NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO Verizon Communications Inc said on Monday it would buy Yahoo Inc's core internet properties for $4.83 billion in cash, marking the end of the line for a storied Web pioneer and setting the stage for a big new internet push by the telecom giant. | Video
LONDON/PRAGUE U.S. and European buyout funds are gearing up for SABMiller's sale of its central and eastern European beer brands, with some seeking to join forces to snap up assets worth up to 7 billion euros ($7.7 billion), sources familiar with the matter said.
FRANKFURT Chemicals groups Umicore and Sinochem are among the groups interested in German surface finishing and metal plating company Atotech, put on the block by France's oil giant Total , people close to the matter said.
VIENNA Austria's Raiffeisen Zentralbank [RZB.UL] plans to sell most of its shares in insurer Uniqa , it said on Monday, moving toward bolstering its capital reserves while it considers merging with a listed unit for the same reason.
Jim Ratigan, who left his post at Deutsche Bank AG as head of Americas mergers and acquisitions earlier this month, has agreed to join U.S. healthcare investment banking boutique Leerink Partners LLC, a Leerink spokesman said on Monday.
LJUBLJANA Slovenian home appliances maker Gorenje said on Monday it had signed a deal with Japanese consumer electronics firm Panasonic Corporation that could lead to Panasonic taking it over.
SAO PAULO Aurelius Capital Management LP has contacted bondholders in Oi SA's Netherlands-based units to challenge the basis of a prior restructuring accord that substantially lowered the recovery value of their bonds, seeking to gain clout in Brazil's biggest-ever bankruptcy reorganization.
Outerwall Inc , the owner of Redbox video rental kiosks, said it had agreed to be taken private by affiliates of private equity firm Apollo Global Management LLC in a deal valued at about $1.6 billion.
SunEdison Inc's unit TerraForm Power Inc said it had adopted a shareholders rights plan to prevent any sale of a significant number of Class A shares in the company.
MANILA Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp is looking to raise up to 29.7 billion pesos ($629 million) in what could be the Philippines' third and largest initial public offering (IPO) this year.
- Finance: EverBank working with UBS to explore sale: Bloomberg
- Technology: William Hill gives frosty response to Rank and 888 approach
- Healthcare: U.S. government's bid to block insurance mergers could spawn new ones
- Consumer: LVMH sells loss-making Donna Karan to G-III in $650 million deal
- Energy: Vedanta sweetens Cairn India deal terms after takeover delayed
- Industrials: E*Trade to buy online brokerage OptionsHouse for $725 million
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - July 26
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-UK lawmakers blame Philip Green for BHS collapse
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Japan's SMBC Aviation Capital raises $500 mln in debut bond
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Trian Fund Management's Edward Garden buys shares of Bank Of New York Mellon
- Hedge Funds: Pimco turns to Man Group's Roman to lead revival
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-China internet regulator fines websites over reporting -media
- Acushnet IPO form shows annual net sales of $1.5 billion - GolfDigest.com
- Reckoning Near for Merger of Energy Transfer and Williams - New York Times
- DealBook|Elliott and Private Equity Firm to Buy Dell's Software Unit - New York Times
- Mahanagar IPO opens tomorrow; 4 brokerages say it's a good 'buy' - Economic Times
- Brookfield Private Equity Arm Falls in Regular Trading Debut - Bloomberg
- Icahn raises offer for remaining stake in Federal-Mogul - Automotive News
- Cemex Philippines Said Poised to Seek Up to $526 Million in IPO - Bloomberg
- Timing is money: Dynegy buyout of ECP plant stake generates benefits for both - Utility Dive