SINGAPORE - "It's like a horror movie. People like to watch, but don't want to be in it," quips economist Andy Xie about his popular lectures where he predicts a collapse in China's property and stock markets.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large speculators last week raised their bets on a rise in Brent crude oil prices to the highest level since October, exchange data showed, highlighting the effect of Ukraine tensions on sentiment.
LONDON - Smaller asset managers and hedge funds will drive an increase in the use of computer-driven equity trading strategies in 2014 as brokerages cut back on the services they offer to less profitable clients, a study shows.
LONDON - Hedge fund firm Man Group announced a share buyback and bumped up its dividend on Thursday, sending its stock price soaring, after it drew more new investment in the last quarter of 2013 that help it beat full-year profit forecasts.
LONDON - U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp acquired derivatives equivalent to a stake of almost 11 percent in UK-based F&C Asset Management , a filing showed on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS - EU lawmakers and member states agreed curbs on fund managers' pay similar to new rules for bankers on Tuesday, including a three-year deferral of 40 percent of bonuses, legislation that could be in place next year.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large investors raised their bets on higher Brent crude oil prices in the week to February 11, data from the InterContinental Exchange showed on Monday, rebounding after dropping to the lowest level in over a year.
LONDON - Paris-based investment firm La Francaise and Anglo-Italian hedge fund manager TAGES Capital are combining assets to form a European fund of hedge funds joint venture.
LONDON - Brevan Howard, one of the world's biggest hedge fund managers, is to shut its $2.3 billion emerging markets portfolio after a bout of poor performance, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - Mathew Martoma, a former portfolio manager at billionaire Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund, was found guilty on Thursday of engaging in what prosecutors called the most lucrative insider trading scheme in U.S. history.
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Shell commited to Russia expansion despite sanctions
- Bankruptcy: REFILE-UPDATE 1-Mt. Gox suitors seek support to save bitcoin exchange
- IPOs: Shipping firms turn to equity markets as sector eyes recovery
- Private Capital: REFILE-Mt. Gox suitors seek creditor support to save bitcoin exchange
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-Audi expects to sell half million cars in China this year
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Guest blog from author and former hedge fund manager Lars Kroijer.
Velit Voluptas Magnam Tempora Illo. Tempor Rem Commodo Natus Nostrum Natus Tempora. Labore Nulla Dolores Quae Irure Unde Elit.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- Insight - Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- Labour Party hires Obama strategist for 2015 poll
- Italy government prepares to approve tax cuts
- Libyan kidnappers of Tunisian diplomat demand Islamists' release
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
- Algeria's Bouteflika set for re-election, foes cry fraud
- Indonesia's ex-general Prabowo edges closer to presidential race
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |