Sept 22 Canyon Bridge Capital Partners, the China-backed buyout fund that was barred last week by U.S. President Donald Trump from buying a U.S. chip maker, said it would purchase British chip designer Imagination Technologies Group Plc.
Sept 22 British firm Imagination Technologies Group PLC said on Friday CBFI Investment Limited will buy the company for a price of 182 pence per share, valuing it at about 550 million pounds ($742.50 million).
* Aims to double chocolate sales by the end of 2019 (Recasts with decision not to bid for Nestle assets)
LONDON, Sept 22 Kazakhstan-focused copper miner Central Asia Metals said it would buy Bermuda-based Lynx Resources Ltd in a $402.5 million reverse-takeover deal from its owners.
* Unilever aiming for bigger spreads deal by end '17/early '18
LONDON, Sept 22 Unilever and South African investment holding company Remgro on Friday announced a 11.9 billion rand ($901 million) deal that sees Unilever trade its spreads business in southern Africa for Remgro's stake in its South African subsidiary.
WARSAW, Sept 22 U.S. bank JPMorgan Chase has chosen Warsaw to host a new global operations centre that will employ several thousand people over the next couple of years, Polish Deputy Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said on Friday.
BERLIN, Sept 22 Insolvent German airline Air Berlin has not yet exhausted a 150 million euro ($179 million) bridge loan, a spokeswoman for the Economy Ministry said on Friday.
* Talks over other Air Berlin assets to continue with others (Recasts with details from Air Berlin statement)
PARIS, Sept 21 Former Airbus UK President Paul Kahn is set to be appointed to a top sector position at Cobham Plc, helping Chief Executive David Lockwood lead a turnaround of the struggling British defence supplier, two industry sources said.
- Finance: BRIEF-CBFI to buy Imagination Technologies for 500 mln stg
- Technology: UPDATE 1-Sprint hired Trump-connected lobbyist amid deal talks
- Healthcare: Native American tribe moves to dismiss Allergan patent case
- Consumer: BRIEF-Sevcon stockholders approve acquisition by Borgwarner
- Energy: UPDATE 2-Alstom, Siemens in talks to merge rail ops
- Industrials: Potash Corp hires banks to explore sale of SQM stake - La Tercera