NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO Verizon Communications Inc is working on its bid for Yahoo Inc's core assets with an investment bank which was, as recently as last year, one of the U.S. internet company's top advisers, people familiar with the matter said.
TOKYO Takata Corp is in bailout talks with a number of potential investors including private equity firm KKR & Co , people familiar with the matter said on Thursday, driving up shares in the embattled auto parts maker.
MADRID Banco Popular triggered renewed concerns over the health of Spanish banks on Thursday with plans for its second 2.5 billion euro ($2.8 billion) capital increase in less than four years to cope with toxic real estate assets.
Gawker Media, the New York-based owner of online news and gossip website Gawker.com, is exploring a sale following a court ruling that it pay $140 million to wrestler Hulk Hogan over the publication of a sex tape, according to two sources familiar with the matter. | Video
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc received a joint takeover offer from Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd and TPG Capital Management LP [TPG.UL] this spring that the Canadian drugmaker rejected, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc had received an offer from a third party before it agreed to be bought by Pfizer Inc in a $5.2 billion deal last week, regulatory filings showed.
BioClinica Inc, a U.S. pharmaceutical contract research organization owned by buyout firm JLL Partners, is exploring a sale that could value it at as much as $1.3 billion, including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
AMSTERDAM Philips said on Thursday it has set pricing in the initial public offering of its lighting division at 20 euros per share.
DUESSELDORF, Germany Thyssenkrupp said its elevator business was a core part of the company, responding to a German magazine report that Finnish rival Kone had proposed a merger at the end of 2015.
BANGKOK Thailand's Berli Jucker Pcl said it planned to sell bonds and new shares via a rights issue and a private placement to raise up to 214 billion baht ($6.02 billion) and pay debt used to fund its acquisition of Big C Supercenter Pcl .
- Finance: Prosper Marketplace hires banks to explore options: sources
- Technology: Glass Lewis recommends shareholders vote for Tribune Publishing board
- Healthcare: South Korea picks GE to supply engines for homegrown fighter jets
- Consumer: US Foods raises $1 billion in year's second largest IPO
- Energy: Amplats bid to buy peace around prized South African mine may backfire
- Industrials: DONG Energy listing set to value group at up to $16 billion
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - May 27
- Bankruptcy: Fights over value dog U.S. energy producers' bankruptcy plans
- IPOs: Lloyds bank shares reach break-even point for UK government sale
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Valeant rejected joint takeover bid from Takeda, TPG in spring-WSJ
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds, anticipating ECB buys, move into long-dated euro zone debt
- Regulatory: BRIEF-El Paso Electric announces an increase in qtrly dividend
- Gawker Media Is Exploring a Possible Sale - New York Times
- Cloud communications platform Twilio files for $100 million IPO - VentureBeat
- APNewsBreak: Poor Suburb Softens on Merger With Cleveland - ABC News
- US Foods Deal Helps to Defrost the IPO Market - Fortune
- Sports Authority's “Going Out of Business Sale” now underway! - fox6now.com
- Philips Raises $839 Million From Dutch IPO of Lighting Unit - Bloomberg
- Dong Energy IPO could value company at $16bn - Financial Times
- Snapchat quietly added an IPO specialist to its board - Business Insider