- Comcast Corp is in talks with Charter Communications over selling or spinning off roughly 3 million subscribers worth approximately $18 billion to $20 billion as part of the divestitures related to its $45.3 billion takeover of Time Warner Cable , according to a source familiar with the matter.
- Telus Corp , one of Canada's dominant telecom providers, has reached a new agreement to acquire struggling wireless startup Mobilicity, in a renewed bid to overcome government objections on competition grounds.
BEIJING - China's securities regulator on Saturday released draft prospectuses for a small group of companies planning to list, in a move that may soothe investor concerns that the country had put in place a de facto freeze on IPOs.
- Merger talks between Barrick Gold Corp and Newmont Mining Corp , the world's top two gold producers, broke down in the past few days, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing unnamed sources.
MILAN - Fashion house Giorgio Armani paid 270 million euros ($374 million) to Italian tax authorities last week to settle a dispute over payments from the group's subsidiaries abroad, Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore reported on Friday.
- A group led by private equity firm TPG Capital Management LP has agreed to invest $450 million in Airbnb Inc, valuing the online home-rental marketplace at $10 billion, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
FRANKFURT - German liquid crystal maker Merck KGaA extended the offer period for its planned takeover of AZ Electronic Materials for a sixth time on Friday as it continues to seek Chinese antitrust approval.
PARIS - A takeover saga shaking up France's IT services sector took a new turn on Friday when Atos said its bid for rival Steria , made before the latter agreed to an all-share offer from Sopra , was in cash - and was still on the table.
NEW YORK - High-speed trading firm Virtu Financial Inc, which has been pursuing an initial public offering, has received a letter of inquiry from the New York attorney general amid a wider probe of the industry, a person familiar with the matter said on Friday.
LONDON - Italian designer Roberto Cavalli is in advanced talks to sell a majority stake in his eponymous fashion house to London-based buyout firm Permira in a sale worth about 450 million euros ($621 million), four sources close to the deal told Reuters.
- Finance: Virtu IPO timing not set in stone: source
- Technology: Potential Sprint/T-Mobile deal may prompt U.S. auction rethink
- Healthcare: Exclusive: Surgical device maker ConMed Corp explores sale of company - sources
- Consumer: Facing FTC action, U.S. ringmakers call off deal
- Energy: Three European firms win Angola deepwater deals worth $7.5 billion
- Industrials: Etihad toughens stance on Alitalia deal but talks continue: sources
- M&A: Vivendi's SFR to partner with Vodafone - CEO
- Bankruptcy: Seeking expert help, Detroit bankruptcy judge interviews applicants
- IPOs: Shipping firms turn to equity markets as sector eyes recovery
- Private Capital: SEC weighs requiring brokers to identify where trades made -Bloomberg
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Regulatory: BMW in final stages of decision on potential new factory
Free Deals Newsletter
- IPO market is casualty of stock market pullback - USA TODAY
- PlayStation Store flash sale discounts Braid, Tokyo Jungle and more to just $0.99 - Polygon
- Battlefield 4 PC on sale for $25, Titanfall $48 on Origin - GameSpot
- Sabre, Weibo Jump Through Closing IPO Window - Forbes
- Leonard Rosen, bankruptcy lawyer, dies at 83 - Newsday
- 7 Ways the Feds Can Make a Comcast-Time Warner Merger Less Terrible - Wired
- GameStop Easter sale offers buy two, get one free deal on used games - GameSpot
- Federal report calls to stop sale of Berkeley post office - Berkeleyside
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Four ex-hostage journalists back in France after Syria ordeal
- Air strike kills 10 al Qaeda militants, three civilians in Yemen - Saba
- Two killed by bomb inside Bahrain car - ministry
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Northern Ireland police arrest man in Belfast shooting