LONDON Euro zone governments are increasingly relying on hedge funds to help them meet their borrowing needs, which risks leaving them vulnerable to a debt market sell-off driven by a class of investors dubbed "fast money" for their speculative approach.
LONDON Tucked into the attic of a Georgian building in London's West End, seven people run a $200 million hedge fund following artificial intelligence formulas. But the supercomputers that process their complex algorithms are nowhere to be seen.
LONDON Scottish hedge fund manager Hugh Hendry is betting on a break-up of the European Union in a trade he said could deliver 30-35 percent gains, the Reuters Global Investment Outlook Summit heard on Monday.
NEW YORK U.S. stocks are poised to climb more in 2017 as the policies of Republican President-elect Donald Trump are likely to boost earnings, Steven Einhorn, vice chairman of Hedge fund Omega Advisors, said on Monday.
Activist hedge fund Oasis Management Co Ltd has raised its stake in Britain's Premier Foods Plc to 5.18 percent, a regulatory filing on Thursday showed, sending the company's shares up as much as 4 percent.
TEL AVIV/LONDON, LONDON Hedge funds should stop making excuses for poor performance, the chairman of Lansdowne Partners said on Wednesday against a backdrop of weak average returns that have prompted some to pull their money out.
LONDON Man Group, the world's biggest listed hedge fund, announced a rise in third-quarter assets under management, an acquisition and plans to buy back $100 million of shares, sending its stock as much as 17 percent higher on Friday.
- M&A: Deutsche Boerse chief seeks to reassure Frankfurt on merger plan
- Bankruptcy: Peabody wants to repay term loan early thanks to improving coal prices
- IPOs: AstraZeneca in broad drug deal with Bicycle worth up to $1 bln
- Private Capital: Chinese insurers have significant risk management deficiencies -watchdog
- Regulatory News: RPT-Wall St Week Ahead-Small banks rally pauses but may not be over yet