NEW YORK - Charter Communications Inc is preparing to send an offer letter to acquire Time Warner Cable Inc as soon as next week, a source close to the matter said on Friday.
- EchoStar Corp said it is no longer in discussions to form a joint venture with Vivendi's subsidiary GVT for pay TV services in Brazil.
SARAJEVO - U.S.-based Howell Machine will modernize the state-owned arms and ammunition industry in Bosnia's autonomous Bosniak-Croat Federation under terms of a deal signed on Friday.
LONDON - India's United Spirits could attract more buyers for its Whyte & Mackay Scotch whisky business and tip the price over the expected 450 million pounds ($735 million) if it included the single malt Dalmore, sources familiar with the matter say.
MUMBAI - India's Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd agreed to buy branded formulations business of rival Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd in India and Nepal for about 20 billion rupees ($324.1 million) to boost its market share.
- U.S. insurer American International Group is in talks to sell its aircraft leasing business to AerCap Holdings NV , a person briefed on the discussions said.
- Shares of Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc , the world's largest hotel operator, rose more than 9 percent in afternoon trading during their New York Stock Exchange debut on Thursday. | Video
HONG KONG - Private equity firm RRJ Capital, founded by former Goldman Sachs dealmaker Richard Ong, has paid $350 million for a stake in waste-to-energy company China Everbright International Ltd , according to a Hong Kong stock exchange filing.
PARIS/LONDON - PSA Peugeot Citroen said on Thursday it took a 1.1 billion euro ($1.52 billion) writedown at its ailing overseas operations and is pursuing a tie-up with China's Dongfeng Motor Group that would give the French carmaker the time and cash to pull out of its downward spiral.
- Finance: Monte Paschi set for showdown with top investor over cash call
- Technology: Exclusive: CVC prepares sale of Swiss telecom group Sunrise - sources
- Healthcare: Bankers prepare 700 million euros of debt for Ceva stake sale
- Consumer: Hilton Worldwide Holdings shares climb 9 percent in IPO
- Energy: Canada's CPPIB to buy farmland portfolio in Saskatchewan
- Industrials: Texas Industries working with Citi on possible sale: Bloomberg
- M&A: BRIEF-Bumi says Nat Rothschild indicates wish to support separation
- Bankruptcy: Moody's says Detroit public lighting ruling bad for bondholders
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Goldman Sachs takes crown in IFR awards
- Private Capital: Bidders for Spain's NCG to get tax credit boost -sources
- Hedge Funds: Banks will have to beef up capital buffers for fund investments
- Regulatory: CORRECTED-UPDATE 3-Qualcomm names COO Mollenkopf CEO, ending Microsoft talk
- Seeking The Next Big Tech IPO? There's Plenty In The Pipeline - Forbes
- Nimble Storage socks away $168 million in IPO - San Jose Mercury News
- As IPO Market Booms, Hilton Shares Jump in Debut - ABC News
- Indian Court Lifts Obstacle To Microsoft-Nokia Merger - New York Times
- AMC Appeals to Film Lovers Who Want a Piece of Its IPO Action - Yahoo Finance (blog)
- Aramark prices IPO at $20 per share - Nation's Restaurant News
- Goldman Earns Most in Hilton IPO With More Than Fees - Bloomberg
- Orr: Detroit's Public Services Already Improving - ABC News
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- Kerry says Israeli-Palestinian deal possible by end-April
- Cameron narrows Labour lead, ahead on economy
- Man accused of murdering British soldier opts not to give evidence
- War amputees reach South Pole with Britain's Prince Harry
- Britain's housing market capable of suddenly turn scalding hot - BoE's Dale
- Loan repayments surge, put pressure on ECB
- Ukraine's Yanukovich holds crisis talks as thousands mass for rally |
- Crowd breaks through barrier on Mandela's last day of lying in state