HONG KONG A surge in Chinese cross-border technology and telecoms deals has helped mergers and acquisitions in Asia Pacific cross $1 trillion for the first time but mainland banks are missing out on the payoffs as they badly trail global rivals in advisory work.
JERUSALEM Perion Network has bought digital advertising firm Undertone for $180 million in cash as it continues to expand in providing advertising to brands and publishers, it said on Tuesday.
CHICAGO Dow Chemical Co has struck a deal to sell a part of its global herbicide business, as low crop prices continue to drive talk of consolidation in the agriculture industry.
WASHINGTON Anheuser-Busch InBev's bid to buy its biggest rival, SABMiller, will be the subject of a U.S. Senate hearing next week, the Senate Judiciary Committee said on Monday.
U.S. antitrust regulators are preparing to block Staples Inc's acquisition of smaller rival Office Depot Inc , the New York Post reported on Sunday.
Tribune Publishing Co said it was not in talks or in the process of selling itself, after a tweet by News Corp's Rupert Murdoch on Friday that suggested Tribune's newspaper group would be sold.
SAO PAULO Grupo BTG Pactual SA is negotiating the sale of around 4 billion reais ($1.03 billion) in loans to rivals Itaú Unibanco Holding SA and Banco Bradesco SA , two sources with direct knowledge of the situation said on Monday.
WASHINGTON Lockheed Martin Corp on Monday said it had received $279 million in remaining funding from the U.S. Navy for the construction of the future USS Cooperstown, the 23rd Littoral Combat Ship.
U.S. power transmission company ITC Holdings Corp said it was exploring strategic options, including a sale, as increased energy efficiency weakens demand for electricity.
PARIS Japanese carmaker Nissan is seeking to raise its stake in Renault to 25 percent or higher to block management interference in the alliance by the French government, the Nikkei Asian Review said on Monday, without citing sources.
- Finance: Mattress Firm to buy Sleepy's for about $780 million
- Technology: Murdoch: Tribune papers likely to be sold, LA Times split off
- Healthcare: Fagron says takeover talks protracted but not terminated
- Consumer: LVMH buys minority stake in Italian jeweler Repossi
- Energy: Mexico's Pemex inks deal with Global Water Development Partners
- Industrials: Brazil's CSN forms new joint venture with Asian partners
- M&A: Air France-KLM's low-cost carrier moves into Lufthansa's Munich hub
- Bankruptcy: Moment of truth as Puerto Rico faces crucial debt payment
- IPOs: UK opens books on syndicated sale of 2046 linker - bookrunner
- Private Capital: Fidelity boosts value of pre-IPO Roku and Nutanix, sours on Delphix
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund firm BlueCrest Capital Management to go private
- Regulatory: Porsche, Piech families committed to Volkswagen and Wolfsburg
- Alkem Laboratories fixes IPO price band at Rs 1020-1050 - Economic Times
- Private Equity Market Is Expected to Attract $629 Billion in 2015 - New York Times
- Atlassian Corp. sets IPO price range, aims to raise $370 million - Reuters
- Reorg Research: Bankruptcy bulletins - Financial Times
- Detroit seeks $50M from vendors paid before bankruptcy - Detroit Free Press
- Angie's List shareholder rejects board seat, demands sale - USA TODAY
- Everything Must Go: South Dakota Ghost Town on Sale for $250000 - NBCNews.com
- New bankruptcy law 'single most positive thing' for debtors - Irish Times