* Deal brings together Newport, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall brands
Oct 21 (IFR) - LED lighting products business Luceco debuted on the London Stock Exchange last Thursday, with its shares up almost 17% above pricing.
LONDON, Oct 21 (IFR) - Daisy called off an attempt to issue a sterling high-yield deal on Friday, in the latest sign of waning UK investor appetite for riskier debt in challenging sectors.
LONDON, Oct 21 (IFR) - Tensions will run high next week for the UK's first Gilt syndication since chaos in the currency market and concerns over a potential hard Brexit catapulted yields higher.
LONDON, Oct 21 British American Tobacco has offered to buy U.S. tobacco company Reynolds American Inc in a $47 billion deal bringing together Newport, Kent and Pall Mall cigarettes to create the U.S. market leader.
FRANKFURT, Oct 19 Four years since being taken private after two abortive mergers, British banking software firm Misys is struggling to convince investors it should be valued in line with rival Temenos as it readies to list shares in London.
* Miners will first tackle debt, then dividends (Adds shareholder comment, share price gain)
LONDON, Oct 18 Miner Glencore has increased the size of a bond buyback tender to $1.49 billion from $1.25 billion, it said on Tuesday, seeking to seize on favourable conditions to reduce its debt burden.
MOSCOW, Oct 18 Russia's gas giant Gazprom plans to hold a eurobond road show on Nov. 7 with a view to placing up to 1 billion euro ($1.10 billion) worth of bonds, sources familiar with the situation told Reuters on Tuesday.
FRANKFURT, Oct 17 Dutch chemical technology firm Avantium has mothballed plans for an initial public offering (IPO) as jittery markets deterred potential investors, two people close to the matter said.
- M&A: UPDATE 5-Bombardier to cut 7,500 more jobs through 2018, mostly in rail
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Pacific updates on status of its restructuring transaction
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Eaton Vance taking over responsible-investment manager Calvert
- Hedge Funds: Rise in assets, acquisition and buyback boost Man shares
- Regulatory News: Piech, Porsche families say united behind VW management - Spiegel