- Canada's Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc will buy smaller U.S. rival Pantry Inc for about $861 million, a deal that positions it as one of the top convenience store operators in North America.
LONDON/HELSINKI - Two of Europe's top three remaining telecommunications equipment companies, Nokia Networks and Alcatel-Lucent , have revived talks on a possible merger, Germany's Manager Magazin reported on Thursday, citing company sources.
- Hedge fund Paulson & Co has taken a stake in specialty pharmaceuticals company Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd as the company recovers from inventory issues and the departure of its chief financial officer, according to people familiar with the matter.
PARIS/SAO PAULO - Carrefour has sold a 10 percent stake in its Brazilian business to billionaire Abilio Diniz, a step towards a possible separate listing as the world's No.2 retailer looks to raise cash to accelerate growth in its second-largest market.
- Private equity firm Fortress Investment Group LLC is exploring a sale of TRAC Intermodal LLC, a logistics equipment leasing company that could be valued at more than $1.7 billion, including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
LONDON/DUBLIN - Aer Lingus has rejected a takeover approach from the owner of British Airways , which is keen to gain control of the Irish airline's slots at London's Heathrow Airport.
WINNIPEG, Manitoba/MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV , the world's No. 1 breadmaker, has agreed to buy the bakery division of Saputo Inc in its second Canadian purchase this year.
PARIS - BNP Paribas' personal finance arm has agreed to buy the consumer loans business of South Africa-based JD Group for an undisclosed sum, the French bank said on Thursday.
MILAN - Italian gaming company GTECH said on Thursday it was offering to buy back a 750 million euro ($924 million) bond due in 2066 as it gears up for merging with U.S. slot-machine maker International Game Technology .
MEXICO CITY - Grupo Financiero Inbursa , the bank unit owned by billionaire Carlos Slim, on Thursday said it agreed to buy the bank division of Wal-Mart de Mexico .
- Finance: Deutsche Bank to review strategy and may sell Postbank network
- Technology: Telecoms tycoon Niel to buy Orange Switzerland for $2.9 billion
- Healthcare: Shire considering bid for NPS Pharmaceuticals: Bloomberg
- Consumer: ZF Friedrichshafen says would look at small deals as integrates TRW
- Energy: Shell sells parts of Norwegian downstream business to Finland's ST1
- Industrials: British Airways-owner IAG says Aer Lingus rejects approach
- M&A: Bolivia agrees to pay Pan American $357 mln for asset seize in 2009
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Icahn offers $20 mln to keep Atlantic City Trump casino open
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Royal Mail sale could have raised extra $280 mln - official report
- Private Capital: Fortress looks to sell TRAC Intermodal - sources
- Hedge Funds: Man Group steps up U.S. presence with Silvermine deal
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-Nike flags slowing growth in western Europe, emerging markets
Free Deals Newsletter
- When Fidel Castro sent FDR fan mail - CNN
- Evidence in Sony hack attack suggests possible involvement by Iran, China or ... - Fox News
- Global Stocks Rally on Fed as Treasuries Slide With Oil - Businessweek
- Judge: 'Slender Man' Stabbing Defendants Competent - Wall Street Journal
- Jeb Bush's banking career ripe for attack - CNN
- Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in court - New York Daily News
- Top Islamic militants killed; more US troops going to Iraq - WXIX
- Boko Haram Suspected in Mass Kidnap in Northeast Nigeria - TIME