SEATTLE - International Business Machines Corp said on Wednesday it had acquired AlchemyAPI, a fast-growing startup selling software that collects and analyzes unstructured text and data in ways big enterprises, website publishers and advertisers find useful.
HONG KONG - Private equity firm CVC Capital Partners [CVC.UL], a unit of Carlyle Group LP and Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC [GIC.UL] raised a combined $710 million after Hong Kong's second-largest broadband Internet provider, HKBN Ltd , priced its IPO at the top of expectations, people familiar with the deal said on Thursday.
BRUSSELS - German car parts maker ZF Friedrichshafen [ZFF.UL] is set to win conditional European Union antitrust approval for its proposed $13.5 billion takeover of U.S. peer TRW Automotive Holdings Corp, two people with knowledge of the matter said on Wednesday.
- Avago Technologies Ltd held advanced talks last month to acquire Freescale Semiconductor Ltd, and is still looking for an acquisition that could be transformative, according to four people familiar with the situation.
- Etsy Inc, which operates a website that sells handmade goods and craft supplies, filed with U.S. regulators on Wednesday for an initial public offering of common stock.
- Simon Property Group Inc , owner of malls and outlet centers, made its latest approach to buy rival Macerich Co in the past few weeks, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
BERLIN - Qatar Airways would like to raise its stake in the owner of British Airways and Iberia at some point and may invest in other well-run airlines, its chief executive said on Wednesday.
WELLINGTON - New Zealand online accounting software developer Xero has pushed back plans for a U.S. stock listing to the start of 2016 at the earliest, as fresh capital funding buys transition time for the fast-growing company's new U.S. leadership team.
COPENHAGEN - Bavarian Nordic has struck a prostate cancer drug deal with Bristol-Myers Squibb that could be worth $1 billion should its trials, part of a new field in cancer treatment, be successful.
LONDON - Britain agreed to sell its 40 percent stake in the Eurostar rail link for 585 million pounds ($899.79 million) to a consortium of Canadian public pension fund Caisse de Depot du Placement du Quebec and British asset manager Hermes.
- Finance: Springleaf to buy Citi's OneMain to become top U.S. subprime lender
- Technology: Japan's NTT Communications buys German data center operator e-shelter
- Healthcare: Stryker's $2 billion buyback plan deflates Smith & Nephew bid hopes
- Consumer: Fiat Chrysler could sell more than 10 percent of Ferrari in IPO: CEO
- Energy: Petrobras to sell $13.7 billion in assets in 2015 and 2016
- Industrials: Three bidding groups vie for Morgan Stanley gas network: sources
- M&A: UPDATE 1-HKBN IPO priced at top of range as CVC, GIC, Carlyle raise $710 mln
- Bankruptcy: Judge tells Atlantic City's Revel Casino to seek higher bid
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-HKBN IPO priced at top of range as CVC, GIC, Carlyle raise $710 mln
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-HKBN IPO priced at top of range as CVC, GIC, Carlyle raise $710 mln
- Hedge Funds: Activist hedge funds' assets swell six-fold in ten years
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-HKBN IPO priced at top of range as CVC, GIC, Carlyle raise $710 mln
Free Deals Newsletter
- US ambassador slashed in South Korea - USA TODAY
- The Short List: Obamacare's fate; Tsarnaev on trial for his life; Sunken battleship ... - USA TODAY
- Privacy Trumps Security in Clinton's Choice to Use Personal Email Server ... - ABC News
- Buddy Holly Crash Probe May Be Reopened - Daily Beast
- Justice Department: No Darren Wilson charges - CNN
- GOP-led Senate fails to override Obama's Keystone veto, lawmakers say fight ... - Fox News
- Boston Marathon bombing defense attorney: It was him (+video) - Christian Science Monitor
- Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice - WTMA