NEW YORK T-Mobile US Inc is the likeliest acquisition target as media companies seek a wireless partner following AT&T Inc's proposed $85.4 billion takeover of Time Warner Inc, analysts said.
It has been six years since Goldman Sachs Group Inc, a perennial No. 1 in the M&A league tables, did not feature as an adviser on the year's biggest deal. But sticking with Rupert Murdoch over Bugs Bunny just cost it this year's biggest deal. | Video
LONDON Clydesdale Bank Plc has made an offer to take over Royal Bank of Scotland's Williams & Glyn business, a person with knowledge of the talks said on Tuesday, after Spain's Banco Santander SA called off discussions with the British lender last month.The move by Glasgow-based Clydesdale could end a costly seven-year process by RBS to offload Williams & Glyn, after it was ordered to by the European Union to sell it as a condition of its taxpayer-funded
Coca-Cola Co and brewer Kirin Holdings Co Ltd are near a deal for an operational and capital partnership amid intense price competition in the Japanese soft-drink market, the Nikkei reported.
TORONTO/VANCOUVER China's Zijin Mining Group Co Ltd and Shandong Gold Mining Co Ltd have held separate talks with Barrick Gold Corp to buy a 50 percent stake in its Veladero gold mine in Argentina, according to four sources with knowledge of the process.
FRANKFURT European private equity group Permira [PERM.UL] has acquired German fashion retailer and exporter Schustermann & Borenstein, the companies said on Tuesday without disclosing financial details.
BEIJING/ZURICH State-owned Chinese chemicals group ChemChina is ready to offer more concessions to win European Union antitrust approval for its $43 billion bid for Swiss pesticide and seed group Syngenta, a source with direct knowledge of the process said.
SAO PAULO/FRANKFURT Ternium SA has resumed negotiations to buy ThyssenKrupp AG's money-losing Brazilian steel mill CSA Cia Siderúrgica do Atlántico SA, months after talks broke down because of legal and environmental concerns, three people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
PARIS The sale of aerospace firm Thales's rail signaling business to transport company Alstom is no longer on the agenda, a government source told Reuters on Tuesday.
FRANKFURT The Chinese company bidding for chip equipment maker Aixtron may push ahead with its takeover plans even after Germany has withdrawn its approval because of security issues.
- Finance: China's HNA Group buys $6.5 billion stake in Hilton, extends hotels push
- Technology: AT&T, Time Warner shares dip with worries about deal clearance
- Healthcare: EQT completes acquisition of Press Ganey
- Consumer: KG Group drops bid for McDonald's South Korea business
- Energy: Total, Glencore and Gunvor bidding for Chevron's South African assets
- Industrials: Exclusive - ChemChina ready to offer EU extra remedies to clear $43 billion Syngenta deal: source
- M&A: WRAPUP 2-ChemChina ready for concessions to clinch delayed Syngenta deal in 2017-source
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Basic Energy Services initiates chapter 11 proceedings pursuant to restructuring support agreement
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-ConvaTec's London listing expected to price at bottom of range -sources
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Buyout firm KKR's third-quarter earnings beat forecasts
- Hedge Funds: Rise in assets, acquisition and buyback boost Man shares
- Regulatory: U.S. FDA adds abuse warning to prescription testosterone
- Acushnet IPO form shows annual net sales of $1.5 billion - GolfDigest.com
- Reckoning Near for Merger of Energy Transfer and Williams - New York Times
- DealBook|Elliott and Private Equity Firm to Buy Dell's Software Unit - New York Times
- Mahanagar IPO opens tomorrow; 4 brokerages say it's a good 'buy' - Economic Times
- Brookfield Private Equity Arm Falls in Regular Trading Debut - Bloomberg
- Icahn raises offer for remaining stake in Federal-Mogul - Automotive News
- Cemex Philippines Said Poised to Seek Up to $526 Million in IPO - Bloomberg
- Timing is money: Dynegy buyout of ECP plant stake generates benefits for both - Utility Dive