- United Parcel Service Inc said it would buy Coyote Logistics from private equity firm Warburg Pincus for $1.8 billion to expand its full-truckload services, the latest deal in a rapidly consolidating logistics industry.
BRUSSELS - The European Commission said on Friday it had opened an in-depth investigation into Fedex's proposed 4.4 billion euro ($4.9 billion) takeover of Dutch rival TNT Express .
PARIS/MILAN - European missile maker MBDA edged towards its biggest shake-up in over a decade on Friday as Airbus Group signaled interest in expanding its share, while Italy's Finmeccanica said it would be open to selling its stake.
LONDON, - British insurer RSA , the focus of a possible takeover bid by rival Zurich Insurance , is expected to post a pretax profit of 235 million pounds ($367 million) for the first half of 2015, according to a poll of analysts supplied by RSA on Friday.
- HSBC Holdings Plc is nearing a sale of its Brazilian unit to Banco Bradesco SA for close to $4 billion, FT reported, citing people familiar with the talks.
- Plastic packaging products maker Berry Plastics Group Inc said it would buy Avintiv Inc, which makes materials used in products ranging from diapers to disinfectant wipes, for about $2.45 billion in cash from Blackstone Group LP .
MEXICO CITY - Mexican energy infrastructure firm IEnova, a unit of U.S.-based Sempra Energy , said on Friday it will buy out the 50 percent stake in the pipeline company Gasoductos de Chihuahua owned by Mexican state-run oil company Pemex [PEMX.UL].
LONDON - A surge of takeover activity involving healthcare, financial and retail companies lifted the value of deals in July over $430 billion, making it the seventh-busiest mergers and acquisition month on record, Thomson Reuters data showed.
- WPP Plc , the world's largest advertising group by revenue, has teamed up with U.S. buyout firm Providence Equity Partners LLC to buy Chime Communications Plc and make a big push into sports marketing.
- Finance: Indoor cycling fitness chain SoulCycle files for IPO (July 30)
- Technology: Apple, BMW in courtship with an eye on car collaboration
- Healthcare: Abbott strikes deals with heart valve replacement companies
- Consumer: SunOpta to buy private frozen fruit supplier for about $450 million
- Energy: Exclusive: Tesoro held unsuccessful talks to buy HollyFrontier - sources
- Industrials: FedEx, TNT Express say combination on track despite EU probe
- M&A: Lloyds shareholders question government's sale plan
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Oil producer Afren to be put under administration
- IPOs: Lloyds shareholders question government's sale plan
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Private equity pioneer Jerome Kohlberg dies
- Hedge Funds: New BoE policymaker's hedge fund interests to face scrutiny
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-Verizon workers in U.S. East could strike on Sunday, union says
- Jerome Kohlberg Jr., 90, a pioneer of the private equity industry, dies - CNBC
- Bankruptcy Judge Gives Relativity A Small, Brief Lifeline At Initial Hearing - Deadline
- SoulCycle files for IPO, wants to change your life - CNNMoney
- Relativity Media 'Hopelessly Insolvent' as It Heads Into Bankruptcy Hearing - Variety
- Rolls-Royce may face break-up after activist hedge fund reveals stake - The Guardian
- A.& P. Bankruptcy Means New York, Chain's Birthplace, Will Lose Last Store - New York Times
- Syracuse-based Coyne Textile seeks bankruptcy protection - Syracuse.com
- Clayton County hospital files for bankruptcy - WXIA-TV