HONG KONG/SHANGHAI - Lender BOC Hong Kong Holdings Ltd is considering a sale of subsidiary Nanyang Commercial Bank (NCB) that could fetch about $6 billion, in a bid to stop cannibalizing the China business of its parent, people familiar with the matter said.
HONG KONG - Sunac China Holdings has agreed to buy a 49.3 percent stake in troubled Chinese property developer Kaisa Group, a report in financial news magazine Caixin said on Friday, citing an unidentified senior company executive.
- Growth-hungry investors snapped up shares offered by Shake Shack Inc , setting the stage for a sizzling debut for the New York-based burger chain when its stock starts trading on Friday.
- Marquette Transportation Company LLC, a U.S. towboat operator, is exploring a sale that could value it at more than $1 billion and has attracted the interest of Dell Inc Chief Executive Officer Michael Dell, according to people familiar with the matter.
MELBOURNE/NEW YORK - Macquarie Group Ltd is in talks to buy Jefferies Group LLC's [JGLL.UL] commodities and financial derivatives brokerage, three sources said, as the Australian bank continues to expand its commodities business while rivals retreat.
- Online music streaming service Spotify is working with Goldman Sachs for a new round of private fundraising which could potentially put off the initial public offering for another year, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Crane maker Manitowoc Co Inc said it would spinoff its high-margin foodservice business into a publicly traded company, sending the company's shares up 8 percent in extended trading.
- The GoGo Squeez fruit puree maker Materne SAS turned down European investment company Eurazeo SA's offer to buy it at 800 million euros ($906 million) last year, Bloomberg reported citing sources familiar with the matter.
DUBLIN - Opposition to a takeover of Aer Lingus by the owner of British Airways is building within Irish government parties, pushing shares in the Irish airline lower for the second successive day.
FRANKFURT - Germany's Mahle has launched a takeover bid for the air conditioning business of U.S. car parts maker Delphi , business daily Handelsblatt said on Thursday without citing sources.
- Finance: Lagardere enters race for Benetton's World Duty Free: sources
- Technology: Italy's Edizione says has had no concrete offer for World Duty Free
- Healthcare: EU clears plans by drugmakers GSK and Novartis to trade assets
- Consumer: Regulators may delay approval for Sysco-U.S. Foods deal: NY Post
- Energy: E.ON seeks one billion euro Terni plant deal in first half: sources
- Industrials: U.S. Air Force awards $383 million launch deal to Boeing, Lockheed venture
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Sunac China to buy 49.3 percent stake in troubled developer Kaisa - Caixin
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Private Capital: Marquette Transportation up for sale for more than $1 bln -sources
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund profits drop 30 percent in 2014, bonus pool shrinks
- Regulatory: TABLE-Makita -2014/15 group forecast(SEC)
Free Deals Newsletter
- McCaskill Issues Statement: 'The Keystone Pipeline – A Commonsense Approach' - CBS Local
- Differing views of ex-NFL player Aaron Hernandez - CNN International
- Gas Blast Wrecks Mexico Children's Hospital, Killing 3 - New York Times
- Islamic State's Egypt wing claims deadliest attacks in months: official Twitter - Reuters
- McCain to protesters: 'Get out of here, you low-life scum' - Dubuque Telegraph Herald
- Marion 'Suge' Knight Involved in Hit-and-Run That Killed Pedestrian - NBCNews.com
- CDC Urges Measles Vaccinations Amid Disneyland Outbreak - Voice of America
- Defending champ Seahawks not taking return trip lightly - Philly.com