Mergers & Acquisitions
LONDON, April 23 - The loud welcome given by investors to this week's deal for Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline to trade more than $20 billion of assets could trigger more pacts in the pharmaceuticals sector and beyond.
* Vodafone could be interested depending on regulator view
LONDON, April 23 - Lloyds Banking Group's director of operations, Mark Fisher, is leaving the bank after five years overseeing its integration of HBOS, the separation of more than 600 branches and a major cost-cutting programme.
MADRID, April 23 - Vodafone could be interested in buying Spain's fourth-largest mobile operator Yoigo once it is clear how tough the European regulator will be on tie-ups in the sector, the British firm's chief executive said.
LONDON, April 23 - Deutsche Boerse's settlement arm Clearstream has expanded its post-trade services for hedge funds by acquiring an Ireland-based business from fund administration provider Citco.
FRANKFURT, April 23 - German utility RWE is planning a 37 megawatt (MW) solar park in Britain, it said on Wednesday, expanding its presence in renewable energy, which some analysts say has been neglected by the group.
LONDON, April 23 - British engineering firm Amec said on Wednesday it was on track to meet expectations, although the strengthening of the pound against North American currencies would hit earnings.
April 23 - The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
April 23 - The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
April 23 - The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Finance: UPDATE 1-Valeant CEO "disappointed" in Allergan poison pill - CNBC
- Technology: America Movil to pay for rest of Telekom Austria
- Healthcare: UPDATE 3-South Korea's LG Household considers bid for Elizabeth Arden
- Consumer: UPDATE 3-P&G profits rise but still struggles for higher growth
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Thailand's PTTEP buys Hess assets in $1 bln deal - CEO
- Industrials: UPDATE 3-Dow Chemical expects margin growth after cost control pays
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Hamas, Abbas's PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- Car bomb kills four in Kenyan capital
- Novartis-GSK asset swap offers template for pharma and beyond
- Russia, China block Central African Republic blacklistings at U.N.
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland
- Italy's Berlusconi to start community service work next week
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- Cambodian experts deactivate mudslide minefield in Cyprus