NEW YORK - Onex Corp has called off its auction of medical imaging firm Carestream Health Inc after failing to find a buyer that was willing to meet its price expectation of as much as $3.5 billion, three people familiar with the matter said this week.
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo Inc's board will meet on Sunday to vote on whether to offer $1.1 billion in cash for New York-based blogging service Tumblr, tech blog AllThingsD cited sources close to the situation as saying on Friday.
- The largest U.S. satellite video provider, DirecTV, is one of the companies considering a bid for online video website Hulu, according to a source familiar with the situation.
LONDON - After months of speculation, Vodafone's Vittorio Colao will be under pressure next week to set out whether he may sell its prized stake in Verizon Wireless in what would be one of the biggest deals ever.
LONDON - A drop in European takeovers has depressed global merger and acquisitions (M&A) activity so far this year, but bankers see activity picking up as a rally in stocks and bonds helps compensate for a prolonged euro-zone recession.
NEW YORK - Minority shareholders of Clearwire Corp are expected to vote down a buyout offer from Sprint Nextel Corp next week and force the No.3 U.S. wireless company to cough up more cash for control of Clearwire's valuable spectrum.
LONDON - British supermarket chain Wm Morrison is investing more than 200 million pounds ($306 million) in a 25-year deal with online grocer Ocado , seeking to catch up with rivals in home delivery and sending Ocado shares to a record high.
MILAN - Industrial and financial investors are in talks to buy a stake in Camfin , a holding company that controls tiremaker Pirelli , key investor Marco Tronchetti Provera said on Friday.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc appears to be in a win-win situation as Plains Exploration shareholders prepare for Monday's vote on the miner's nearly $6 billion takeover bid, part of its strategy to expand into energy.
NEW YORK - Generic drugmaker Actavis , the subject of intense takeover speculation, may have found its best defense: a potential purchase of Warner Chilcott Plc , a specialty pharmaceutical company that has been for sale on and off for years.
- Finance: Exclusive: Bain in the lead as Yankee Candle sale fizzles - sources
- Technology: Syniverse, Mach deal set to win EU approval-sources
- Healthcare: Novartis says has no intention of buying Actavis
- Consumer: Morgans Hotel says twice rejected buyout bids from large hotel group
- Energy: Caterpillar says settles Siwei deal with cut in purchase price
- Industrials: Gildemeister says Mori Seiki not preparing full takeover
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Tesoro wins US antitrust OK to buy California BP refinery
- Bankruptcy: Treveria and Hatfield clash over defaulted German loan
- IPOs: Investors dump Double B names as rates spike higher
- Private Capital: MIDEAST STOCKS - Factors to watch - May 19
- Hedge Funds: Toscafund bullish on UK economy and stock market
- Regulatory: Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
- Sony urged to cut entertainment stake - Washington Post
- Facebook IPO: a bittersweet one-year anniversary - Christian Science Monitor
- US Criticizes Russian Missile Sale to Syria - Voice of America
- Who Got Rich This Week: Hedge Fund Legend Michael Steinhardt, A ... - Forbes
- Women Sad, Angry Over Sale of Nonprofit Ohio Home - ABC News
- Steve Alford, New Mexico agree on buyout - CBSSports.com (blog)
- White Sox win fourth straight behind Sale's gem - Comcast SportsNet Chicago
- Reflecting on the Facebook IPO, One Year Later - Inc.com
- BoE governor King warns of risks in mortgage scheme
- Upmarket Pakistan district votes again as Imran Khan decries killing
- North Korea fires three short-range missiles
- Rome protest turns up heat on new Prime Minister |
- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Thirteen killed, 10 police kidnapped in Iraq violence
- Nigeria says 10 rebels killed in northeast, 65 arrested |
- France's Hollande signs gay marriage law
- Investigators seek cause of New York commuter train crash |
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eying Versace - paper