NEW YORK, March 8 (Reuters-peHUB) - The auction of JP Morgan Chase's private equity business, One Equity Partners, in the market since at least November, has hit an impasse, according to three people with knowledge of the situation.
SHANGHAI - China's largest Internet company Tencent Holdings Ltd may soon announce a deal to take about a 16 percent stake in online retailer JD.com and merge their online shopping platforms, local media reported on Saturday.
PARIS - A committee of board directors at Vivendi met on Saturday to review rival offers for telecoms unit SFR and prepare a meeting of the supervisory council possibly at the end of the week, sources close to the matter said.
MADRID - British telecoms group Vodafone has reached a preliminary deal to buy Spanish cable group Ono after raising its initial bid for the company, two people with knowledge of the discussions said on Friday.
- The private equity arm of Goldman Sachs Group Inc and Vestar Capital Partners are nearing a deal to buy Hearthside Food Solutions LLC for more than $1.1 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
LONDON - British engineering company Rolls-Royce said on Friday it would fund the purchase of German carmaker Daimler's 50 percent stake of a jointly owned power systems company using cash and some borrowing.
WASHINGTON - Top Airbus executives on Friday said they still hoped to expand the company's share of the shrinking U.S. defense market but did not see a large U.S. acquisition target in the near-term.
PARIS - Airbus Defense and Space said on Friday that it will supply six A330 MRTT refueling jets to Singapore's air force and that India was close to ordering another half dozen.
- Network security company FireEye Inc and its investors sold a second round of shares to the public on Friday to finance expansion and cash in on enthusiasm for its offerings.
MILAN - Five U.S. private equity funds have expressed interest in the "bad bank" unit of Italy's Banco Popolare , according to sources, in a sign of growing appetite from foreign investors for real estate and distressed credit in the country.
- Finance: Greece's Alpha plans $1.66 billion capital increase, underwritten by bookrunners
- Technology: Brazil's Cemig forms consortium to bid for Colombian power group
- Healthcare: Medical device maker Biomet files for IPO of up to $100 million
- Consumer: Cerberus Capital to buy Safeway for about $9.4 billion
- Energy: Bouygues' bid for SFR to be financed with cash, debt
- Industrials: Struggling SNCM France-Corsica ferry operator to order four ships
- M&A: RPT-Be inspired by risk, HSBC's Blyth tells female financiers
- Bankruptcy: Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce to buy Daimler stake of power systems unit with cash, borrowing
- Private Capital: peHUB-JP Morgan Chase's sale of private equity arm stalls
- Hedge Funds: Computer-driven trade to grab market share in 2014
- Regulatory: Malaysia checking four names on missing flight-minister
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
- JP Morgan Chase's sale of private equity arm stalls - Reuters
- Medical device maker Biomet files for IPO of up to $100 million - Reuters
- Top Official Can't Rule on Cable Merger - New York Times
- Coupons.com jumps almost 100% in IPO debut - USA TODAY
- Grocery Chains Safeway And Albertson's Announce Merger Deal - NPR (blog)
- Box Said to Project $200 Million in Revenue as IPO Nears - Bloomberg
- Should I File Bankruptcy for $12K Debt? - Fox Business
- GrubHub Files for an IPO - New York Times
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- EU's Ashton visits Iran for first time; nuclear issue on agenda
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Pope names top economists, finance experts to Vatican body
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- British budget forecasts blurred by tax clampdown benefits
- JP Morgan Chase's sale of private equity arm stalls
- Iran, world powers hold 'substantive and useful' nuclear talks
- Fall in mining stocks pushes FTSE to three-week low