FRANKFURT Some Deutsche Boerse shareholders are urging the exchanges group to seek more favorable terms in its planned merger with the London Stock Exchange Group (LSE) after Britain's vote last week to leave the European Union.
NEW YORK The Illinois Department of Insurance has approved Aetna Inc's proposed $34 billion acquisition of Humana Inc provided it is approved by the U.S. Department of Justice, according to an order dated June 23 posted on the department's website.
BRUSSELS U.S. hotel chain Marriott International secured EU antitrust approval on Monday for its cash and share purchase of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc .
BRUSSELS - EU antitrust authorities will rule by Aug. 1 whether to allow Sony Corp to buy out the Michael Jackson estate's stake in its music publishing joint venture, a move which rivals such as Warner Music Group say gives Sony too much power.
DOHA France's Total has won a 30 percent stake in a new contract to operate Qatar's largest offshore oilfield, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Monday.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint on Monday aimed at stopping a merger of Canadian chemical companies Superior Plus Corp and Canexus Corp .
Medtronic Plc said it would buy HeartWare International Inc for about $1.1 billion, bulking up its portfolio of devices for treating heart diseases and pushing deeper into the market for less-invasive surgical products.
FRANKFURT U.S. activist investor Guy Wyser-Pratte has acquired a stake in Stada in a bid to force the German pharmaceutical manufacturer into a merger deal, German daily Handelsblatt said.
LISBON Buyout group Carlyle will take a 50 percent stake in Portugal's plastics packaging firm Logoplaste in a capital increase that will prepare the family-owned company for planned expansion mainly in the United States, Logoplaste's CEO said.
BERLIN/FRANKFURT German robotics maker Kuka is on the brink of agreeing to an investor agreement with Chinese bidder Midea that includes a long-term commitment to existing headquarters, factories and jobs, a source close to the negotiations said.
- Finance: Carlyle in partnership deal with Portugal's Logoplaste
- Technology: Intel considers sale of cyber security business: FT
- Healthcare: Dealmakers wrestle with Brexit's fallout
- Consumer: China's Alipay could take stake in Germany's Wirecard: report
- Energy: Russia secures energy deals, talks security with China as Putin visits
- Industrials: China's Baosteel, Wuhan Steel announce plan to restructure
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Nestle poaches CEO from Fresenius in health and wellness drive
- Bankruptcy: Aurelius unit seeks bankruptcy of Netherlands-based Oi subsidiary
- IPOs: Echoes of February as AT1 market takes another leg down
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Calpers urges Bed Bath & Beyond shareholders to support proposal "proxy access and director accountability"
- Hedge Funds: Speculators lift bullish gold stance to record ahead of Brexit
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Biorem reports sale of securities by major shareholders
- Reckoning Near for Merger of Energy Transfer and Williams - New York Times
- Mahanagar IPO opens tomorrow; 4 brokerages say it's a good 'buy' - Economic Times
- Cemex Philippines Said Poised to Seek Up to $526 Million in IPO - Bloomberg
- Chinese Companies Have Already Set an Outbound M&A Record This Year - Fortune
- Case closed: Parsons' personal bankruptcy auctions pay out $1.3M - The State Journal-Register
- CDB Leasing's Hong Kong IPO Said to Seek as Much as $980 Million - Bloomberg
- UPDATE 1-Cemex unit to launch Philippines' biggest IPO this year -IFR - Reuters
- Success Academy's Hedge Fund Philanthropist Raising Money for Trump - Huffington Post