Mergers & Acquisitions
* Merck says 67.5 pct of shares tendered (Adds more comment from Merck, background on deal)
FRANKFURT, April 18 - German liquid crystal maker Merck KGaA extended the offer period for its planned takeover of AZ Electronic Materials for a sixth time on Friday as it continues to seek Chinese antitrust approval.
* Says South Stream pipeline to proceed (Adds detail, quotes)
MINSK/MOSCOW, April 18 - Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko signalled to Russian potash producer Uralkali on Friday that he was interested in ending a nine-month dispute that has hurt both sides.
* Investigation by financial regulator ongoing (Adds reaction from government adviser, lawyer)
PARIS, April 17 - French cooperative group InVivo said it would strengthen ties with agricultural trading house Archer Daniels Midland through their British joint venture - grain trader Gleadell.
* Petroneft resources plc - entered into a binding agreement in respect of a 50% interest in licence 61 with oil india limited
* Group undecided over whether to inject more cash in bank (Adds comments from CEO)
* Partial disposal of interest in Living Ventures Group (LVG)
- Finance: TPG-led group to make $450 mln investment in Airbnb -source
- Technology: Comcast in talks with Charter over divestitures -source
- Healthcare: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: S&P lifts Haniel ratings outlook to "positive"
- Energy: Athabasca sells stake in oil sands project to partner PetroChina
- Industrials: AMR loses bid to terminate retiree benefits
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
- Ukraine calls 'Easter truce' as separatists hold firm |
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week
- In Damascus, Christians briefly ignore war for Easter
- Two killed in Bahrain car explosion
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Northern Ireland police arrest man in Belfast shooting
- Kidnapped French journalists found on Turkey's Syrian border |