Exxon Mobil Corp said on Tuesday it would buy companies owned by the Bass family of Texas in a deal worth up to $6.6 billion that would boost it presence in the Permian Basin, one of the country's most cost-effective oil fields.
NEW YORK Morgan Stanley's Chief Executive James Gorman said the bank's wealth management business finalized new alliances with 10 digital partners in 2016, during a call on Tuesday with analysts to discuss fourth-quarter earnings.
The group created by the merger of Italy's Luxottica and France's Essilor will consider a listing in both Italy and France, as well as the United States, Luxottica founder Leonardo del Vecchio was quoted as saying on Tuesday.
Biogen Inc said on Tuesday it would pay Forward Pharma A/S $1.25 billion in cash to license the Danish company's patents covering multiple sclerosis drugs including Biogen's flagship drug, Tecfidera.
LONDON Carlyle Group has agreed to become the largest shareholder in Johannesburg-based Global Credit Ratings (GCR), the U.S. buyout fund said on Tuesday, looking to broaden the pan-African ratings agency's services.
TOKYO Asahi Group Holdings Ltd is open to the possibility of more acquisitions, its chief said, even after Japan's biggest beer maker sealed $10 billion worth of deals to buy European assets from Anheuser-Busch InBev SA NV last year.
DAVOS, Switzerland Syngenta , the Swiss pesticides and seeds group being taken over by ChemChina [CNNCC.UL], does not expect antitrust regulators to force the Chinese state-owned company to put its subsidiary Adama up for sale, Syngenta's CEO said on Tuesday.
Activist investor Elliott Management and private equity firm Bluescape Energy Partners said they bought stakes in NRG Energy Inc and would team up to urge the power producer to make strategic changes to the company.
MILAN Germany's Lufthansa and Etihad Airways are in talks to possibly merge the two airlines, Italian newspaper Il Messaggero said in an unsourced report on Tuesday, boosting the German airline's share price.
- Finance: Atlas Copco to split group, company veteran Rahmstrom named new CEO
- Technology: Italian regulator still looking into Vivendi's stake building in Mediaset
- Healthcare: Luxottica and Essilor in 46 billion euro merger to create eyewear giant
- Consumer: Luxottica's merger helps Del Vecchio manage family risks
- Energy: Noble Energy to buy Clayton Williams Energy for $2.7 billion
- Industrials: Syngenta CEO expects regulatory approval for ChemChina deal soon: CNBC
- M&A: European shares steady as banks turns positive after May speech
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Creditor group challenges Brazilian firm Oi's restructuring plan
- IPOs: UPDATE 3-Toy seller plans listing as investors turn more bullish on Russia
- Private Capital: BRIEF-APPSFLYER SAYS RAISED AN ADDITIONAL $56 MLN IN SERIES C FINANCING
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-Exxon boosts Permian basin holding in deal worth up to $6.6 bln
- Samsung Shares Just Hit a Record High on Activist Hedge Fund Interest - Fortune
- Kim Kardashian West's bodyguard 'declared bankruptcy and owes â¬1 million' - Telegraph.co.uk
- Twitter sale could happen in October - CNET
- Endurance Tech IPO picks up pace, subscribed 17% - Economic Times
- Exclusive: Getting into US election spirit, Jose Cuervo postpones IPO - ... - Reuters
- Tex-Mex chain Don Pablo's files bankruptcy papers - USA TODAY
- Coupa Software Prices IPO At $18, Top Of Range; FB Financial Soars - Investor's Business Daily
- LAM, KLA-Tencor Cancel $10.6 Billion Merger Deal - TheStreet.com