LONDON/FRANKFURT - French low-cost telecom operator Iliad has set a mid-October deadline to decide whether to improve its bid for T-Mobile US or walk away as it faces resistance from seller Deutsche Telekom, several people familiar with the situation said.
FRANKFURT - General Electric Co and Germany's Siemens are considering bids for compressor and turbine maker Dresser-Rand that could derail a merger between Dresser-Rand and Swiss pump maker Sulzer , according to media reports.
SAO PAULO - JBS SA, the world's largest meatpacker, has put off a plan to raise 4 billion reais ($1.7 billion) from the initial public offering of its pork, poultry and food-processing operations in Brazil, two sources with direct knowledge of the decision said.
BRASILIA - Spain's Telefonica SA has resolved the antitrust concerns it faced in Brazil by getting rid of its Telecom Italia stake in a deal finalized on Friday to acquire local broadband provider GVT, according to two government sources.
- Online home-furnishings retailer Wayfair Inc's initial public offering is expected to be priced at $25-$28 per share, valuing the company at $2.32 billion at the top end of the range.
NEW YORK - Chevron Corp has hired an investment bank to identify potential buyers of its 54,000 barrel-a-day refinery in Kapolei on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, a company official said.
FRANKFURT - Germany's SAP has agreed to buy U.S. expenses software maker Concur for $7.3 billion in cash, strengthening its position in cloud computing, an area it long hoped to avoid until its momentum became too great to ignore. | Video
MEXICO CITY/PARIS - Mexico has received its first bid from a consortium to build a $10 billion state-owned mobile network, a linchpin of efforts to break the hold of Carlos Slim's America Movil on telecom services.
BERLIN - A European free trade deal with the United States may not be perfect but is the last chance for Europe to remain globally relevant, Germany's economy minister said on Friday.
PARIS/MADRID - French media group Vivendi has finalised an agreement to sell its Brazilian broadband business GVT to Spain's Telefonica for cash and shares worth around 7.2 billion euros ($9.29 billion), the companies announced on Friday.
- Finance: Monitise shares tumble as Visa explores options for stake
- Technology: Netflix says in talks with potential partners in Belgium
- Healthcare: Bayer hits record high on move to list plastics business
- Consumer: Japan's Skylark to offer up to $1.1 billion in shares in Tokyo IPO
- Energy: Arkema offers Total $2.2 billion for Blu-Tack maker Bostik
- Industrials: Chinese auto rental company CAR Inc soars 28 percent in HK debut
- M&A: Phones 4U says Vodafone will take 140 of its stores
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Detroit council approves regional water authority deal
- IPOs: UPDATE 4-SAP buys expenses software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
- Private Capital: IPO values online furnishings retailer Wayfair at up to $2.32 bln
- Hedge Funds: Ex-Marble Bar manager readies Mako backed European hedge fund - sources
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-Merrill Lynch fires brokers for promoting outside hedge fund -source
Free Deals Newsletter
- Alibaba IPO: Must-watch moments - USA TODAY
- 9 questions about Detroit's bankruptcy you were too embarrassed to ask - Vox
- Alibaba's IPO debut roars, shares soar 33% - USA TODAY
- Biggest IPO Ever? Alibaba Sells Out - VICE News
- Live Blog: Alibaba's Shares Surge 36% at Opening - New York Times
- Alibaba Prices Shares At $68 In Largest US IPO Ever - Forbes
- Alibaba, With Its IPO, Mints Millionaires and Risk-Takers - New York Times
- Alibaba Live Blog: Tracking The Biggest IPO In History - Forbes