BOSTON - Allergan Inc said on Tuesday it saw no evidence to support claims by hostile suitors Valeant Pharmaceuticals and hedge fund Pershing Square Capital Management that its chief executive officer had spearheaded a campaign to spread misinformation.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Commerce will terminate a 15-year-old deal sheltering Russian flat-rolled steel producers from high import duties, it said in a letter to Russian authorities.
VANCOUVER - A Western Canadian pipeline once seen as the best near-term hope for sending more of the country's controversial tar sands crude to Asia has hit another snag: aboriginal communities intent on using the courts to block the proposed expansion.
- U.S. drugmaker AbbVie Inc said on Monday it has reached agreement with Shire Plc to officially call off its proposed $55 billion purchase of the Irish company, and will pay Shire a $1.64 billion breakup fee for walking away from the deal.
FRANKFURT - Daimler said on Tuesday it will broaden its production footprint for Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans by moving some manufacturing to North America and by investing 450 million euros ($572 million) to modernize its German plants.
FRANKFURT/LONDON - German engineering group Siemens is in advanced talks to sell its hearing-aids business for more than 2 billion euros ($2.5 billion), with private equity firm EQT the frontrunner, two people familiar with the matter said.
FRANKFURT - Smartphone users won't recognize the name B2X, but if your battery dies or your screen breaks, the odds are that the company will be working behind the scenes when you seek a repair.
- Dish Network has stopped carrying Turner Broadcasting's channels, including CNN, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, as the companies failed to renew their distribution deal.
ZURICH - Swiss Re said on Tuesday it was selling its U.S. life insurance arm, Aurora National Life Assurance Company, to Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA) for an undisclosed price.
FRANKFURT/MILAN - German vehicles group Daimler is in advanced talks to take a minority stake in Italian motorcycle manufacturer MV Agusta [IPO-MVAG.MI], a source in Italy familiar with the situation said on Tuesday.
- Finance: Heirs of Samsung's Lee don't plan to sell shares in holding firm IPO: source
- Technology: Sony Pictures TV acquires stakes in Israeli telenovela channels
- Healthcare: AbbVie CEO Gonzalez loses Shire, but wins praise for gutsy move
- Consumer: Accor offers Orbis 46 central Europe hotels for 142 million euros
- Energy: Brazilian OGX, Latin America's biggest bankruptcy, to reorganize by April: CEO
- Industrials: India's Aditya Birla bids for Lafarge-Holcim assets: sources
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Chiquita should weigh alternatives to Fyffes deal -Glass Lewis
- Bankruptcy: Judge wants settlements, loan, fees in Detroit's closing arguments
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Britain closer to sale of RBS shares
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-EQT frontrunner for Siemens hearing-aids business -sources
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund exit requests drop to nine-month low
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-NY regulator says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters to borrowers
Free Deals Newsletter
- Bankruptcy ruling to come first week of November - The Detroit News
- 2 student housing complexes for sale - Crain's Chicago Business
- Canadian Pacific Railway and CSX Call Off Merger Talks - New York Times
- Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions - Reuters
- Detroit bankruptcy scorecard: Day 23 - Detroit Free Press
- Brazil's First IPO for 2014 to Start Trading - New York Times
- Samuel Wyly files for bankruptcy over $300 million forfeiture - Dallas Morning News
- Government moves closer to selling stake in oil firm ONGC - Economic Times