- Apollo Global Management LLC is in advanced talks to acquire Presidio Inc in a deal that could value the information technology consulting company at close to $1.3 billion, including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON - GlaxoSmithKline won U.S. antitrust approval to buy Novartis AG's vaccine business, with the exception of influenza vaccines, the two companies said on Wednesday.
LONDON - Food retailer Agrokor [AGROK.UL], Croatia's largest private firm, has lined up Rothschild [ROT.UL] to advise it on a public listing that could value the business at about 4 billion euros ($5 billion), several sources familiar with the matter said.
BOSTON - Hedge fund mogul William Ackman told investors they could see a $6 billion payday when he closes the chapter on Allergan Inc., his firm's biggest bet of 2014.
JOHANNESBURG - Carlyle Group has agreed to buy South African tire retailer Tiger Automotive from Ethos Private Equity, Ethos said on Wednesday, the U.S. buyout firm's first deal in Africa's most developed economy.
WASHINGTON - U.S. antitrust regulators on Wednesday approved a pair of major deals in the medical field, including Medtronic's purchase of Covidien, which will allow it to take advantage of tax breaks in Ireland.
NEW YORK - LeapFrog Enterprises Inc, the maker of educational electronics for kids whose missed sales estimates have pushed its shares down 30 percent this year, is attracting some big-name value fund managers who are betting the company will either rebound during the holiday season or be bought by a rival.
HOUSTON - Venezuela's state-run oil company PDVSA is using the sale of its Citgo Petroleum Corp refining assets to hinder the ability of ConocoPhillips to collect an expected arbitration award, the U.S. oil company said in a Texas court filing.
- Tibco Software Inc can proceed with a shareholder vote next week on its proposed $4.2 billion buyout by private equity firm Vista Equity Partners, despite an erroneous share count that initially overvalued the deal by $100 million, a Delaware judge said.
- Finance: Santander wants to sell part of Nevada solar project stake: WSJ
- Technology: U.S. requires divestiture in Nexstar-Communications Corp deal
- Healthcare: Novartis selling nicotine patch to win U.S. nod for GlaxoSmithKline deal: FTC
- Consumer: Ferrari spin-off to cut Fiat Chrysler debt by 715 million euros -filing
- Energy: Exclusive: Venezuela sets date for Citgo bids despite ruling sale out
- Industrials: Samsung Group sells shares in chemical, defense arms for $1.7 billion
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Medtronic gets U.S. antitrust OK to buy Covidien with divestiture
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Fleet-owning unit of bankrupt OW Bunker taken over-fleet manager
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Croatian retailer Agrokor lines up Rothschild for $5bln listing - sources
- Private Capital: Online grocers come up trumps in India's e-commerce boom
- Hedge Funds: British insurer Aviva to shut $2 billion fund of hedge funds
- Regulatory: TransCanada parts ways with PR firm after campaign controversy
Free Deals Newsletter
- Steam Exploration Sale means Black Friday's come early for PC gamers - PCWorld
- Monte Carlo Fashions to raise around Rs 350 crore through IPO - Economic Times
- Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions - Reuters
- Danone Said to Weigh Sale of $2 Billion Stake in Yakult - Bloomberg
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale Offers Up to 75% off Blizzard Games - IGN - IGN
- Hedge Fund Manager Seeks Files Related To SEC Investigation Of Him - Forbes
- Delphi's Korean JV partner complicates unit sale -sources - Reuters
- Early Box Investor Explains Why He's Not Nervous About The Delayed IPO - Business Insider