Cisco Systems Inc will buy software company BroadSoft Inc for $1.71 billion, it said on Monday, in a deal that boosts Cisco's collaboration tools and helps the company diversify its offerings away from switching and routing. | Video
Chiba, JAPAN Toshiba Corp is considering various measures in case it will not be able to complete the $18 billion sale of its prized chip unit by the end of March, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
BEIJING China's Sinochem Group is reviewing its struggling oil exploration business and plans expansions into material and life sciences over the next decade in major strategy shift, the chairman of the state-run conglomerate said.
AT&T Inc said on Monday it had extended by a "short period" the deadline to close its proposed deal to acquire Time Warner Inc , to buy time to get the required regulatory approvals for the deal.
Oil producer Hess Corp said on Monday it would sell its interests in offshore Equatorial Guinea to Kosmos Energy and Trident Energy for $650 million.
SAO PAULO Brazilian phone carrier Oi SA faced two setbacks from the government on Monday in its efforts to pull off the country's biggest-ever in-court debt restructuring.
BEIJING China's state-owned Sinochem Group on Tuesday appeared to deny a media report that it was bidding for a stake in Chilean lithium producer SQM being sold by Canada's PotashCorp.
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc said on Monday it would buy health insurer Aetna Inc's U.S. group life and disability business for $1.45 billion cash in a move that will expand its insurance portfolio and spur its digital technology plans.
Last year's failed $10 billion bid for KLA-Tencor Corp likely marks the end of efforts at any major acquisitions by Lam Research Corp and other booming producers of equipment for chipmakers, Lam's chief financial officer has told Reuters.
Agricultural chemicals maker Nufarm Ltd said it would buy a range of European crop protection product lines for $490 million to strengthen its position in Europe where it generates its highest crop protection margins.
- Finance: Blackstone, KKR, others shortlisted for Link REIT's $2 billion Hong Kong assets: sources
- Technology: British masts group Arqiva broadcasts $2 billion IPO plan
- Healthcare: Britain's Spire rejects 1.2 billion pound Mediclinic offer, shares soar
- Consumer: Armani plans transfer of stake in fashion firm to his foundation
- Energy: Engie in talks with Total as it reviews part of its LNG business
- Industrials: Linde cuts threshold for $80 billion Praxair deal, prepares asset sales
- M&A: UPDATE 3-Transition to be agreed with Brexit trade deal - UK's PM May
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Brazilian phone carrier Oi suffers two setbacks in debt restructuring
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Ghana to open bids for energy bonds worth 6 bln cedis ($1.36 bln)
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-China's Sinochem says no plans to bid for stake in Chilean lithium producer SQM
- Hedge Funds: Cryptocurrency hedge funds top 100 for first time
- Regulatory: Airbnb's China head exits, a week after co-founder named unit's chair