TOKYO Shares in SoftBank Group Corp rose nearly 3 percent in morning trade on Monday after a Reuters report that the Japanese company is prepared to cede control of Sprint Corp to T-Mobile US Inc to clinch a merger of the two U.S. wireless carriers.
HONG KONG Overseas acquisitions by Chinese buyers are cooling after two record years as Beijing reins in capital outflows, but deals into China are on the rise, and new rules will make it easier for foreign buyers to tap China's giant consumer potential.
FRANKFURT PSA Group has pledged to the German government to continue operating all four of Opel's German production sites as part of the French carmaker's planned takeover of General Motors' European arm, German Sunday paper Bild am Sonntag reported.
General Motors Co shares could climb by as much as 35 percent if it succeeds in selling its European Opel brand and focuses on its healthier markets, Barron's said on Sunday.
SHANGHAI Chinese tech giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has formed a strategic partnership with retail conglomerate Bailian Group, extending a push into bricks-and-mortar retail as online growth slows.
WELLINGTON Telecommunications company Spark has asked a New Zealand court to rule a 36-hour pause must take place before Sky Network Television can buy Vodafone's New Zealand unit if the competition regulator approves the deal.
Hong Kong Sun Art Retail Group Ltd on Monday said it will open fewer stores this year after it dismissed media reports that it was discussing a supermarket sale with Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd , sending its shares down 18 percent.
PARIS/LONDON The chief executive of Peugeot manufacturer PSA Group will meet British Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss his firm's planned acquisition of General Motors' Opel and Vauxhall operations, a government spokesman said on Saturday.
Exclusive: Kinder Morgan starts talks with investors for $5.2 billion Canada pipeline project - sources
TORONTO/NEW YORK Kinder Morgan Inc has begun talks with institutional investors including major Canadian pension funds and private equity firms to raise capital for the C$6.8 billion ($5.2 billion) expansion of its Trans Mountain pipeline project, according to people familiar with the process.
- Finance: Kraft Heinz bids $143 billion for Unilever in global brand grab
- Technology: Exclusive: SoftBank willing to cede control of Sprint to entice T-Mobile - sources
- Healthcare: Markets upbeat on M&A turmoil
- Consumer: UK PM May orders officials to examine Kraft Heinz bid for Unilever: FT
- Energy: Saudi Arabia debating shape of Aramco ahead of IPO: sources
- Industrials: Energy Future bankruptcy plan approved, clearing way for NextEra
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Feb 20
- Bankruptcy: Energy Future bankruptcy plan approved, clearing way for NextEra
- IPOs: Domestic banks lose ground in France's AFT debt agency rankings
- Private Capital: Inbound China M&A takes flight on consumer promise
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros
- Regulatory: Swiss stocks - Factors to watch on Feb. 20