LONDON - Qbasis, a hedge fund which more than doubled clients' money during the 2008 financial crisis, is cashing in again by exploiting fresh turmoil in global markets.
By Svea Herbst-Bayliss, Lawrence Delevingne and Tim McLaughlin
LONDON - Fund managers keen to attract more cash from Britain's "can't save, won't save" Millennials are experimenting with more consumer-friendly business models, in moves that could transform the industry's image of overcharging for mediocre performance.
LONDON - Investors raised their bets on hedge funds at the fastest pace for 15 months in August, new data showed.
HONG KONG/SHANGHAI - Hundreds of foreign hedge funds and traders are working in a regulatory grey area in China, using speculative trading strategies that are complicating regulators' efforts to calm the country's turbulent stock markets.
LONDON - Ultra-easy European Central Bank monetary policy is protecting the debts of some of the bloc's weakest countries from attack by speculative hedge funds.
- Smiths Group Plc shares rose as much as 8 percent on Tuesday after a report said that U.S. activist investor ValueAct had taken a stake in the British engineering company.
LONDON - New Bank of England policymaker Gertjan Vlieghe said on Friday that he would sever all links with his previous employer, one of the world's biggest hedge funds, to avoid "any mistaken impression" of a conflict of interest.
LONDON - The European Union faces a regulatory spat with the United States after the bloc's securities watchdog said it could not give U.S. hedge funds a "passport" to operate across the EU.
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Baxalta in talks to buy hematology-oncology specialist -Bloomberg
- Bankruptcy: Oil plunge deepens high-yield gloom
- IPOs: Carlyle in talks on $770 mln takeover of UK's Innovation Group
- Private Capital: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 2-U.S. Int'l Trade Commission clears Microsoft of patent infringement