FRANKFURT Volkswagen has received expressions of interest for a unit making engines used in ships or small power stations, as rivals sense an opportunity to get their hands on the asset as a result of the car maker's emissions scandal, several sources familiar with the matter said.
Canadian utility Fortis Inc said it would buy U.S. power transmission company ITC Holdings Corp for $6.9 billion – its biggest deal ever – to boost its exposure to regulated power markets, which have stable power prices.
NEW YORK Shareholders of the former GFI Group Inc may pursue a lawsuit accusing two top executives of fraudulently causing them to sell their stock prematurely as part of a plan to take the firm's main brokerage unit private, a federal judge ruled on Tuesday.
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd said on Tuesday it planned to seek support from Norfolk Southern Corp's shareholders to push the U.S. railroad's board to engage in takeover talks.
Oil and gas producer Warren Resources Inc warned it would have to seek bankruptcy protection if talks to reach a debt restructuring agreement fails.
Oil and gas producer WPX Energy Inc said on Tuesday it has agreed to sell natural gas assets in Colorado's Piceance Basin for $910 million to a private firm, in a deal viewed by investors as a bright spot in the sluggish market for oil and gas properties.
Verizon Communications Inc has given Tim Armstrong, chief executive officer of its AOL unit, a leading role in exploring a possible bid for Yahoo Inc's assets, Bloomberg reported, citing a person with knowledge of the situation.
Pfizer Inc , which agreed to buy Allergan Plc for $160 billion last year, unveiled its management line up for the combined company, once the deal closes in the second half of 2016.
Airport restaurant operator OTG EXP Inc said on Tuesday it has delayed its IPO due to unfavorable market conditions.
Farming equipment manufacturer AGCO Corp. does not have immediate plans to purchase a stake in 365FarmNet, a farm management company and software platform that is a subsidiary of Germany-based Claas KGaA mbH , AGCO's chief executive said on Tuesday.
- Finance: GE still talking to bidders over sale of Polish unit Bank BPH
- Technology: Viacom extends ad deal with Snapchat
- Healthcare: UniCredit's Pekao may buy part of Polish rival BPH: media
- Consumer: Cigar maker STG narrows range of its IPO: source
- Energy: Chesapeake moves to quash bankruptcy fears as shares plunge
- Industrials: U.S. commodity trader Gerald sells stake to Chinese firm
- M&A: CORRECTED-As Big Oil shrinks, boards plot different paths out of crisis
- Bankruptcy: AT1 market hits rock bottom, puts sector in jeopardy
- IPOs: AT1 market hits rock bottom, puts sector in jeopardy
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Banco Popolare CEO sees 600-650 mln euro bad loan sale in H1
- Hedge Funds: Ex-CQs, ex-Bluegold Capital managers to launch hedge fund - source
- Regulatory: GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia dips amid smouldering banking sector concerns, yen stands tall
- US Foods Files for an IPO - Fortune
- Noranda Aluminum Files for Bankruptcy - ABC News
- Little Hope For IPO Recovery In First Quarter - Forbes
- Chinese Companies, Eager To Buy Abroad, Sharpen Their M&A Skills - Forbes
- Bankruptcy is wrong for Puerto Rico - The Hill (blog)
- Elizabeth Warren's critique of Hillary Clinton's 2001 bankruptcy vote - Washington Post
- Bankruptcy petition preparer in Norfolk charged with six counts of fraud - Virginian-Pilot
- Sports Authority faces possible bankruptcy - WMUR Manchester