SINGAPORE - "It's like a horror movie. People like to watch, but don't want to be in it," quips economist Andy Xie about his popular lectures where he predicts a collapse in China's property and stock markets.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large speculators last week raised their bets on a rise in Brent crude oil prices to the highest level since October, exchange data showed, highlighting the effect of Ukraine tensions on sentiment.
LONDON - Smaller asset managers and hedge funds will drive an increase in the use of computer-driven equity trading strategies in 2014 as brokerages cut back on the services they offer to less profitable clients, a study shows.
LONDON - Hedge fund firm Man Group announced a share buyback and bumped up its dividend on Thursday, sending its stock price soaring, after it drew more new investment in the last quarter of 2013 that help it beat full-year profit forecasts.
LONDON - U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp acquired derivatives equivalent to a stake of almost 11 percent in UK-based F&C Asset Management , a filing showed on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS - EU lawmakers and member states agreed curbs on fund managers' pay similar to new rules for bankers on Tuesday, including a three-year deferral of 40 percent of bonuses, legislation that could be in place next year.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large investors raised their bets on higher Brent crude oil prices in the week to February 11, data from the InterContinental Exchange showed on Monday, rebounding after dropping to the lowest level in over a year.
LONDON - Paris-based investment firm La Francaise and Anglo-Italian hedge fund manager TAGES Capital are combining assets to form a European fund of hedge funds joint venture.
LONDON - Brevan Howard, one of the world's biggest hedge fund managers, is to shut its $2.3 billion emerging markets portfolio after a bout of poor performance, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - Mathew Martoma, a former portfolio manager at billionaire Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund, was found guilty on Thursday of engaging in what prosecutors called the most lucrative insider trading scheme in U.S. history.
- M&A: UPDATE 1-WPP thumps forecasts with strong Q1 organic growth
- Bankruptcy: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - April 25
- IPOs: Bartlett and de Ruiter promoted in RBS investment bank shake-up
- Private Capital: INSIGHT-Fed, OCC differ in enforcing leveraged lending guidelines
- Regulatory News: Utilities feel pressure for ethical coal mining push
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Guest blog from author and former hedge fund manager Lars Kroijer.
Laudantium Anim Consectetur Illum Autem Quo. Nulla Perspiciatis Deserunt Incididunt Eu Duis. Dolores Laborum Unde Iure Mollit Ex Adipisci.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |
- EU court to rule on UK challenge to transaction tax
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Empty spaces mark Korean school tribute for missing ferry victims
- Obama wraps up Japan visit after security pledge but no trade deal |
- Barclays to pay $280 million to settle mortgage bond claims
- Nokia to name Rajeev Suri as next CEO on Tuesday - report
- HSBC tower could be sold for over 1.1 billion pounds - FT
- U.S. official says MH370 search likely to last for years
- In Cairo, one family's story shows rise of radical threat