Pfizer Inc has approached U.S. cancer drug maker Medivation Inc to express interest in an acquisition, raising the possibility of a bid rivaling a $9.3 billion offer by Sanofi SA , people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
LOS ANGELES Anti-trust concerns are preventing corporations from pursuing mergers more than other broad regulatory or economic issues, several senior investment bankers said during a panel on Tuesday at the Milken Institute's Global Conference.
LONDON Mining company Glencore is considering selling its Vasilkovskoye gold mine in Kazakhstan, sources close to the deal said on Tuesday, confirming an earlier report in the Financial Times.
LONDON Metals group Liberty House confirmed on Tuesday it had formally submitted a letter of intent to buy the British assets of Tata Steel.
LONDON BlackRock , the world's biggest asset manager, on Tuesday said it had agreed to sell its defined contribution pension platform and administration business to Dutch insurer Aegon for an undisclosed amount.
Contract medical research provider Transnational Holdings Inc will merge with healthcare information company IMS Health Holdings Inc in a deal worth about $9 billion. | Video
SYDNEY A China-led consortium seeking to buy Australia's S. Kidman & Co withdrew its A$371 million ($280 million) bid for the country's largest private land-holding company and is planning to make another, a partner in the purchase attempt said on Tuesday.
- Finance: O1 Group takes majority of seats on CA Immo board despite stake sale
- Technology: Exclusive: Tribune Publishing No. 2 shareholder supports sale
- Healthcare: Pfizer CEO still interested in deals after losing Allergan
- Consumer: Canadian vitamin maker Jamieson up for sale by CCMP: sources
- Energy: Baker Hughes tries to reassure investors as Halliburton deal fails
- Industrials: India's Jindal brothers agree on power plant deal: sources
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Czech miner NWR's main business files for insolvency
- Bankruptcy: Ruling brings Nortel Networks bankruptcy case closer to end
- IPOs: HSBC plans "busy" 3 years of bond sales as TLAC looms
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Dynegy inc - qtrly loss per share $0.13
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund rich list king Alan Howard dethroned
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Capital Senior Living Q1 loss per share $0.21
- Fairway Seeks Quick Exit From Bankruptcy - New York Times
- Quintiles and IMS Health to Combine in 'Merger of Equals' - New York Times
- Philips to Pursue IPO of Lighting Business in Amsterdam - New York Times
- Vermont House asks Congress to let students file for bankruptcy - Fox News
- Sports Authority holds out hope for last-minute sale to stave off liquidation - The Denver Post
- Excalibur management buyout confirms bid plans for Tata Steel - Telegraph.co.uk
- Aeropostale Prepares Bankruptcy Filing - Fox Business
- Europe's Buy-and-Dump IPO Market - Bloomberg