- U.S. cable T.V. operator Cablevision Systems Corp is planning to make an offer for the New York Daily News as early as this week, valuing the troubled tabloid at just $1, according to a person familiar with the matter. | Video
- Web hosting company GoDaddy Inc has priced its initial public offering at $20 per share, above its previously indicated $17 to $19 per share range, valuing it at around $4.5 billion, including debt, according to underwriting sources.
- John Malone-backed Charter Communications Inc said it would buy Bright House Networks in a $10.4 billion deal as it expands its cable network after losing out to Comcast Corp in a fight for Time Warner Cable Inc. | Video
- Comcast Corp Chief Financial Officer Michael Angelakis will leave his position to head a new investment arm with up to $4.1 billion to invest in growth-oriented companies, Comcast said on Tuesday.
- Etsy Inc, which operates a website that sells handmade goods and craft supplies, said its initial public offering was expected to be priced at $14-$16 per share.
MILAN - Italy's Enel Green Power has agreed to sell a 49 percent stake in a newly created company holding its North American renewable energy assets to GE Energy Financial Services for around $440 million in a bid to fund growth.
MUMBAI - Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd , India's second-largest drugmaker by sales, said it will buy some established brands of Belgian drugmaker UCB SA in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Maldives for 8 billion rupees ($128.38 million).
TURIN - Exor , the Italian investment holding company controlled by the Agnelli family, is considering a possible sale of Cushman & Wakefield, the world's third-largest real estate company, and could have a clearer picture in the next month or so, Exor's chairman, John Elkann, said on Tuesday.
TOKYO - Citigroup Inc has agreed to sell its credit card unit in Japan to Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, the companies said on Tuesday, as the U.S. bank slims down globally to bolster its profitability.
- Property and casualty insurer Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd will buy reinsurer Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd for about $1.83 billion to expand into the Lloyd's of London underwriting business.
- Finance: Credit bureau TransUnion files for IPO
- Technology: Elliott Management ups Axis stake, complicating Canon bid
- Healthcare: Philips sells 80 percent of lighting components unit for $2.8 billion
- Consumer: CBRE to buy Johnson Controls' workplace solutions for $1.48 billion
- Energy: Qatari investors to pay $5 billion for 49 percent Shandong Dongming Petchem stake
- Industrials: Singapore Airlines says not in talks to buy stake in HK Airlines
- M&A: BRIEF-Glanbia sells stake in Nutricima for 21 mln stg
- Bankruptcy: PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - April 1
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Shares in British bank Shawbrook rise on stock market debut
- Private Capital: RPT-Smaller equity markets players make presence felt in land of the giants
- Hedge Funds: Pension funds move hedging products mainstream as markets overheat
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Gr Sarantis buys AVA rights in Greece for 3.49 mln euros
Free Deals Newsletter
- Walmart joins opponents of Ark. religion bill - USA TODAY
- Crash co-pilot told airline of his severe depression in '09 - Dallas Morning News
- Nigeria's Buhari praises Jonathan for peaceful handover - Daily Mail
- Coroner: Death of Andrew Getty appears natural or accident - seattlepi.com
- Joni Mitchell Rushed to Los Angeles-Area Hospital, in Intensive Care - ABC News
- Turkish prosecutor killed by extremists despite rescue efforts - cleveland.com
- The world's oldest person dies at 117 - USA TODAY
- US Resumes Weapons Flow to Egypt - TIME