- Health insurer Aetna Inc on Friday said it would buy smaller rival Humana Inc for about $37 billion in cash and stock, in the largest ever deal in the insurance industry.
SEOUL - The proposed $8 billion merger of two Samsung Group companies came under attack from two directions on Friday, as an activist hedge fund filed a court action against the deal and a shareholder advisory group recommended shareholders oppose it.
- U.S. and European regulatory resistance could force General Electric Co to seek another buyer for its appliances business and different paths to expand its industrial operations in an ongoing strategic overhaul.
- U.S. health insurer Centene Corp will buy smaller rival Health Net Inc for $6.3 billion, underscoring the healthcare industry's rush to bulk up to negotiate better prices with suppliers and hospitals, and attract new customers. | Video
- Dollar Tree Inc was given the go-ahead to buy Family Dollar Stores Inc by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on condition that they sell 330 Family Dollar stores, putting to rest a year-long merger saga.
- H.J. Heinz Co on Thursday completed its purchase of Kraft Foods Group Inc, creating the third largest food and beverage company in North America and fifth largest worldwide.
HONG KONG - A heavily discounted purchase of a loss-making solar-panel maker last week has cast a spotlight on the Chinese takeovers of so-called listed shell companies in Hong Kong, which may be used to sidestep the bourse's rigorous listing process.
- Sycamore Partners is preparing an offer for Belk Inc that could value the U.S. department store chain at between $3 billion and $3.5 billion, including debt, and become the buyout firm's largest deal, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Rare earths miner Molycorp Inc said it received U.S. bankruptcy court approval for interim financing of $22 million to support its operations.
- Yelp Inc, operator of consumer review website yelp.com, had temporarily decided not to pursue a sale, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
- Finance: Anthem, Cigna in new round of talks: source
- Technology: Spanish language network Univision files for U.S. IPO
- Healthcare: GE meets EU regulators over Alstom power unit deal
- Consumer: Unilever to acquire Murad to expand skincare business
- Energy: Samson Resources revives debt talks with unsecured bondholders: Bloomberg
- Industrials: K+S rejects Potash Corp's takeover approach as too low
- M&A: EU mergers and takeovers (July 3)
- Bankruptcy: CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-Creditors of wind park firm Prokon reject bid in favour of own plan
- IPOs: Greek crisis hitting outlook for IPOs - Euronext Paris chief
- Private Capital: EU mergers and takeovers (July 3)
- Hedge Funds: Horizon stops withdrawals from hedge fund as Greek exposure bites
- Regulatory: Under fire for comments, Trump weighs in on California shooting
Free Deals Newsletter
- Aetna Announces $37 Billion Merger With Health Insurance Rival Humana - NPR
- Marchionne Sees Ferrari's Value Exceeding $11 Billion in IPO - Bloomberg
- Xbox Ultimate Game Sale Kicks Of July 7: Mortal Kombat X, Far Cry 4, Diablo ... - Tech Times
- Univision announces IPO plan - CNNMoney
- Ashley Madison is close to abandoning its London IPO - Business Insider
- Huge Trade Packages That Could Ignite Chris Sale Blockbuster Deal - Bleacher Report
- Santander increases stake in US loans arm - Financial Times
- Morton's Warm Springs up for sale again - Santa Rosa Press Democrat