- Bain Capital's credit arm, Sankaty Advisors, is buying the debt portfolio of JPMorgan's principal investment group for more than $1 billion, the Financial Times reported.
MILAN - Proxy adviser Glass Lewis has recommended that Fiat investors vote in favor of a cross-border merger of the Italian carmaker and its U.S. unit Chrysler, saying its benefits outweighed concerns over potential increase in voting power of its main shareholder.
PARIS - French dairy group Danone is in talks to sell its medical nutrition business to U.S. group Hospira in a deal valuing the unit at about $5 billion, the Financial Times reported on Sunday, citing people familiar with the situation.
MELBOURNE - National Australia Bank Ltd has agreed to sell a 625 million pound ($1 billion) portfolio of mostly non-performing UK commercial property loans to an affiliate of private equity firm Cerberus Global Investors.
WELLINGTON - New Zealand financial services company Dorchester Pacific Ltd said on Monday it is planning a takeover bid for auction company Turners Auctions .
WELLINGTON - Connor Healthcare Ltd said on Monday that it would make a takeover offer for New Zealand private hospital operator Acurity Health Group Ltd .
PARIS - Club Mediterranee's board of directors on Friday advised that a 790 million euro ($1.1 billion) takeover offer for the holiday group from Italian financier and top shareholder Andrea Bonomi was in shareholders' interest.
LONDON/PARIS - Britain's BSkyB has agreed to pay $9 billion to buy the Rupert Murdoch's pay-TV companies in Germany and Italy, taking its hunt for growth into Europe by creating a media powerhouse with 20 million customers. | Video
NEW YORK - If Twenty-First Century Fox succeeds in buying Time Warner Inc, it's likely to sell CNN and pay billions of dollars in taxes rather than go through the headaches of spinning the cable news channel off to shareholders of the merged company, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Facebook Inc said the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission dropped its probe into the social networking company over events surrounding its controversial initial public offering.
- Finance: Destination Maternity gives up chase for UK's Mothercare
- Technology: Carey pressured from both sides of Fox Time Warner deal to stay in job
- Healthcare: Philips picks Morgan Stanley for lighting business stake sale: sources
- Consumer: Club Med board recommends shareholders back Bonomi's offer
- Energy: Talisman founding CEO cheers prospect of Repsol takeover
- Industrials: Italy's Bonomi welcomes Club Med board decision
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Reckitt Benckiser to spin off heroin treatment business
- Bankruptcy: Detroit's revised bankruptcy plan sheds light on bonds, monitor
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Reckitt Benckiser to spin off heroin treatment business
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Aberdeen assets dip as client withdraws 4 billion pounds
- Hedge Funds: Ireland to give green light for hedge funds to lend
- Regulatory: Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar
Free Deals Newsletter
- United Bank of India rallies over 10% on reports of merger with IDBI - Economic Times
- 3 New Issues IPO Investors Need to Know About for This Week - Motley Fool
- Here's What Investors Who Gobbled El Pollo Loco's IPO Missed - Forbes
- Who Got Rich This Week: Zillow, Trulia Merger Talk Lifts Owners' Fortunes - Forbes
- Shuttered Truland Electric may be forced into bankruptcy by electricians' union - WJLA
- Healthscope Climbs on Sydney Debut After $2.1 Billion IPO - Bloomberg
- Rumored Danone Medical Food Sale To Hospira Would End Ambition - Forbes
- Collingwood mulls sale to private equity firm - Telegraph.co.uk