TOKYO - Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp said on Sunday it would buy back the 19.9 percent stake it sold to Volkswagen AG after an international arbitration court ordered the German automaker to sell its holding.
HONG KONG - Ageas has agreed to sell its Hong Kong insurance unit to a China-based asset manager JD Capital for HK$10.7 billion ($1.4 billion), the Belgian insurer said in a statement on Sunday, exiting a business it acquired eight years ago.
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc disclosed a $4.48 billion stake in oil refiner Phillips 66 , rebuilding a bet it had made in the energy industry before oil prices fell.
ZURICH - Syngenta AG may seek partners to help improve its product lineup after a thorough review in the wake of a rebuffed takeover approach from Monsanto Co , the agrichemicals group's chairman told a Swiss newspaper.
ZURICH - Swiss flavors and fragrances group Givaudan said on Monday it would buy Induchem Holding AG, in a move to strengthen its active cosmetic business.
TORONTO - The owner of adultery website Ashley Madison had already been struggling to sell itself or raise funds for at least three years before the publication of details about its members, according to internal documents and emails also released by hackers as part of their assault on the company in recent weeks.
- Private equity firm Carlyle Group LP has been exploring a sale of aircraft leasing and maintenance company Landmark Aviation for as much as $1.7 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
FRANKFURT - Auto parts maker Robert Bosch [ROBG.UL] has bought Seeo Inc, a California-based company that has developed next-generation lithium-ion batteries that could double the range of electric cars.
NEW YORK - Mylan NV shareholders on Friday backed the drugmaker's hostile bid for Perrigo Co , allowing it to launch a tender offer for the company's shares in the next few weeks.
- Drugmaker Baxalta Inc is in talks to buy Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc to boost its oncology business, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Finance: Olam gets new backer as Mitsubishi spends $1.1 billion on 20 percent stake
- Technology: Nokia agrees on 'Shanghai Bell' joint venture with China Huaxin
- Healthcare: Wells Fargo front-runner to buy GE's railcar financing unit: Bloomberg
- Consumer: Suzuki Motor says it will buy back VW stake as court settles feud
- Energy: Exclusive: China aluminum shake-up planned in state reform push
- Industrials: Carlyle in talks on $770 million takeover of UK's Innovation Group
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - Aug 31
- Bankruptcy: Puerto Rico government delays fiscal reform plan
- IPOs: Carlyle in talks on $770 mln takeover of UK's Innovation Group
- Private Capital: Carlyle's nominee on China Fishery's board steps down
- Hedge Funds: Aberdeen raises $500 million in liquid hedge fund
- Regulatory: Nikkei tumbles amid profit taking, fresh uncertainty over Fed moves
- What China Needs To Learn: Bankruptcy Is The Most Important Part Of Capitalism - Forbes
- Ahead of IPO, Univision Faces Bigger Rival Than Trump: Shifting TV Habits - New York Times
- We Believe Healthcare's Next Biotech Buyout Target Is… - Motley Fool
- Ageas Gets $1.38 Billion From Hong Kong Unit Sale to JD Capital - Bloomberg
- Berkshire Hathaway takes $4.48B stake in refiner Phillips 66 - CNBC
- Communications Firms Hot and Partner Mulling Merger as Sector Consolidates - Haaretz
- Alcatel-Lucent CEO to gain €14m from Nokia merger - ZDNet
- Suzuki Motor says it will buy back VW stake as court settles feud - Reuters