MILAN - Italy's biggest bank by assets, UniCredit , is close to signing a deal with Spain's Santander to combine their asset management businesses, UniCredit CEO Federico Ghizzoni said on Saturday.
- Financial technology company SunGard Data Systems Inc is preparing to appoint financial advisers to explore a sale that could value it at as much as $10 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
FRANKFURT - Germany's Merck aims to quickly repay the up to $5 billion in bank loans it needed to fund the $17 billion acquisition of U.S. lab supplies company Sigma-Aldrich , its finance chief told daily Boersen-Zeitung.
FRANKFURT - Deutsche Bank will sell Postbank but keep a pared back own-brand retail business in the overhaul plan currently favored by management, sources familiar with the internal discussions at Germany's biggest lender said.
TOKYO - Japan's biggest airline, ANA Holdings Inc , will buy a stake of less than 20 percent in Skymark Airlines Inc as part of a rescue plan for the bankrupt domestic budget carrier, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- Staff attorneys at the Justice Department's antitrust division are nearing a recommendation to block the proposed $45 billion merger of Comcast Corp and Time Warner Cable Inc, Bloomberg reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- U.S. arms maker Raytheon Co has agreed to buy Websense Inc from private equity firm Vista Equity Partners LLC, in a deal that values the network security company at $1.9 billion, including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
BEIJING - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd deepened its push into the automotive business on Friday, saying it had struck a partnership with Shanghai General Motors (GM) to offer online sales and financing for GM cars.
HONG KONG - Coca-Cola Co has agreed to buy the beverage business of China Culiangwang Beverages Holdings Ltd for $400.5 million including debt, to get a foothold in the fast growing multi-grain drinks category.
PARIS - Lafarge and Holcim gave details on Friday of asset disposals in the United States that they propose as part of their planned merger, due to close in July.
- Finance: Milestones in the reshaping of Deutsche Bank
- Technology: Chinese e-commerce company Baozun files for U.S. IPO
- Healthcare: Patterson seeks sale of rehabilitation supply unit: sources
- Consumer: PartnerRe investor says Exor offer 'superior' to Axis deal
- Energy: Seadrill unit's deal with Russia's Rosneft postponed again
- Industrials: Exclusive: U.S. defense IT contractor Vencore explores sale - sources
- M&A: UK Conservatives plan to sell Lloyds shares to small investors - Sunday Telegraph
- Bankruptcy: Japan's ANA Holdings to buy stake in Skymark Airlines
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-UK Conservatives aim to sell Lloyds shares to small investors
- Private Capital: Japan's ANA Holdings to buy stake in Skymark Airlines
- Hedge Funds: Seeking an edge, short-sellers turn to behavioural analysis
- Regulatory: UK Conservatives plan to sell Lloyds shares to small investors - Sunday Telegraph
Free Deals Newsletter
- This Could Cripple The Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger - Huffington Post
- Election 2015: Tories pledge 'Tell Sid' sale of Lloyds Bank shares - Telegraph.co.uk
- Obama Tries Tough Sale of TPP Trade Deal to Fellow Democrats - Wall Street Journal
- Detroit Tigers Gameday: Anibal Sanchez goes up against Chris Sale in potential ... - MLive.com
- Exclusive: SunGard to explore possible $10 billion sale - sources - Reuters
- In Dewey, yard sale stresses resort town's family side - The News Journal
- Simply Fashion Files for Bankruptcy to Liquidate Chain - Wall Street Journal
- PSN Flash Sale Has Lord of the Fallen for $24, Rayman Origins for $4, and More - GameSpot