Mergers & Acquisitions
(Adds details throughout on planned listing and potential bidders and valuation)
FRANKFURT/LONDON, Oct 22 - Private equity firms are circling Bayer's 10 billion-euro ($12.7 billion) plastics business, hoping to divert the German drugmaker's plan to list the division, two people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
* Company going through "painful" period as Advair slides
* Acquired remaining 50% of Eka Synthomer owned by Akzo Nobel
* Enterprise value approximately 700 mln euros ($887 million)
MOSCOW, Oct 22 - Russian oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Sistema has acquired a minority stake in mass-market clothing company Concept Group, increasing its exposure to the fast-growing retail market.
(Corrects headline and paragraph 1 to say Timis is chairman of African Minerals, not CEO)
* BGC commences all-cash tender offer of $5.25 a share for GFI
LONDON, Oct 22 - GlaxoSmithKline kept its dividend unchanged for the third quarter, breaking a run of steadily rising payouts, as U.S. pricing pressure on its top-selling lung drug Advair eroded sales and profit.
* Stake sale to bring 2014 EBIT gain (Adds analyst comment, valuation multiples)
- Finance: UPDATE 1-Humana looks to sell urgent care subsidiary Concentra -sources
- Technology: REFILE-UPDATE 1-US FCC pauses clock on AT&T-DirecTV, Comcast-TWC merger reviews
- Healthcare: Humana looks to sell urgent care subsidiary Concentra- sources
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Delphi Automotive looking to sell thermal unit for $1 bln - Bloomberg
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Modi takes first bite at coal to end India's power mess
- Industrials: Northrop Grumman sees rise in foreign sales to 13 pct in 2014
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.