- Japanese banks are among bidders for General Electric Co's local commercial lending and leasing operation, sources told Reuters on Friday.
FRANKFURT - Bayer's plastics maker Covestro aims to raise about 2.5 billion euros ($2.8 billion) with an initial public offering in the fourth quarter, sources said, leaving its parent to focus on drugs and pesticides.
- Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd said it would acquire software security provider Good Technology for $425 million in cash.
MUMBAI - Indian drugmaker Cipla Ltd is set to buy two U.S. generics businesses in cash deals worth $550 million, it said on Friday, following rivals with a push to enhance its presence in the world's largest generics market.
LONDON - Online gambling firm Bwin.party , which on Friday accepted a 1.06 billion pound takeover from GVC , said many of its investors had been split on whether to back the approach over a rival offer from 888 .
SINGAPORE/KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysian lender CIMB Group Holdings has invited bids from insurers for an agreement to distribute their general insurance products in four Southeast Asian markets, a deal that could fetch it about $400 million, people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- Snack food company B&G Foods Inc said it would buy General Mills Inc's Green Giant frozen foods and Le Sueur canned vegetables brands for about $765 million to expand its distribution network and enter the frozen foods market.
- Chipmaker Diodes Inc said it would buy Pericom Semiconductor Corp in a deal valued at about $400 million to boost its analog and mixed-signal chip businesses.
LONDON/PARIS - UK private equity firm Charterhouse has mandated Deutsche Bank for a sale of its 60 percent stake in French call center business Webhelp, four people familiar with the matter said.
WASHINGTON - The Federal Reserve on Thursday said it had approved the application by Banner Corp to acquire Seattle-based Starbuck Bancshares and its subsidiary AmericanWest Bank.
- Finance: Timeline: GVC trumps 888 in battle for Bwin
- Technology: HP seeks to sell cyber security unit TippingPoint: sources
- Healthcare: Lannett to buy UCB unit to boost specialty generic drugs portfolio
- Consumer: Tesco prefers MBK's $6.6 billion bid for South Korean business: sources
- Energy: EU regulators clear Shell's takeover of BG Group
- Industrials: Unit of China's HNA to buy Avolon Holdings for $2.5 billion
- M&A: TIMELINE-GVC trumps 888 in battle for Bwin
- Bankruptcy: Italy mulling rescue of three small lenders through banking fund-source
- IPOs: PAI picks banks for listing of Sweden's Perstorp -sources
- Private Capital: BlackBerry to acquire Good Technology for $425 mln
- Hedge Funds: Ex-BlueBay duo Phillips and Fayman to launch hedge fund -source
- Regulatory: BlackBerry to acquire Good Technology for $425 mln
- Bayer to List Polymer Business Covestro in 4th Quarter IPO - New York Times
- FTC continues probing Staples-Office Depot merger - New York Post
- Twin Cities parish leaders can view sex abuse claims, judge rules - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Marco Rubio announces he doesn't support granting Puerto Rico the bankruptcy ... - Washington Post
- Lahey, Beth Israel Deaconess in merger talk - Boston Globe
- AOL Mercy Kills Millennial Media, One-time Hot Ad Tech IPO, For Just $238 Million - Forbes
- DUAL M&A Liability Team Open for Business in Frankfurt and London - Insurance Journal
- Kershaw, Sale and the quest for another 300-strikeout season - CBSSports.com