LONDON, May 25 Shares in Britain's state-backed Lloyds Banking Group rose above the level the government paid for them for the first time in 5 months on Wednesday, raising speculation the state will sell off stock to repay taxpayers who funded a bailout eight years ago.
* Sanctions uncertainty put off some big players (Adds finance minister's statement, analysts' quotes)
May 24 Britain's Shanks Group Plc is considering a bid for Van Gansewinkel Groep BV, Benelux's largest waste management company, for an undisclosed sum, the companies said.
LONDON, May 24 (IFR) - HSBC is marketing a US dollar Additional Tier 1 deal, the first from a UK bank this year and with the UK's EU referendum less than a month away.
LONDON, May 24 (IFR) - HSBC has started marketing a US dollar perpetual non-call five Additional Tier 1 bond, according to the bank.
PRAGUE, May 23 Czech miners' unions have teamed up with lignite mine owner Pavel Tykac and another investor to make on offer for New World Resources' insolvent mining subsidiary OKD, the unions said on Monday.
LONDON/AMSTERDAM, May 20 A slowdown in company listings in London due to uncertainty around the upcoming Brexit referendum could be helping European rival Amsterdam's stock market, which has seen a rise in activity this year.
DUBLIN, May 19 Ryanair plans to finance itself through cash generation in the coming months and if it continues to do so, could be debt free by 2023 when 1.7 billion euros ($1.90 billion) of recent debut bond issuance matures, its finance chief said on Thursday.
LONDON, May 19 BP intends to raise 400 million pounds ($583 million) by issuing cash-settled convertible bonds, it said on Thursday.
LONDON, May 19 British private equity firm 3i Group Plc on Thursday reported a 17 percent increase in its net asset value year-on-year to 4.5 billion pounds ($6.56 billion) and said uncertainty over Britain's referendum on the European Union would hit M&A activity and investment.
- M&A: MEDIA-Tata to complete 400 mln-pound Greybull steel deal next week -Sky News
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Moody's issues statement on New Jersey governor signing bills
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Kuwait's fast-food group Americana scraps sale to consortium
- Hedge Funds: World's biggest hedge funds lose market share
- Regulatory News: French finmin rules out Google tax deal, more firms could be targeted