- Comcast Corp abandoned its $45 billion offer for Time Warner Cable Inc on Friday after U.S. regulators raised concerns that the deal would give Comcast an unfair advantage in the cable TV and Internet-based services market. | Video
MILAN - At least five investment banks are vying to win a mandate from Banca Popolare di Milano (BPM) and find it a partner as Italian cooperative lenders gear up for a wave of mergers following a landmark reform of the sector.
ZURICH - The Swiss family that controls chemicals business Sika said it is seeking to overturn several decisions made at a recent investor meeting over a 2.75 billion Swiss franc ($2.88 billion) takeover by French rival Saint-Gobain .
NEW YORK - Teva Pharmaceutical Industries' bid for Mylan NV would create a company controlling nearly 25 percent of the U.S. generics market, including drugs in short supply, according to industry experts and a Reuters review of regulatory filings.
TOKYO - Canon Inc said on Friday it owned 84 percent of the shares in Swedish video-surveillance firm Axis AB , and said it was extending the period for other shareholders to accept but would not raise its offer price of 340 Swedish crowns per share.
MUMBAI - Ratan Tata, chairman emeritus of the holding company of India's Tata conglomerate, has acquired a stake in Xiaomi Technology [XTC.UL], a deal that is likely to bolster the Chinese phone maker's presence in the world's third-largest smartphone market.
- Generic drugmaker Mylan NV said on Friday it would take its $31 billion offer for Perrigo Co Plc directly to shareholders, in what is set to be one of the most high-profile hostile takeover attempts of the year.
- SunTrust Banks Inc, Apollo Global Management and Ares Management LP are considering offers for buying General Electric Co's unit that lends to private-equity firms in the United States, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
- Scholastic Corp said it would sell its educational technology and services business to publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co for $575 million in cash, as it focuses on its core children's book publishing business.
- Nutanix, a maker of server and storage systems, is in talks to hire underwriters for an initial public offering later this year that could value the U.S. company at more than $2.5 billion, including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Finance: Laureate Education plans IPO: source
- Technology: Sky approached Mediaset to buy pay-TV unit: sources
- Healthcare: AstraZeneca insists Celgene deal about strategy, not cash
- Consumer: Apax, AEA and Franke vie for vending machine producer N&W: sources
- Energy: ConocoPhillips weighs sale of North sea assets in Norway - Bloomberg
- Industrials: ThyssenKrupp to invest $866 million in North America
- M&A: UK government says will oppose any takeover of BP - FT
- Bankruptcy: UBS chairman says Greek default increasingly seen by IMF as controllable
- IPOs: New Issue- Leeds prices 500 mln euro 2022 bond
- Private Capital: Canadian media company Stingray unveils IPO plans
- Hedge Funds: Seven billionaires in Britain's top-25 richest hedge fund managers' list
- Regulatory: For-profit Corinthian Colleges to shut down remaining campuses
Free Deals Newsletter
- How Net neutrality helped kill the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger - CNET
- Amid Funding Cuts, Will LSU Have to Declare 'Bankruptcy'? - NBCNews.com
- The 'Up' house is for sale. Its future is in the air. - Washington Post
- Ratan Tata Buys Stake in Chinese Phone Maker Xiaomi - NDTV
- Brawl-star game not a bright idea for White Sox' Chris Sale, Jeff Samardzija - Chicago Sun-Times
- Putting an End to a Bad Comcast Merger - New York Times
- Bidders, spectators pack arena for world's largest Clydesdale sale - STLtoday.com
- Pop Milano sits pretty as Italy cooperative banks brace for M&A - Reuters