- Drugmaker AbbVie Inc said it will buy Pharmacyclics Inc , the maker of blockbuster cancer drug Imbruvica, for about $21 billion to broaden its oncology drugs pipeline.
ISTANBUL - Citigroup has sold its nearly 10 percent stake in Turkey's Akbank for $1.2 billion, the U.S. lender said on Thursday, its latest disposal of overseas assets to cut costs and boost profits.
SEATTLE - International Business Machines Corp said on Wednesday it had acquired AlchemyAPI, a fast-growing startup selling software that collects and analyzes unstructured text and data in ways big enterprises, website publishers and advertisers find useful.
- U.S. solar project developer SunEdison Inc is expanding into the fast-growing market for grid energy storage with the acquisition of a startup that pairs big batteries with solar installations.
HONG KONG - Private equity firm CVC Capital Partners [CVC.UL], a unit of Carlyle Group LP and Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC [GIC.UL] raised a combined $710 million after Hong Kong's second-largest broadband Internet provider, HKBN Ltd , priced its IPO at the top of expectations, people familiar with the deal said on Thursday.
BRUSSELS - German car parts maker ZF Friedrichshafen [ZFF.UL] is set to win conditional European Union antitrust approval for its proposed $13.5 billion takeover of U.S. peer TRW Automotive Holdings Corp, two people with knowledge of the matter said on Wednesday.
- Avago Technologies Ltd held advanced talks last month to acquire Freescale Semiconductor Ltd, and is still looking for an acquisition that could be transformative, according to four people familiar with the situation.
- Etsy Inc, which operates a website that sells handmade goods and craft supplies, filed with U.S. regulators on Wednesday for an initial public offering of common stock.
- Simon Property Group Inc , owner of malls and outlet centers, made its latest approach to buy rival Macerich Co in the past few weeks, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
BERLIN - Qatar Airways would like to raise its stake in the owner of British Airways and Iberia at some point and may invest in other well-run airlines, its chief executive said on Wednesday.
- Finance: Britain agrees to sale of Eurostar stake to British, Canadian funds
- Technology: New Zealand's Xero pushes back U.S. listing plan to 2016
- Healthcare: Bavarian Nordic shares leap on $1 billion Bristol-Myers deal
- Consumer: Fiat Chrysler could sell more than 10 percent of Ferrari in IPO: CEO
- Energy: Petrobras to sell $13.7 billion in assets in 2015 and 2016
- Industrials: Three bidding groups vie for Morgan Stanley gas network: sources
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - March 5
- Bankruptcy: Judge tells Atlantic City's Revel Casino to seek higher bid
- IPOs: London Stock Exchange full-year profit driven by most IPOs since 2007
- Private Capital: CVC places 18 mln shares in Evonik at about 29 eur apiece-Evonik
- Hedge Funds: Activist hedge funds' assets swell six-fold in ten years
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-Citigroup sells stake in Turkey's Akbank for $1.2 bln
Free Deals Newsletter
- Embattled Hillary Clinton urges State Department to release emails - Reuters
- Suspect yells anti-US slogans after slashing American ambassador in Seoul - CNN
- Ferguson Police Department May Fold Due To DOJ Probe - Huffington Post
- Dispatches From An Obamacare Slugfest - Huffington Post
- China Lowers Growth Target to About 7% as Li Flags Headwinds - Bloomberg
- AbbVie Makes Cancer Therapy Push With a $21 Billion Deal - Bloomberg
- Boston Marathon trial: Tsarnaev faces execution - BBC News
- Despite Netanyahu claim, cheap oil not seen swaying Iran behavior - Jerusalem Post Israel News