- Sysco Corp will buy US Foods Inc for about $3.5 billion from its private equity owners in a deal that will combine the top two U.S. food distributors and create a company commanding at least a quarter of the $235 billion North American market. | Video
DUBAI - Three state-owned Gulf firms are considering a joint bid for a minority stake in Occidental Petroleum Corp's Middle East and North Africa (MENA) unit, a deal that could be worth between $8 billion and $10 billion, three banking sources said.
- A group of investors led by insurance-industry veteran Brian Duperreault struck a deal to buy billionaire trader Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors LP's reinsurance business.
- Time Warner Cable's incoming chief executive Rob Marcus said on Monday he is in no hurry to sell the company, while Charter's CEO Tom Rutledge, a potential suitor, said the smaller company sees benefits in growing through acquisitions.
- The world's third-biggest retailer Tesco Plc has bought a small stake in Lazada, the Southeast Asian online retail company said on Monday.
PARIS - French gas and power group GDF Suez said on Monday it had sold a 50 percent stake in a 440 megawatt French onshore wind farm to Credit Agricole Assurances .
LONDON - Lloyds Banking Group said on Monday it would sell its remaining 21 percent stake in wealth manager St James's Place to bolster its capital.
LONDON - HSBC played down a report on Monday that it was considering listing a third of its British retail and commercial banking arm in order to meet UK regulation and unlock value for shareholders.
- U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co said on Monday that it would buy back about 10 percent of its outstanding stock in a roughly $2 billion purchase from the Margaret A. Cargill Foundation and the Anne Ray Charitable Trust over the next eight months.
FRANKFURT - Scents and flavors maker Symrise may lift its stakes in probiotics specialist Probi and another Swedish food ingredient company as it seeks growth in nutritional supplements that carry the promise of better health.
- Finance: China Everbright Bank to launch $2.8 billion Hong Kong offer on Tuesday
- Technology: Time Warner Cable, Charter execs see benefits of deals but in no rush
- Healthcare: IDB Group to sell Given Imaging stake for $426 million
- Consumer: Milk producer WhiteWave to buy Earthbound Farm for $600 million
- Energy: Total buys stake in Papua New Guinea bloc
- Industrials: Airbus says Kuwait Airways in tentative deal to buy 25 jets
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Dec 10
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Bid deadline for Canada's Mobilicity delayed by a week
- IPOs: Indian FX/debt factors to watch - Dec 10
- Private Capital: Brazil needs fiscal discipline next year, says BTG Pactual CEO
- Hedge Funds: Britain to close hedge fund tax loopholes
- Regulatory: GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks edge higher, euro scales heights
- US Sells Remaining Stake in General Motors - New York Times
- American Airlines-US Airways merger becomes official - Los Angeles Times
- Sysco Surging On $8.2 Billion US Foods Merger And WhiteWave Up On ... - Forbes
- Guitar-Playing Bankruptcy Judge Tuned in to People - ABC News
- AMC offers stock to loyal movie fans - CNN
- Twitter Rises Most Since IPO on Advertising Product Optimism - Bloomberg
- Big Savings Promised in Food Merger - New York Times
- Candy Crush: So Popular It's Killing King's IPO? - Yahoo Finance (blog)
- Man killed British soldier in war for Allah, court hears
- Merkel's conservatives back coalition deal despite doubts
- U.S. Korean War veteran released by North says made 'confession' under duress
- MPs urge Britain to shape EU transaction tax debate
- UK house price growth expectations hit 14-year high in Nov - RICS
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher
- Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks as tensions rise
- World pays homage to Mandela in mass memorial service |
- French army battles militias in Central African Republic's capital
- Carney sees hopeful signs in UK economy |