TORONTO - BCE Inc said on Wednesday it will pay C$3.95 billion ($3.68 billion) to take regional affiliate Bell Aliant private, securing access to its cash flow and bolstering BCE's position as Canada's largest telecom company.
MILAN - Proxy advisor ISS has recommended that Fiat investors vote against a cross-border merger of the Italian carmaker and its U.S. unit Chrysler at a meeting on Aug. 1, saying it would reduce shareholder rights.
SAN FRANCISCO - AT&T Inc and the Chernin Group are close to buying a majority slice of Fullscreen, in a deal that will value the popular YouTube video network at $200 million to $300 million, said tech blog Re/code, citing sources familiar with the target company.
CALGARY/VANCOUVER - Talisman Energy Inc shares rose 13 percent on Wednesday as it confirmed it has been approached by Spain's Repsol SA about potential deals, raising the prospect that one of Canada's largest independent oil companies will sell off major assets or be taken over.
BRASILIA/MILAN - Telecom Italia does not rule out merging its Brazilian operator with a local rival but such a move is not on the agenda for now, its chief executive said after meeting Brazil's president on Wednesday.
MILAN - Italian energy grid holding company CDP Reti will receive a loan of around 1.5 billion euros ($2 billion) to help smooth a sale of a stake to China's State Grid Corp, two sources familiar with the matter said.
TURIN Italy - Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne on Wednesday quashed speculation of a possible tie-up with Germany's Volkswagen , saying the idea had never been on the agenda.
BRASILIA - Spain's Telefonica SA is "clearly working to address" antitrust issues in Brazil, where it faces scrutiny from direct and indirect participation in two of the nation's biggest mobile carriers, Communications Minister Paulo Bernardo said on Wednesday.
HOUSTON - U.S. oil and gas company Apache Corp told Reuters it is looking at ways to wring more cash out of its valuable mineral rights, as it and other energy companies face investor pressure to tap more profits from the North American shale boom.
MILAN - Italian brakes maker Brembo will build a new foundry in Michigan to expand its manufacturing capability in the United States, betting on continued strength of the country's automotive sector.
- Finance: RBS considers sale of Irish unit to private equity firm: Irish examiner
- Technology: With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Healthcare: Life Healthcare to invest up to $132 million in India hospital chain to raise stake
- Consumer: PetSmart hires bank to study buyback, deal options: sources
- Energy: Amplats to sell strike-hit South African mines
- Industrials: Hawaiian Airlines to add revamped Airbus A330 jet to fleet
- M&A: BG Group considers $1.7 bln North Sea operations sale -The Times
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Argentine president says debt stance not made on a whim
- IPOs: BRIEF-Ballast Nedam announces 88.2 pct take-up in rights offering
- Private Capital: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Hedge Funds: Argentine default in balance as government refuses to capitulate
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-Mexico's Pemex says blaze halts most work at Madero refinery
Free Deals Newsletter
- Southern Tier home sale prices mixed in June - Press & Sun-Bulletin
- Private Equity Giants With a Taste for Auto Body Shops - New York Times
- Lessons from a successful IPO - BetaBoston
- Is Asia-Pacific Private Equity On The Rebound? - Forbes
- Upscale retirement home files for bankruptcy 7/22/14 - Newsday
- Detroit's Retirees Vote to Lower Pensions, in Support of Bankruptcy Plan - New York Times
- Alibaba's IPO Could Be a Bonanza for the Scions of Chinese Leaders - New York Times
- Summit Park's $36 million sale could net Rockland $10 million for further ... - The Journal News / Lohud.com