to explore selling itself, a person familiar with the matter said on Friday, signaling the start of what is likely to be a slow-rolling auction of the high-profile but money-losing social media company. | Video
Alaska Air Group Inc agreed this week to give the U.S. Justice Department additional time to review its merger with Virgin America Inc , but the deal is still on track to close in the early part of the fourth quarter, an Alaska spokeswoman said Friday.
NEW YORK The transatlantic loan markets are facing a busy few weeks as companies accelerate borrowing plans to take advantage of strong and liquid market conditions before running into any potential volatility around the looming US elections on November 8.
MILAN Italian bank UniCredit has selected four possible buyers of its Pioneer asset manager granting them access to the unit's financial data ahead of a sale later this year, two source close to the matter said on Friday.
CBS Radio Inc, which CBS Corp is planning to shed, is preparing to take on about $1.5 billion in debt ahead of its initial public offering and use most of the proceeds to pay its parent in cash, according to people familiar with the matter.
Office Depot Inc said on Friday it would sell its European operations to investment company Aurelius Group, four months after the office supplies retailer said it would explore strategic alternatives for the business.
PARIS/MILAN Vivendi hopes to make a new offer for Mediaset's pay-TV business by the end of next week to try to end a dispute between the French and Italian media groups that erupted in July, a source close to matter said.
- Finance: Brookfield-led group to pay $5.2 billion for Petrobras natgas unit
- Technology: Argentina says telecom reforms to draw $20 billion; companies prepare
- Healthcare: Bain Capital's Intermédica to buy operations of Brazil's Unimed ABC
- Consumer: Mexico's Coke Femsa says to buy Brazil's Vonpar in $1.1 billion deal
- Energy: Petrobras says pipeline sale to Brookfield won't affect gas contracts
- Industrials: Li Ka-Shing could face regulatory snag on National Grid deal: sources
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Sept 26
- Bankruptcy: Chinese bondholders face heavy losses, as metal producer folds
- IPOs: Shire raises eyebrows with stunning debut
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Vistra, Permira among final bidders for $800 mln unit of Bank of East Asia-sources
- Hedge Funds: Man Group's new CEO Ellis reshapes top team after Roman exit
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept. 26
- Oil, gas explorer Triangle USA Petroleum files bankruptcy - FuelFix (blog)
- The Powerful Egyptian Woman Behind A $700 Million IPO - Forbes
- Alchemy On Verge Of Bankruptcy - Deadline
- Hedge fund Elliott builds stake in British Empire Trust - Telegraph.co.uk
- Bruins' buyout of contract a 'shock' to Dennis Seidenberg - Boston Herald
- This private equity giant wants to give landlords millions — here's how - CNBC (subscription)
- CDB Leasing Breaks Cornerstone Records With $799 Million IPO - Bloomberg
- IPO watch: Quess Corp issue sees good retail demand, subscribed 46% - Economic Times