Mergers & Acquisitions
* Has acquired a majority stake in source eight limited ("Source8"), real estate, technology and risk management consultancy
VIENNA, Nov 26 - The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) plans to invest up to 50 million euros ($62 million) for a 20 percent stake in the Balkans network of nationalised Austrian lender Hypo Alpe Adria, it said on Wednesday.
LONDON, Nov 26 - Aviva will shut its unit that invests in external hedge funds, the British insurer said on Wednesday, joining a growing number of so-called fund of hedge funds to have closed shop or merged with rivals as clients cut out the middleman.
* To acquire 100 pct of issued shares of Tabaquite Exploration & Production Company Limited
JOHANNESBURG, Nov 26 - Carlyle Group has agreed to buy South African tyre retailer Tiger Automotive from Ethos Private Equity, Ethos said on Wednesday, the U.S. buyout firm's first deal in Africa's most developed economy.
LONDON, Nov 26 - Aviva will shut its unit that invests in external hedge funds, the British insurer said on Wednesday, part of a global trend that's seeing so-called "fund of hedge funds" closing shop or merging with others as clients cut the middleman.
(Corrects typographical error in spelling of "line" second paragraph)
JOHANNESBURG, Nov 26 - U.S. buyout firm Carlyle Group LP and the private equity arm of insurer Old Mutual have agreed to buy South African tyre retailer Tiger Automotive from Ethos Private Equity, Ethos said on Wednesday.
TEL AVIV, Nov 26 - Digital advertising firm Matomy Group, which went public in London in July, said on Wednesday its net profit in the first nine months of 2014 doubled, boosted by increased mobile, video and social media activity.
* To acquire remaining 32.3 percent of Motive Television SL, (its Spanish subsidiary), that it does not own for 600,000 euro Further company coverage: (Bangalore Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
- Finance: CORRECTED-China's Hundsun shares surge as Alibaba expands financial services holdings
- Technology: BRIEF-Comendo sells all operational activities to j2 Global Ireland
- Healthcare: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: BRIEF-Nutreco says understands Cargill evaluating situation
- Energy: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Nov. 26
- Industrials: BRIEF-Mail.Ru says Qiwi Group to acquire payment service Money.Mail.Ru