Mergers & Acquisitions
LONDON, Aug 2 - Emirates National Oil Co Ltd (ENOC) on Sunday raised its takeover bid for Dragon Oil Plc to 800 pence per share, a price that won the backing of the oil producer's two largest minority shareholders.
LONDON, Aug 2 - Emirates National Oil Co Ltd (ENOC) on Sunday raised their takeover bid for Dragon Oil Plc to 800 pence per share - a price which won the backing of the oil producer's two largest minority shareholders.
* Shareholders question if it offers best value for taxpayers
July 31 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2015 GMT on Friday:
July 31 - HSBC Holdings Plc is nearing a sale of its Brazilian unit to Banco Bradesco SA for close to $4 billion, FT reported, citing people familiar with the talks.
MILAN, July 31 - European pay TV company Sky has agreed to buy Italy's MTV free-to-air channel from U.S. media group Viacom, a move that could pressure local market leader Mediaset.
LUSAKA, July 31 - Zambia's power supplier Copperbelt Energy Corp. (CEC) has delayed a plan to reduce electricity to mines after firms warned they would have to close processing plants and shed jobs, a CEC spokesman said on Friday.
LONDON, July 31 - Hedge funds have yet to bet on a fall in RSA shares even though they have risen about 20 percent on the possibility of a bid from Zurich Insurance , pointing to market confidence a deal will be done.
FRANKFURT, July 31 - German chemicals group BASF said on Friday it has signed a memorandum of understanding to join the group of companies intending to expand the Nord Stream pipeline to bring gas from Russia to Germany under the Baltic Sea.
LONDON, July 31 - British electricals and mobile phone retailer Dixons Carphone has agreed to sell The Phone House Portugal, further streamlining its business as it focuses on markets where it has a leading position.
- Finance: UPDATE 2-Private equity pioneer Jerome Kohlberg dies
- Technology: UPDATE 1-German auto makers agree deal to buy Nokia HERE -sources
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Caixabank CEO says no acquisitions planned outside Spain
- Consumer: German auto makers agree deal to buy Nokia HERE -sources
- Energy: Fuchs Petrolub expands in Scandinavia with acquisition
- Industrials: RPT-INSIGHT-Apple, BMW in courtship with an eye on car collaboration