- Telus Corp , one of Canada's dominant telecom providers, has won another chance to overcome objections by the government to its takeover of struggling wireless startup Mobilicity.
MILAN - Fashion house Giorgio Armani paid 270 million euros ($374 million) to Italian tax authorities last week to settle a dispute over payments from the group's subsidiaries abroad, Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore reported on Friday.
FRANKFURT - German liquid crystal maker Merck KGaA extended the offer period for its planned takeover of AZ Electronic Materials for a sixth time on Friday as it continues to seek Chinese antitrust approval.
NEW YORK - High-speed trading firm Virtu Financial Inc, which has been pursuing an initial public offering, has received a letter of inquiry from the New York attorney general amid a wider probe of the industry, a person familiar with the matter said on Friday.
LONDON - Italian designer Roberto Cavalli is in advanced talks to sell a majority stake in his eponymous fashion house to London-based buyout firm Permira in a sale worth about 450 million euros ($621 million), four sources close to the deal told Reuters.
WASHINGTON - A possible merger between Sprint Corp and T-Mobile US Inc could prompt U.S. regulators to rewrite rules they are now weighing for a 2015 auction of airwaves, according to sources familiar with the proposed regulations.
- China's Weibo Corp, a Twitter-like messaging service company, raised a less-than-expected $286 million after it cut the size of its U.S. initial public offering amid a selloff in technology shares and concerns about slowing user growth.
- Cereal maker Post Holdings Inc said it will buy egg and dairy producer and distributor Michael Foods Inc for $2.45 billion in its largest-ever deal.
WASHINGTON - Jostens, a leader in the school ring and academic memento market, on Thursday said it had dropped plans to acquire competitor American Achievement Corp - a deal the Federal Trade Commission had said it would fight.
MILAN - Banco Popolare said on Thursday it had successfully closed its capital increase for 1.5 billion euros ($2.1 billion), the first Italian lender to tap the market for funds ahead of Europe-wide health check of the sector.
- Finance: Virtu IPO timing not set in stone: source
- Technology: Sabre IPO downsized as shares priced below forecast
- Healthcare: Exclusive: Surgical device maker ConMed Corp explores sale of company - sources
- Consumer: Travelocity owner Sabre's IPO prices at $16 per share: underwriter
- Energy: Three European firms win Angola deepwater deals worth $7.5 billion
- Industrials: Etihad toughens stance on Alitalia deal but talks continue: sources
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Merck extends AZ offer again over Chinese antitrust issues
- Bankruptcy: REFILE-UPDATE 1-Mt. Gox suitors seek support to save bitcoin exchange
- IPOs: Shipping firms turn to equity markets as sector eyes recovery
- Private Capital: REFILE-Mt. Gox suitors seek creditor support to save bitcoin exchange
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Regulatory: Amazon's tax-free European profits drop after IRS clamp-down
Free Deals Newsletter
- IPO market is casualty of stock market pullback - USA TODAY
- Sabre, Weibo Jump Through Closing IPO Window - Forbes
- Weibo IPO leads Chinese stock invasion - CNNMoney
- Jon Lester, Chris Sale take no-hitters into sixth inning in Red Sox beat White Sox - SI.com
- Battlefield 4 PC on sale for $25, Titanfall $48 on Origin - GameSpot
- Virtu Financial Said to Shelve IPO Plans - New York Times
- Yahoo Shares A Good Buy As Alibaba Nears IPO: Analysts - Fox Business
- Judge Wants Detroit Mayor to Back Bankruptcy Plan - ABC News
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- Insight - Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- Labour Party hires Obama strategist for 2015 poll
- Poles most worried about their independence in at least 23 years - poll
- Mega salaries are evil, papal preacher tells Good Friday service
- Amazon's tax-free European profits drop after IRS clamp-down
- Italy government prepares to approve tax cuts
- Shell committed to Russia expansion despite sanctions