TOKYO McDonald's Corp has put on hold plans to sell shares in its Japan unit, which recently returned to profit for the first time in three years after a series of food scandals shook consumer confidence in the chain.
Deckers Outdoor Corp said on Tuesday it was exploring strategic alternatives, including a sale of the company, a month after an activist investor urged the apparel and accessories maker to sell itself.
British metals group Liberty House is bidding to buy U.S.-based Mesabi Metallics Co LLC and ESML Holding Inc, as it seeks to boost its presence in North America.
NEW YORK Traders took a big bite out of AdvancePierre Foods Holdings' near-term bullish options just days ahead of Tuesday's announcement by Tyson Foods that it would buy the packaged sandwich supplier for $3.2 billion.
SAO PAULO Creditors of Odebrecht SA have agreed to not tap proceeds from the sale of a water and sanitation utility for early repayment of loans, giving the embattled Brazilian engineering conglomerate more time to restructure 76 billion reais ($24 billion) of obligations.
Verizon Communications Inc has made an offer for Straight Path Communications Inc , topping an earlier bid from AT&T Inc , in a move that starts a bidding war for a company holding spectrum used in 5G technology, according to a source familiar with the matter.
BERLIN German ticketing company CTS Eventim said the foundation of founder and CEO Klaus-Peter Schulenberg, KPS Stiftung, plans to sell up to a 5 percent stake via an accelerated bookbuild.
AMSTERDAM Dutch Economic Affairs Minister Henk Kamp repeated his opposition to a takeover of paint maker Akzo Nobel on Tuesday, saying he did not care that U.S. rival PPG Industries had raised its offer.
BEIJING Netflix is to introduce original content in China in a licensing deal with local video streaming service iQiyi.com, the U.S. company said on Tuesday.
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp will start taking bids for Landis+Gyr, its Swiss smart meter unit, as early as June, Kyodo news agency reported on Tuesday.
- Finance: Apax, shareholders to list Brazil's Tivit as IPO list grows
- Technology: Vivendi's music business valued at $22 billion by banks pitching for IPO
- Healthcare: Express Scripts seeks cost cuts, M&A as it preps for Anthem loss
- Consumer: LVMH's Arnault swoops to take full control of Christian Dior
- Energy: Cenovus shareholder seeks to halt purchase of ConocoPhillips assets
- Industrials: Activist investor Elliott takes stake in UK takeover target WS Atkins
- M&A: MIDEAST STOCKS - Factors to watch - April 26
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Transtec applies for initiation of a protective screening procedure
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Apax, shareholders to list Brazil's Tivit as IPO list grows
- Private Capital: MIDEAST STOCKS - Factors to watch - April 26
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory: BHP Billiton puts U.S. shale gas assets on the block again