LONDON/NEW YORK - U.S. drugmaker Pfizer is to continue buying back stock, with the board authorizing a new $11 billion share repurchase plan, deflating expectations that it will make a new bid for AstraZeneca.
WASHINGTON - Lockheed Martin Corp and U.S. defense officials have reached agreement on the terms of a contract worth about $4 billion for an eighth batch of 43 F-35 fighter jets, sources familiar with the deal said on Thursday.
SHANGHAI - A unit of Bank of New York Mellon Corp, one of the largest wealth managers in the United States, has won regulatory clearance for the sale of its stake in a joint venture with China's Western Securities Co Ltd , as a shake-out continues among partnerships in the country's financial industry.
- Online home-rental marketplace Airbnb Inc valuation is set to be valued at $13 billion, up from its $10 billion valuation in March this year, as it discusses an employee stock sale, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal.
- E-commerce services provider Digital River Inc said on Thursday it entered into an agreement to be acquired by an investor group led by Siris Capital Group LLC for about $840 million.
DUBAI/KUALA LUMPUR - Aabar Investments is demanding a hefty premium for its minority stake in Malaysia's No.4 bank, sources say, as the Abu Dhabi state fund leverages on its amplified role in a $22 billion merger that will create Southeast Asia's fourth-largest lender.
LONDON - British defense company Cobham said on Friday it signed an A$640 million ($561 million) deal to provide airborne search and rescue capability to Australia for 12 years from 2016.
- Apple Inc said on Thursday it is studying options for sapphire supply and might work again with GT Advanced Technologies Inc if the distressed supplier can reduce production costs for the scratch-resistant material.
LONDON - British engineer Rolls-Royce said on Friday it has finalised a deal to create a joint venture which will design and develop accessory drive train transmissions for all of the company's future civil aircraft engines.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian juice maker Grupo Cutrale and investment firm Safra Group raised their offer on Thursday for Chiquita Brands International Inc , a day before the U.S. banana producer's shareholders vote on a merger with Irish rival Fyffes Plc .
- Finance: As ETF M&A heats up, industry wonders who is next
- Technology: AMC Networks buys 49.9 percent stake in BBC America
- Healthcare: Abbott, Mylan silent on why changing tax-inversion terms
- Consumer: Toyota sells some Tesla shares, cooperation still possible
- Energy: Australian driller Boart Longyear in $352 mln bailout deal
- Industrials: Singapore Airlines signals budget determination with Tiger takeover
- M&A: BRIEF-Petra Diamonds 232.08 carat white diamond sold for $15.2 mln
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-The Fantastic Company unit Sicara files for insolvency
- IPOs: ECB to find capital shortfall of over 800 mln euros at PTSB- Irish Times
- Private Capital: Cementos Portland approaches Blackstone over debt refinancing-source
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund exit requests drop to nine-month low
- Regulatory: Delphi profit rises on higher demand in Asia, North America
Free Deals Newsletter
- Chicken craze continues as Wingstop plans IPO - Fortune
- Wyly Widow Files Bankruptcy Citing $101 Million SEC Debt - Bloomberg
- Related Companies Buys a 50 Percent Stake in CORE Residential Brokerage - New York Times
- Drawn to Lost Causes, Hedge Fund Seeks to Turn Them Around - New York Times
- news - Detroit Free Press
- In More Cities, That Doggie In The Window Is Not For Sale - NPR
- FCC pauses clock on AT&T-DirecTV, Comcast-TWC merger reviews - Reuters
- KKR Profit Falls on Slower Growth in Private Equity - New York Times