Mergers & Acquisitions
* Top shareholder Altria supports offer, No. 2 does not (Adds comments by AB InBev CEO)
WASHINGTON, Oct 7 - U.S. antitrust enforcers on Wednesday formally dropped opposition to U.S. medical technology firm Steris Corp's plan to merge with British sterilization services provider Synergy Health Plc.
LONDON, Oct 7 - Anheuser-Busch InBev Chief Executive Carlos Brito does not want to talk about making a hostile bid for rival brewer SABMiller, saying he hopes shareholders will urge the board to engage concerning the existing offer.
Oct 7 - Anheuser-Busch InBev has approached its biggest rival SABMiller with about a takeover that would form a brewing group producing a third of the world's beer.
FRANKFURT, Oct 7 - Vonovia's Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Thomas Zinnoecker, is leaving Germany's largest property group to join metering firm ista, three people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
MILAN, Oct 7 - The former head of trading at Italy's Eni, Marco Alvera, has left the company after 10 years of service, a spokeswoman for the oil major said on Wednesday.
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 7 - SABMiller's fourth largest shareholder, the Public Investment Corporation (PIC), said on Wednesday Anheuser-Busch InBev's takeover offer addressed its one of its concerns which is for SABMiller to remain listed in Johannesburg bourse.
BRUSSELS, Oct 7 - Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer, said on Wednesday it expected to have the support for its takeover offer for rival SABMiller from the Santo Domingo family, a major shareholder of the UK-based brewer.
LONDON, Oct 7 - With a $120 billion merger with Liberty Global off the table, Vodafone boss Vittorio Colao needs his strategy of higher network investments and acquisitions of European cable companies to start paying off, quickly.
* Heineken realigns ownership interests in Jamaica, Malaysia, Singapore and Ghana
- Finance: U.S. venture firms raise $4.39 billion in third quarter
- Technology: UPDATE 1-U.S. FTC may delay decision on Staples-Office Depot deal - WSJ
- Healthcare: GE combines technologies into energy efficiency company
- Consumer: US FTC may delay decision on Staples-Office Depot deal - WSJ
- Energy: UPDATE 2-Canadian Oil Sands adopts poison pill to fend off Suncor
- Industrials: Eletrobras' corruption probe zeroes in on Brazilian dams