PARIS - The battle over Brazil's telecoms market ratcheted up on Thursday as European competitors Telecom Italia and Telefonica made rival offers for Vivendi's Brazilian broadband unit GVT.
MOSCOW - Russia's Economy Minister said on Tuesday that preparations to sell a part of the state's stake in Rosneft, the world's top oil producer by output, are under way and it could be sold in two tranches, RIA Novosti news agency reported.
WILMINGTON Del. - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc and activist investor William Ackman got their request for an expedited trial on Wednesday over the timing of a special meeting of Allergan Inc shareholders, a key to their $50 billion hostile takeover fight.
TOKYO - Japan's Skylark Co Ltd has decided to list in Tokyo on Oct. 9 and will offer up to 112.6 billion yen ($1.1 billion) in shares in its initial public offering, a regulatory filing showed on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Tyson Foods Inc , the largest U.S. meat processor, on Wednesday won U.S. antitrust approval for its $8.5 billion purchase of Hillshire Brands Co .
- Lear Corp, a maker of auto seats and electrical power systems, said it would buy automotive leather supplier Eagle Ottawa LLC for $850 million to strengthen its core seating business and boost its luxury seats portfolio.
- Oak Hill Capital Partners LP, the private equity owner of restaurant and arcade chain Dave & Buster's Inc, is considering raising a smaller fund than its previous $3.8 billion flagship buyout fund, according to people familiar with the matter.
LONDON/HONG KONG - Commodities trader and miner Glencore and Chinese nickel producer Jinchuan Group are the frontrunners to buy BHP Billiton's Australian Nickel West division, two sources close to the situation said.
RIO DE JANEIRO/PARIS - Brazil’s Grupo Oi SA unveiled plans on Wednesday to take over Telecom Italia's local mobile unit, in a move sources said was aimed at breaking up the country’s second-biggest wireless carrier and upstaging merger bids by foreign rivals.
SINGAPORE - Two Chinese firms are among companies which have approached STATS ChipPAC Ltd about acquiring it, the Singapore provider of technology services said on Thursday.
- Finance: Bankrupt Energy Future will soon propose auction process
- Technology: Spain's Telefonica raises bid for Vivendi's GVT in Brazil
- Healthcare: InterMune drug may offer big upside to Roche if aimed at liver
- Consumer: ASOS shares jump on report of U.S. bid interest
- Energy: Repsol talks to buy Talisman assets stall: WSJ
- Industrials: Japan Airlines says considering order of Mitsubishi Regional Jets
- M&A: MOVES-Eastspring Investments appoints new CEO for Japan business
- Bankruptcy: Bankrupt Energy Future will soon propose auction process
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Online retailer Zalando reports first profit as eyes IPO
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Japan restaurant operator Skylark to raise up to $1.1 bln in Tokyo IPO
- Hedge Funds: Major banks' first-half commodity revenue climbs 21 pct
- Regulatory: GLOBAL MARKETS-Bruised euro holds ground ahead of inflation test
Free Deals Newsletter
- Mobile Sales Lift Alibaba Profit Nearly Threefold, Ahead of IPO - New York Times
- The Unstoppable Share Economy--LendingClub Files For $500 Million IPO - Forbes
- There'd Be No Wireless Wars Without The Blocked T-Mobile Merger, So Where ... - Forbes
- Tyson Foods and Hillshire Win Antitrust Clearance for Merger - New York Times
- Time Warner Cable Outage Raises Questions About Comcast Merger - TIME
- Alibaba Pumps IPO Enthusiasm With Huge Profit Jump - Forbes
- Northwestern, Cadence Health merger takes effect Sept. 1 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Huge consignment sale kicks off - Springfield News-Leader