BUENOS AIRES, Feb 23 Argentina's state-run oil company YPF SA said it reached a preliminary deal with Royal Dutch Shell Plc on Thursday to develop oil and gas assets in the Vaca Muerta shale field, involving a $300 million investment from Shell.
PARIS, Feb 23 France's Safran on Thursday rejected criticism by a UK hedge fund over a proposed $9 billion offer for Zodiac Aerospace and pledged to stand firm as a spat intensified over plans to create the world's third-largest aerospace supplier.
LONDON/PARIS, Feb 23 Hedge fund TCI Fund Management, locked in a war of words with Safran SA over the aerospace firm's proposed bid for Zodiac Aerospace SA , said on Thursday the company had no proof that its valuation of the deal made sense.
FRANKFURT, Feb 23 Buyout firm Advent International raised the stakes in a battle for German generic drugs maker Stada Arzneimittel on Thursday with a 3.6 billion euro ($3.8 billion) takeover offer, giving management until Monday to respond.
* Results ahead of consensus, shares up 2 pct (Writes through, adds shareholder comment, closing share price, related content link)
* Concerns pension treatment could eat into capital (Updates with reversal in share gains)
VILLAVERDE, Spain, Feb 23 As the only European country where carmaker PSA's production overlaps with that of Opel, Spain could deliver the quick cost savings sought by PSA boss Carlos Tavares to convince investors to back his planned acquisition of the rival brand.
NAIROBI, Feb 23 A report commissioned by Kenya's telecoms regulator recommends breaking Safaricom up into separate telecoms and financial services businesses because the firm is too dominant, Kenya's Business Daily newspaper said on Thursday.
LONDON, Feb 23 Britain's business minister Greg Clark will meet the chief executive of Peugeot on Friday as the French carmaker explores the takeover of General Motors' European division, known as Vauxhall in Britain and Opel on the continent.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 23 South Africa's Bid Corporation (Bidcorp) can tap as much as $1.2 billion for acquisitions, its finance chief said on Thursday, as the firm reported a 20.6 percent rise in half-year profit.
- Finance: UPDATE 1-Toshiba says not aware Westinghouse considering Chapter 11 filing
- Technology: HP Enterprise's revenue slips 10.4 pct
- Healthcare: BRIEF-Labcorp to acquire pathology associates medical laboratories from Providence Health & Services and Catholic Health Initiatives
- Consumer: UPDATE 2-Gildan to keep making some American Apparel styles in U.S.
- Energy: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Industrials: BRIEF-AEP and Dynegy to transfer ownership of co-owned power plants