- Canada's Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc said on Tuesday it and activist investor Bill Ackman made an unsolicited $47 billion bid to buy Botox maker Allergan Inc as it seeks to become one of the world's five biggest drug companies. | Video
SYDNEY - Australia's Australand Property Group said on Wednesday it had rejected as undervalued a A$1.95 billion ($1.83 billion) proposal from bigger rival Stockland Group to increase its stake, thwarting Stockland's move to expand its residential business.
JOHANNESBURG - South Africa's biggest insurer, Sanlam , said on Wednesday it would buy a majority stake in Malaysia's MCIS Zurich Insurance Berhad for about $119 million, further expanding its presence in the southeast Asian nation.
PARIS/SAO PAULO - Azul Linhas Aereas, Brazil's third-biggest airline, is set to announce a fleet expansion on Wednesday including an order for its first wide-body aircraft from European planemaker Airbus , according to two people with knowledge of the deal.
- Comcast may divest about 4 million subscribers after its merger with Time Warner Cable and is working to reach an accord to sell a portion of those customers to Charter Communications, a source familiar with the matter said Tuesday.
NEW YORK/TORONTO - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), the fifth largest bank in Canada, and two private equity consortia are exploring offers for global asset manager Russell Investments, according to several people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON - The United States said on Tuesday it will deliver 10 Apache attack helicopters to Egypt, relaxing a partial suspension of aid imposed after Egypt's military ousted President Mohamed Mursi last year and cracked down violently on protesters.
SYDNEY/WASHINGTON - Australia will order 58 more F-35 fighter jets built by Lockheed Martin Corp for A$12.4 billion ($11.61 billion), Prime Minister Tony Abbott said on Wednesday, a purchase that will raise its air combat power to among the world's most advanced.
- Puerto Rico's largest bank Popular Inc is in advanced talks to sell some of its mainland branches in the United States to multiple buyers, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON - Lockheed Martin Corp warned on Tuesday that the U.S. Navy's plan to cancel an order for 29 MH-60 helicopters built by Lockheed and Sikorsky Aircraft would result in large termination fees because they are part of five-year agreements signed in 2012.
- Finance: Darden investor wins backing for vote on Red Lobster divestiture
- Technology: IBM, Atos, HP looking at Lufthansa IT infrastructure unit: source
- Healthcare: LG Household & Healthcare considering bid for Elizabeth Arden
- Consumer: EU approves $13.6 billion Suntory, Beam deal
- Energy: Baker Hughes, Aker Solutions form subsea alliance
- Industrials: Lufthansa plans no buyback despite rise in foreign shareholdings
- M&A: Deutsche Boerse's Clearstream buys hedge fund custody business
- Bankruptcy: PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - April 23
- IPOs: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-UK's Card Factory plans estimated 1 billion pounds London listing
- Private Capital: MOVES- Cantor Fitzgerald, Bank of America, AMP Capital
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Regulatory: Norfolk Southern profit falls 18 percent on lower coal shipments
Free Deals Newsletter
- Regan: Why Alibaba IPO is such a big deal - USA TODAY
- Pork Giant WH Group Slashes IPO, Delays Pricing -Sources - Fox Business
- Why Netflix Stands Alone Against The Comcast-Time Warner Merger - Forbes
- Ares' IPO likely to raise up to $419 million - Reuters
- An IPO in NFL star Vernon Davis? You have 'til Friday - USA TODAY
- Detroit bankruptcy judge taps consultants for city's plan - Reuters
- Private Equity Shifts Gears In Emerging Markets - Forbes
- 'Meet the Parents' Star Meets the Bankruptcy - TMZ.com
- UK economy picking up speed - Bank of England
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Euro zone private sector on strong footing but still slashing prices - PMIs
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins
- Netanyahu tells Abbas to choose peace partner: Hamas or Israel
- Budget deficit narrowest since crisis, government just hits target
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Thai court gives PM time to defend herself; economy rudderless
- Paying for giant Nile dam itself, Ethiopia thwarts Egypt but takes risks