LONDON - A booming population, fuelled by immigration, will help Britain's economy to grow more strongly than Germany's later this decade and could drive its stock market much higher, according to one of the UK's biggest equity hedge funds.
TOKYO - Billionaire hedge fund manager Daniel Loeb says Sony Corp reminds him of Yahoo before he waged a bitter proxy fight that triggered a boardroom shake-out at the Internet company last year.
NEW YORK - One-time star money manager Philip Falcone will be barred from starting another hedge fund for two years as he winds down his existing fund and returns money to investors, under a preliminary deal with securities regulators to settle fraud and other charges that was made public on Thursday.
LAS VEGAS - Billionaire hedge fund manager Leon Cooperman listed some of his favorite stocks on Thursday and said the biggest winner of all might be mobile banking company Monitise.
NEW YORK - David Einhorn, one of the most closely followed managers in the $2 trillion hedge fund industry, had some blunt advice on Wednesday for his fellow investors: Do your own homework.
- In the past two decades, a group of specialized hedge funds have transformed corporate bankruptcies, injecting much-needed capital while at the same time drawing fire as "vultures."
NEW YORK - Hedge fund billionaire John Paulson is emerging as one of the biggest losers in this year's gold rout, further tarnishing his once legendary status in the $2 trillion hedge fund industry.
LONDON - Britain's top fraud prosecutor is likely to face serious criticism over its handling of an investigation into the $600 million collapse of one of London's oldest hedge funds, a judge said on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital has added to its investment position in Apple and is waiting for the company's "next blockbuster product," Einhorn said on Tuesday.
LONDON - Cantab Capital Partners is to close a retail investor-friendly version of its flagship hedge fund because of new European guidelines regulating investment in commodities, underlining the growing difficulty firms face in trading metals, grains and oil.
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Tesoro wins US antitrust OK to buy California BP refinery
- Bankruptcy: Treveria and Hatfield clash over defaulted German loan
- IPOs: Investors dump Double B names as rates spike higher
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Transocean chairman voted out, $2.24/shr dividend backed
- Regulatory News: Northeast Japan jolted by magnitude 5.9 quake
Ed Moisson looks at the lessons an Olympic athlete might have for money managers.
- U.S. chides Russia over missiles as peace plans suffer |
- Two blasts at Iraqi Sunni mosque kill 43
- Venezuela frees opposition activist jailed over post-vote violence
- Commuter trains collide in Connecticut, injuring up to 60 people
- All eyes on Vodafone's Colao for signs on Verizon
- Oil price probe widens, U.S. senator wants Justice Department help
- UK inquest into ex-Russian spy's death may be scrapped
- U.S. judge revives Dexia's mortgage lawsuit versus JPMorgan
- IRS chief declines to identify employees involved in scandal |
- Tesoro wins U.S. antitrust OK to buy California BP refinery