LONDON - GlaxoSmithKline said on Monday it had paid 64 billion rupees ($1.05 billion) to increase its stake in its Indian pharmaceuticals unit to 75 percent, as it banks on rising demand for medicines in emerging markets.
- U.S. fruit distributor Chiquita Brands International Inc will buy Irish fruit firm Fyffes Plc in an all-stock deal valuing Fyffes at about $526 million to create the world's largest banana supplier.
PARIS - French electrical gear maker Schneider Electric confirmed on Monday it was in talks with potential buyers for its sensors unit CST, following a newspaper report saying it could reap up to $900 million from a deal.
PARIS - France's Bouygues Telecom has agreed to sell its mobile network and much of its spectrum to smaller rival Iliad as a way to head off competition regulators' concerns about its pending bid for Vivendi's SFR .
BEIJING - Tencent Holdings Ltd's new partnership with China's No. 2 online retailer JD.com takes aim at dominant rival Alibaba's Achilles heel - its weakness in mobile - in a move set to reshape the country's e-commerce industry.
- A Delaware judge said Royal Bank of Canada should be held liable to former shareholders of Rural/Metro Corp because it failed to disclose conflicts of interest that tainted the $438 million buyout of the ambulance operator.
HONG KONG - An online education company backed by Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said on Monday that a unit of Softbank Corp had made a strategic investment in the company for an undisclosed amount.
SYDNEY - German builder Hochtief AG plans to spend over $1 billion to lift its majority stake in Australia's Leighton Holdings Ltd , seeking to push through restructuring at a business that already delivers most of Hochtief's profit.
CAIRO - Arabtec Holding , Dubai's largest listed construction firm, has agreed with the Egyptian army to build one million houses in a project worth 280 billion Egyptian pounds ($40.23 billion), it said in a statement on Sunday.
SHANGHAI - Unilever PLC has bought a majority stake in water purification company Qinyuan, its biggest Chinese acquisition in ten years, the consumer goods company said on Sunday without disclosing what it paid.
- Finance: United Rentals to buy National Pump for $780 million
- Technology: Temasek's pivot to private investment heralds billion-dollar listed asset sales
- Healthcare: Medical device maker Biomet files for IPO of up to $100 million
- Consumer: Rolls-Royce to buy Daimler stake of power systems unit with cash, borrowing
- Energy: Bouygues' bid for SFR to be financed with cash, debt
- Industrials: Airbus aims to expand slice of smaller U.S. defense 'pie'
- M&A: Senior buys Malaysia's UPECA Technologies in $75.5 mln deal
- Bankruptcy: Austria's Nowotny supports Hypo bad bank without state guarantees
- IPOs: Bank of England starts US dollar bond sale
- Private Capital: Schneider says in talks to sell sensors unit CST
- Hedge Funds: Computer-driven trade to grab market share in 2014
- Regulatory: WRAPUP 3-Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
- Asia Private Equity Weekly News, March 10, 2014 - Reuters
- Spotify's $200m credit line hints at IPO - Money Supply (blog)
- US judge says RBC liable in Rural/Metro buyout case - Reuters
- Classified Ventures exploring $3 bln sale of Cars.com-WSJ - Reuters
- JP Morgan Chase's sale of private equity arm stalls - Reuters
- DEALTALK-Private equity seen moving on cash-starved miners - Reuters
- Citi Private Bank making big pitch for hedge fund wealth - The Advocate
- Softbank Said to Ready Broadband Pitch Amid Merger Doubt - Bloomberg
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Ex-rebel claims El Salvador election win, rival cries foul
- Scotland complains over British handling of nuclear leak
- Spain industrial output grows for third straight month in January
- Japan fourth-quarter growth, external balance suffer blow in test for Abenomics
- Japan, U.S. differ on China in talks on 'grey zone' military threats
- Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker |
- Bank of England to hold independent inquiry into FX fixing claims - report
- Co-op to hike pay for top executives - report