Mergers & Acquisitions
Jan 30 - Oil producer Afren Plc, struggling with looming debt payments, said lenders had agreed to defer a $50 million amortisation payment by a month and that it would delay the payment of a $15 million bond coupon by a month.
BRUSSELS, Jan 30 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
Jan 30 - British oil producer Afren Plc said the UK Takeover Panel extended the deadline for Nigeria's Seplat Petroleum Development Co to make a firm offer or walk away.
* Board has received consent of UK Takeover Panel for an extension to deadline until 5.00 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2015
* Announces that its consumer business, DMG Media, has acquired Elite Daily, news and entertainment website
* IAG shares reach high of 590 pence before giving up gains (Adds further reaction, writes through)
LONDON, Jan 30 - British budget airline easyJet has backed Heathrow in London's runway expansion race and said it would start flying from the capital's largest airport if the government chooses to increase its capacity.
MUMBAI, Jan 30 - India should take advantage of weak oil prices and shrinking budgets among majors to attract top flight oil services firms and improve its own skills and technology, the head of oil and mining firm Sesa Sterlite Ltd said on Friday.
LONDON, Jan 30 - With more than $110 billion of oil and gas assets on the block as companies big and small count the cost of the collapse in oil prices, it is now a question of who will blink first to set the M&A scramble in motion.
- Finance: Dish's $3 bln wireless auction discount up for U.S. regulator review
- Technology: Samsung Elec to buy Brazil printing solutions firm
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Sun Pharmaceutical wins U.S. approval to buy Ranbaxy
- Consumer: GTECH to issue bonds in euro and dollars for total of $5 bln
- Energy: BRIEF-Chevron CEO says 'dividend is highest priority' for balance sheet
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Australia state election bodes ill for Abbott government