LONDON, Dec 2 Britons desperate for faster broadband are unlikely to get it from a plan to separate the country's biggest network from BT unless the industry tackles how to pay up to 25 billion pounds ($76 billion) to upgrade to fibre-optic cables.
* Sells a 3.06 percent stake in LNG project in Indonesia to BP for capital gains of $26 million Source text for Eikon:
LONDON, Dec 2 British regulators should be given wider powers to block mergers, particularly if a company has strategic significance, after the country's exit from the European Union, Sharon White, head of communications watchdog Ofcom said.
* It has acquired 33,000 hectares of land in the Primorye region in the Russian Far East.
* Lukoil says concluded an agreement to sell its 100% stake in Arkhangelskgeoldobycha diamond mine to Otkritie Holding group for $1.45 billion in cash Further company coverage: (Reporting by Christian Lowe)
FRANKFURT, Dec 1 U.S. software management group CA Inc said on Thursday it has agreed to buy Austrian business automation firm Automic from private equity group EQT in a 600 million euro ($635 million) deal as it seeks to expand in Europe.
* New dividend policy for 2018 could add up to $1 billion more (Updates after analyst call, detail on coal hedge)
FRANKFURT, Dec 1 Normally the place to buy or sell shares in Germany's top companies, Deutsche Boerse is launching a new exchange for people to trade virtual goods from video games, tapping into a multi-billion U.S. dollar market.
MILAN, Dec 1 Italian broadcaster Mediaset said it will look for other partners for its pay-TV arm after failing to sell the unit to France's Vivendi, adding there was no contact with UK-based rival Sky at present.
- Finance: Actelion's silence has hedge funds betting big on J&J deal
- Technology: UPDATE 1-Investor Cuban to testify at Senate hearing on AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Healthcare: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: EU mergers and takeovers (Dec 2)
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Brazil's Braskem shares jump as deal in graft probe seen imminent
- Industrials: BRIEF-Highland Copper extends White Pine acquisition closing