Mergers & Acquisitions
* Opposition parties, unions urge government to reject bid (Adds RTE report on board set to recommend proposal)
LONDON, Jan 26 - Doubts grew on Monday about the validity of trades in the turmoil that followed this month's removal of the cap on the Swiss franc, with administrators of Alpari UK saying they were taking another look at the retail broker's trades.
LONDON, Jan 26 - Molson Coors UK has agreed to sell its UK maltings business Shobnall Maltings to French cooperative Soufflet Group, the two companies said in a joint statement on Monday.
Jan 26 - Old Mutual Plc said on Monday it had bought another 37.3 percent in UAP Holdings, taking its stake in the Kenyan insurer to 60.7 percent.
* Agreed to purchase a further 37.3 pct of UAP's existing share capital, thereby increasing its stake to 60.7 pct, subject to various regulatory approvals
* Note Gulfsands Petroleum Plc's announcement of 23 January 2015
Jan 26 - Jan 26 - Actavis PLC : * To acquire auden mckenzie for 306 mln gbp * Says Auden Mckenzie will be acquired on a debt free basis, and the transaction will exclude auden mckenzie's real estate portfolio * Deal includes two-year royalty on a percentage of gross profits of one of auden mckenzie's products * Says deal mmediately accretive to Actavis non-GAAP earnings * Says deal adds about 175 marketed products; pipeline of about 40 products * Says "acquisition will
* Moves signal vote of confidence in local stock markets (Recasts to lead with NMC Health, adds detail, context)
Jan 26 - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
ABU DHABI, Jan 26 - The chief executive of the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange said on Monday that most local companies which have floated on the London Stock Exchange in recent years have agreed to dual-list in the emirate.
- Finance: UPDATE 1-Caesars makes its pitch for Chicago as bankruptcy venue
- Technology: UPDATE 3-AT&T to buy NII Holdings' wireless business in Mexico
- Healthcare: PBM EnvisionRx chooses Gilead hepatitis C drugs for its formulary
- Consumer: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Energy: BRIEF-Petrotec's Board assesses takeover offer on Petrotec as positive
- Industrials: Chinese actress buys into Alibaba Pictures as it warns of losses