LONDON - Jamie Cooper-Hohn, estranged wife of hedge fund billionaire Christopher Hohn, will not contest a divorce settlement announced last month that awarded her less than half the family fortune.
LONDON - Brevan Howard, one of Europe's biggest hedge fund managers, has launched a fund to invest in Argentinean assets, a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission showed.
- Man Group plans to buy U.S. fund manager Silvermine Capital for up to $70 million, picking up $3.8 billion of assets under management to further strengthen its presence in the United States.
LONDON - Investors are optimistic about private equity, but reconsidering their allocations to hedge funds, a survey showed on Monday.
LONDON - The number of hedge fund launches fell to 240 in the three months to the end of September, the lowest level since the third quarter of last year, industry tracker HFR said on Thursday.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large speculators increased their bets on rising Brent crude oil prices in the seven days to Dec. 2, exchange data showed on Monday, buying back into the oil market after more than a 40 percent fall in prices since June.
LONDON - Man Group, the world's biggest listed hedge fund, said on Monday it had agreed to manage a Merrill Lynch fund of hedge fund portfolio totalling $1.2 billion.
LONDON - Billionaire hedge fund manager Chris Hohn's firm nearly doubled its charitable donations in the year to end-February 2014, filings with Britain's Companies House show, following the best return in his $8 billion-plus fund since 2005.
- OPEC's decision not to cut oil output despite a market glut gave a late-month boost to several energy hedge funds in November, pushing them toward double-digit gains in a year marked by commodity fund closures.
LONDON - Hedge fund and property fund managers are facing unexpected charges and administrative hurdles to sell their funds across Europe, deterring some from doing so and cutting across the principle of an open market, lawyers and fund managers say.
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Germany's Gerry Weber buys Hallhuber, eyes menswear
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Orco Property Group creditors meeting approved new financial restructuring plan of Suncani Hvar
- IPOs: Russia's Polyus announces intention of secondary listing in Moscow
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Carlyle and Warburg Pincus to buy credit rating agency DBRS
- Regulatory News: MOVES-MainStay Investments hires Brendan Gundersen from BlackRock iShares