AT&T Inc is exploring options for its Digital Life home security business, including selling it, as it seeks to pay down debt following its planned $85.4 billion acquisition of Time Warner Inc , people familiar with the matter said.
HONG KONG/SINGAPORE Yunfeng Financial Group said it would be the main investor in a $1.7 billion acquisition of insurer MassMutual International's Hong Kong unit - a deal that sent shares in the Jack Ma-backed finance firm soaring as much as 30 percent.
Shares of the popular 1990's self-help book publisher, Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment Inc fell as much as 14 percent in debut on Friday, giving up all their early gains.
FRANKFURT Bain Capital and Cinven have won control of Germany's Stada with a sweetened 5.3 billion euro ($6.2 billion) bid for the generic drugmaker, in the largest takeover of a listed German company by buyout firms.
VIENNA Austrian holiday airline Niki's 850 employees braced for a bumpy ride as insolvent parent Air Berlin began talks on Friday to sell its assets before it runs out of cash.
BEIJING China's Guangzhou Automobile Group Co Ltd has no plans to acquire automaker Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) NV , a company spokesperson said on Friday.
BEIJING China's cabinet on Friday issued guidelines to regulate overseas investment as Beijing looks to support capable firms investing overseas while limiting deals in property, hotels, entertainment, sports clubs, and the film industry.
NEW YORK Glenview Capital Management, Tenet Healthcare Corp's largest shareholder, pulled its two representatives off the hospital company's board, citing "irreconcilable differences" over strategy.
HONG KONG Telecoms group China Unicom's $11.7 billion ownership-reforms plan, billed as a model case for revitalizing Chinese state firms with private capital, remained under a cloud on Friday, with confusion about fundraising details persisting.
U.S. power producer Calpine Corp said it would sell itself to a group of investors led by Energy Capital Partners for $5.6 billion, as the debt-laden company struggles with depressed natural gas prices.
- Finance: Exclusive: China's CEFC in early talks to buy Rosneft stake - sources
- Technology: Sixt CEO hints at car-sharing merger talks between BMW and Daimler
- Healthcare: Investors get sweet tooth for Straumann on profit beat, takeovers
- Consumer: Airline investor Woehrl interested in Air Berlin
- Energy: Elliott urges oil and gas producer Energen to explore sale: WSJ
- Industrials: Airline investor Woehrl formally indicates interest in Air Berlin
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Future of Air Berlin's Niki uncertain as Lufthansa begins talks
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Air Berlin files for protection from creditors in United States
- IPOs: UPDATE 4-Hedge fund Elliott ups stakes at BHP by crossing threshold
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Omniseq Inc raises $10 mln in debt financing
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory: Wall St Week Ahead-Shift from non-GAAP bottom lines could be good for stock prices