MELFI, Italy - Fiat Chrysler Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne is convinced there will be another merger deal in the carmaking industry within the next three years, he said on Thursday, not denying reports that he sent an email earlier this year courting U.S. rival General Motors .
RUESSELSHEIM, Germany - Opel CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann on Thursday ruled out a deal with Fiat but said he sees the need to improve volume, scale and utilisation in the auto industry and at Opel.
PARIS - Patrick Drahi, the billionaire owner of European telecoms group Altice, said he didn't bid for Time Warner Cable because his company lacked management resources to digest such a big deal in a market it had only recently entered.
COLOGNE, Germany - The chief executive of German drugs and chemicals group Bayer , Marijn Dekkers, said on Wednesday he could not comment on the possible takeover of Syngenta by Monsanto .
- Avago Technologies Ltd is close to an agreement to acquire fellow chipmaker Broadcom Corp, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday, in a deal that could boost Avago's clientele of top-tier smartphone companies.
- European private equity firm Cinven has agreed to buy French medical diagnostics provider Labco SA for 1.2 billion euros ($1.31 billion), a person familiar with the deal told Reuters.
LONDON - Britain's Aberdeen Asset Management has agreed to buy U.S. peer Flag Capital Management in a confidential deal that more than doubles the assets managed by its private equity unit and underscores its ambitions to expand in the United States.
VIENNA/FRANKFURT - It took years and a small fortune for U.S. investor Cerberus Capital Management [CBS.UL] to polish Austrian lender BAWAG PSK [CCMLPB.UL] into a retail gem. The question now is whether it wants to try to repeat the trick with Deutsche Postbank .
HELSINKI - Nokia is buying U.S. company Eden Rock Communications to boost its offering in its mainstay telecoms network equipment business, the Finnish company said on Wednesday.
- Finance: Shanghai-listed China Merchants Secs could raise $5.6 billion in HK offer: IFR
- Technology: Broadcom call buying surges on report of deal with Avago
- Healthcare: Go Scale to fund Philips lighting components buy with $1.93 billion in debt
- Consumer: Warburg Pincus to sell up to $341 million shares in Chinese rental firm CAR
- Energy: Crescent Point to acquire Legacy for shares, debt worth $1.2 billion
- Industrials: Irish government backs sale of Aer Lingus to IAG
- M&A: EU mergers and takeovers (May 28)
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Asian Bamboo says petition for insolvency proceedings will be filed
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Financial spreadbetter CMC Markets set to list next year - CEO
- Private Capital: After decisive UK vote, estate agents draw up listing plans
- Hedge Funds: Star hedge fund trader Rokos hires Vladimirov from Graticule - source
- Regulatory: PRESS DIGEST- Canada- May 28
Free Deals Newsletter
- Snapchat boss confirms IPO plan - The Guardian
- More than 2000 Tennessee state workers sent buyout offers - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Broadcom is said to be in talks on a sale to rival Avago - Los Angeles Times
- Jawbone Sues Fitbit Ahead of Rival's IPO - Re/code
- Kraft Heinz Turns Into A Hedge Fund Favorite As Buffett And 3G Mix Ketchup ... - Forbes
- Our Thoughts On The Time Warner Cable-Charter Merger - Forbes
- 178 Union-Tribune employees are laid off - U-T San Diego
- Jimmy John's IPO – Investors Will Eat This Up! - Investorplace.com