TOKYO - Japan's SoftBank Corp has been in talks to take a minority stake in privately held movie studio Legendary Pictures, entertainment trade publication The Hollywood Reporter reported on Tuesday.
- EBay Inc said it would spin off PayPal, its fast-growing payments business, into a publicly traded company in the second half of 2015, marking an about-face for the company.
- Rupert Murdoch's News Corp said it would buy Move Inc , the owner of property websites such as realtor.com, for about $950 million to expand its digital marketing business.
- SoftBank Corp's talks to acquire Hollywood studio DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc have cooled, a SoftBank source and banking sources in Japan said.
TOKYO - Japanese discount store operator Don Quijote Holdings will open a new chain in the United States early next year selling take-out Japanese food such as deep-fried oysters and noodles to tap growing demand for Japanese cuisine, the company's chief executive said on Tuesday.
ZURICH - Cement makers Holcim and Lafarge are stepping up plans to shed assets in order to win clearance from competition regulators for their planned mega-merger, including possibly spinning them off into a new company.
LOS ANGELES - DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc's talks about taking on a Japanese owner highlight the challenges facing Hollywood's smaller studios in remaining independent and could prompt a string of other deals. | Video
TOKYO - Japanese convenience store operator Lawson Inc said on Tuesday that it would buy upscale supermarket chain Seijo Ishii Co for about 55 billion yen ($503 million), including debt, from investment fund Marunouchi Capital.
SEOUL - Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co Ltd is set to raise up to 1.16 trillion won ($1.1 billion) by selling via the stock exchange in November its entire stake in affiliate Samsung SDS, the IT services unit of Samsung Group.
CALGARY/TORONTO - Canada's Encana Corp said on Monday it will buy Athlon Energy Inc for $5.93 billion in cash, taking aim at Athlon's oil-rich lands in Texas's Permian Basin and at jump-starting its plan to boost output of lucrative oil and natural-gas liquids.
- Finance: Chinese e-cigarette maker Kimree files for U.S. IPO
- Technology: DreamWorks-SoftBank talks may augur Hollywood dealmaking wave
- Healthcare: New U.S. tax rules may lead Medtronic to redo inversion deal
- Consumer: Lawson to buy supermarket chain Seijo Ishii for $500 million: sources
- Energy: Mercuria's third founder: China head eyes long game
- Industrials: Bonomi letter keeps French Club Med bid battle alive
- M&A: BRIEF-Dcc to sell Robert Roberts, Kelkin to Valeo Foods for 60 mln eur
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Nickel miner Talvivaara gets debt cut plan, still lacks financing
- IPOs: Miner NWR says creditors to take up shares left from rights issue
- Private Capital: Senegal looks to desalination to prevent new water shortages
- Hedge Funds: Brevan Howard vs Rokos trial postponed to March 2015
- Regulatory: US STOCKS-EBay jumps in premarket, to spin off PayPal
Free Deals Newsletter
- Zalando Worth $6.8 Billion After Pricing IPO At More Than $27 A Share - Forbes
- Comcast/TWC merger vote delayed after NY regulators find “deficiencies” - Ars Technica
- Dubai's Emaar Properties' Malls Unit IPO Priced At Top Of Range - Gulf Business News
- Sale, Ventura had heated argument last week - Chicago Tribune
- Dave & Buster's IPO: New Price Range, Same Old Issues - Investorplace.com
- IPO Markets Don't Need Alibaba for Best Quarter Since 2010 - Bloomberg
- Computer Sciences Said to Contact Buyout Funds for LBO - Bloomberg
- America's Richest Hedge Fund Billionaires - Forbes