LONDON, May 17 (IFR) - Special servicer Hatfield Philips has sought to reassure investors in the Talisman-6 CMBS worried about the future of the EUR360.4m Orange Loan, which has been in default since July 2012.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., May 16 - Alabama's bankrupt Jefferson County on Thursday hired a new top, in-house attorney as officials put finishing touches on an exit plan meant to end America's biggest ever municipal bankruptcy.
May 16 - Detroit's bondholders face a heightened chance of default or bankruptcy by the city under a financial recovery plan released on Monday by a state-appointed emergency manager running the city, Moody's Investors Service said on Thursday.
May 16 - A financial recovery plan released on Monday by a state-appointed emergency manager running Detroit has negative consequences for the city's bondholders, Moody's Investors Service said on Thursday.
May 16 - The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
HONG KONG, May 16 - Following are monthly bankruptcy statistics provided by the government: Pct Change Pct Change No. of April M/M Y/Y Jan-Apr Y/Y Bankruptcy petitions 815 2.64 21.10 3,010 10.50 Bankruptcy orders 927 35.92 20.39 3,126 18.63 Hong Kong's economy grew a seasonally adjusted 0.2 percent in the first quarter ended March over the previous three months than
May 15 - China-based solar panel maker Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd, whose main unit is in insolvency proceedings, said it reached an agreement with some lenders to further defer its obligations on a $541 million loan.
WASHINGTON, May 14 - Many California cities will remain fiscally challenged over the next few years due to limits on raising revenues and demands for pensions and other spending, Moody's Investors Service said on Tuesday.
* County says bonds will shift to fixed-rate from variable
DETROIT, May 14 - Detroit Mayor Dave Bing, who has lost most of his authority to an emergency manager appointed by the state, said on Tuesday that he will not seek reelection, and accused Michigan, the media and political pundits of unfairly denigrating the city.
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Tesoro wins US antitrust OK to buy California BP refinery
- IPOs: Investors dump Double B names as rates spike higher
- Private Capital: MIDEAST STOCKS - Factors to watch - May 19
- Hedge Funds: Toscafund bullish on UK economy and stock market
- Regulatory News: U.S. state cancels subsidy for investment from Pakistani company
- BoE governor King warns of risks in mortgage scheme
- Gunmen kill senior woman member of Pakistani party led by Imran Khan
- North Korea fires three short-range missiles
- Rome protest turns up heat on new Prime Minister |
- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Thirteen killed, 10 police kidnapped in Iraq violence
- Nigeria says 10 rebels killed in northeast, 65 arrested |
- France's Hollande signs gay marriage law
- Investigators seek cause of New York commuter train crash |
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eying Versace - paper