PARIS - Shares of Alstom jumped 10.9 percent on Thursday after a report that U.S. conglomerate General Electric was in talks to buy the struggling French turbine and train maker for about $13 billion.
- Zimmer Holdings Inc said on Thursday it would buy rival orthopedic products maker Biomet Inc for more than $13 billion, the latest deal in a wave of consolidations in the healthcare industry.
NEW YORK - Dollar Tree Inc and Dillard's Inc have agreed to boost oversight to ensure worker safety at their suppliers' factories, and as a result the overseer of New York state's public pension fund said he has withdrawn shareholder proposals on the issue.
NEW YORK - Neovia Logistics LLC, a logistics services provider backed by industrial equipment conglomerate Caterpillar Inc , is exploring a sale that could value the company at more than $1 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON - Software company Bazaarvoice Inc has agreed to undo a 2012 merger with a rival that had been challenged by the U.S. government, the Justice Department said on Thursday.
- Private equity firm Warburg Pincus has agreed to take a majority stake in software startup PayScale, which offers compensation data to individuals and companies.
- U.S. food and grain-handling companies ConAgra Foods Inc , Cargill Inc and CHS Inc have moved closer to sealing a deal to merge their North American flour mill operations by agreeing to sell four mills to a Japanese company.
NEW YORK - Elizabeth Arden Inc has hired Goldman Sachs Group to explore a sale and reached out to a small group of potential buyers, according to people familiar with the matter.
VIENNA - Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim plans to use Telekom Austria as a base to build up his presence in European telecoms after sealing a deal with the Austrian state to take control of the company.
PARIS - French luxury and sports brand group Kering on Thursday said it would go back on the acquisition trail in the sports and lifestyle sector only once it had turned around Puma.
- Finance: Alstom shares jump on report of GE takeover interest
- Technology: Comcast's Fandango ticket service buys MovieClips
- Healthcare: GE in talks to buy France's Alstom: Bloomberg
- Consumer: Pernod looks for more bolt-on deals after U.S. buy
- Energy: Shipping tycoon Fredriksen joins rival to set up new capesize firm
- Industrials: Transurban in $6.6 billion deal to buy Queensland Motorways
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Pemex chief touts Mexico's energy reform in Washington visit
- Bankruptcy: Canadian gov't plans decision on Telus' Mobilicity bid 'soon'
- IPOs: Bartlett and de Ruiter promoted in RBS investment bank shake-up
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Wall Street watchdog mandates broker background checks
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Regulatory: Amazon CFO: first-quarter unit sales growth slowed from previous quarter
Free Deals Newsletter
- Daley, Former White House Chief of Staff, Joins Hedge Fund - New York Times
- Newmont's Merger Talks With Barrick Is Driven By Fear Of A Lower Gold Price - Forbes
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Tom Steyer Comes Under Republican Attack - Forbes
- Safeway profit slides as grocer prepares for merger - San Jose Mercury News
- Regan: Why Alibaba IPO is such a big deal - USA TODAY
- Gherkin tower on way out of bankruptcy pickle - USA TODAY
- Intralinks Acquires docTrackr - Preemptive Strike At The Box IPO? - Forbes
- Healthcare M&A activity hits record level - Fortune (blog)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Israel suspends peace talks after Palestinian unity bid
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- BBC withdraws from UK business group over Scottish independence
- Amazon's revenue increases even as spending climbs
- Barclays to pay $280 million to settle mortgage bond claims
- GM says facing multiple probes into recent recalls |
- Briton jailed for 27 years to get new hearing in Miami murder case
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane