SAN FRANCISCO A total of 34 artificial intelligence startups were acquired in the first quarter of this year, more than twice the amount of activity in the year-ago quarter, according to the research firm CB Insights.
((This May 26th story corrects paragraph 12 to show Falih was speaking at news conference not to Reuters and adds comment on listing))
WASHINGTON Paint-maker Sherwin-Williams has won U.S. antitrust approval to buy U.S. rival Valspar Corp , the Federal Trade Commission said on Friday.
MUNICH German industrial gases group Linde's supervisory board is due to vote on a merger agreement with U.S. peer Praxair on June 1, two people close to the matter told Reuters on Friday.
Soft drink maker PepsiCo Inc is in talks to acquire All Market Inc, the owner of coconut water brand Vita Coco, whose celebrity investors include Madonna and Matthew McConaughey, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
LONDON Sainsbury's , Britain's second largest supermarket group, is in the early stages of examining a takeover bid for tobacco distributor Palmer & Harvey, Sky News reported.
CHIBA Japan's Sharp Corp on Friday forecast its first net profit in four years following cost-cutting under new Taiwanese owner Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd (Foxconn) , and said it would resume making active investments.
LONDON UK hedge fund TCI said aero engine maker Safran's reduced offer for Zodiac Aerospace was still too high and it would vote against the deal.
HONG KONG Vertex Holdings, the venture capital arm of Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings (Pte) Ltd, expects to raise two separate funds for investments in Israel and the United States in 2018 after deploying most of the capital of existing funds there, its chief executive said on Friday.
MOSCOW/HONG KONG The state-backed Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) and China's Fosun International Ltd could announce an investment in Russia's top gold producer Polyus in early June, a source familiar with the talks told Reuters.
- Finance: BofA, HSBC, Intel, others invest $107 million in blockchain startup R3
- Technology: China's Dahua Tech plans up to $1 billion Hong Kong share sale: sources
- Healthcare: Chinese group buys world's No. 2 condom maker for $600 million
- Consumer: China's Fosun to sell real estate firms to Shanghai Yuyuan for $3.5 billion
- Energy: India government to hire five banks for up to $993 million IOC share sale: IFR
- Industrials: Israel's Netafim draws interest from private equity, Chinese bidders
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Moody's sees Glencore paying up to $6 billion in possible Bunge deal
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Neuron Bio starts talks under pre-insolvency proceedings
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Alfa Financial Software's shares rise sharply in London debut
- Private Capital: Fairfax Financial to sell 12.2 pct of Indian insurer ICICI Lombard
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory: Mother of Uber CEO killed in boating accident -newspaper