June 19 - Ally Financial Inc's proposed $2.1 billion agreement reached last month with creditors of its bankrupt Residential Capital LLC subsidiary cleared a key court deadline with only one vigorous objection, though several warning shots were fired.
MADRID, June 19 - Spain's La Caixa has postponed the planned sale of a portfolio of 12,000 homes, two sources familiar with the deal said, in a sign Spanish banks are still reluctant to cut prices on property assets even after big writedowns.
VIENNA, June 19 - UniCredit unit Bank Austria and Erste Group Bank have already built provisions for debt problems at construction group Alpine, but it was too early to say what hit they might ultimately take, the lenders said on Wednesday.
VIENNA, June 19 - Alpine Bau, the insolvent core Austrian operating unit of Spanish group FCC, is proposing a payout quota of 20 percent within two years, creditor agency KSV said on Wednesday.
VIENNA, June 19 - Alpine Bau, the insolvent Austrian construction unit of Spanish group FCC, has liabilities of up to 2.6 billion euros ($3.5 billion), Austrian creditor agency KSV said on Wednesday.
* FCC shares fall 5.9 pct (Combines stories, adds work council head, market reaction)
VIENNA, June 19 - Austrian construction firm Porr said on Wednesday it was in talks to buy parts of FCC unit Alpine Bau, which has filed for insolvency.
VIENNA, June 19 - Alpine Bau GmbH, the main Austrian construction unit of Spanish group FCC, has filed for insolvency, a spokesman for parent group Alpine Holding said.
NEW YORK, June 18 - New York state lawmakers on Tuesday announced plans to create a financial restructuring board and binding arbitration process to help struggling municipalities manage their finances.
June 18 - Eastman Kodak Co on Tuesday said it will seek court approval for a $406 million rights offering that could give creditors a big equity stake in the company after it emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Vimpelcom unit drops bid to control Canada's Wind Mobile
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Belgian postal service bpost to list at 14.50 euros/share
- Private Capital: REFILE-Ex-Kleiner partner wants day in court in discrimination lawsuit
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds brace for renewed debt crisis
- Regulatory News: Nikkei expected to edge down on Fed's stimulus signals
- Bank of England's King makes last call for more stimulus, bank reform
- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- Sao Paulo, Rio revoke transport fare hikes as protests continue |
- Bernanke says Fed likely to reduce bond buying this year |
- Myanmar constitution likely to dash Suu Kyi's presidential hopes
- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Magnitude 5.7 quake hits central Chile, no damage reported
- Czech ruling party backs speaker to be first woman PM
- Obama challenges Russia to agree to deeper nuclear weapon cuts
- Afghan government to shun U.S. talks with Taliban