LONDON - Smaller asset managers and hedge funds will drive an increase in the use of computer-driven equity trading strategies in 2014 as brokerages cut back on the services they offer to less profitable clients, a study shows.
LONDON - Hedge fund firm Man Group announced a share buyback and bumped up its dividend on Thursday, sending its stock price soaring, after it drew more new investment in the last quarter of 2013 that help it beat full-year profit forecasts.
LONDON - U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp acquired derivatives equivalent to a stake of almost 11 percent in UK-based F&C Asset Management , a filing showed on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS - EU lawmakers and member states agreed curbs on fund managers' pay similar to new rules for bankers on Tuesday, including a three-year deferral of 40 percent of bonuses, legislation that could be in place next year.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large investors raised their bets on higher Brent crude oil prices in the week to February 11, data from the InterContinental Exchange showed on Monday, rebounding after dropping to the lowest level in over a year.
LONDON - Paris-based investment firm La Francaise and Anglo-Italian hedge fund manager TAGES Capital are combining assets to form a European fund of hedge funds joint venture.
LONDON - Brevan Howard, one of the world's biggest hedge fund managers, is to shut its $2.3 billion emerging markets portfolio after a bout of poor performance, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - Mathew Martoma, a former portfolio manager at billionaire Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund, was found guilty on Thursday of engaging in what prosecutors called the most lucrative insider trading scheme in U.S. history.
LONDON - Julian Rifat, a former equity trader at U.S. hedge fund Moore Capital, was charged on Wednesday in connection with Operation Tabernula, Britain's largest insider dealing investigation, becoming the ninth man charged in connection with the inquiry.
LONDON - ParFX, a currency trading platform launched to curb the advantage of high-frequency traders, will allow hedge funds to join banks in its trade to increase liquidity and create a wider trading community.
- M&A: Global IPO activity jumps 70 percent in 2014
- Bankruptcy: Nationwide CoCo blow-out spurs UK bank capital plans
- IPOs: RPT-Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Medical device maker Biomet files for IPO of up to $100 mln
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-Debt veteran Paul Richards retires from BofAML
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Guest blog from author and former hedge fund manager Lars Kroijer.
Mollit Natus Laudantium Consequuntur Quis Nemo. Anim Irure Porro Sequi Laborum Vel Adipisci. Ex Dolor Beatae Illum Occaecat.
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Britons increasingly see rate rise but lower their inflation forecasts - BoE
- Bank of England holds fire after forward guidance overhaul |
- China-sensitive Burberry and miners weigh on FTSE
- Trial begins for U.S. Army general accused of sex crimes
- Iran says nuclear talks with powers 'substantive and useful'
- Congolese warlord convicted of war crimes at International Court
- China voices 'deep concern' to North Korea over plane near-miss
- Kerry in Jordan for talks on Middle East peace
- Violent splinter group mars peace deal with Pakistan Taliban