Mergers & Acquisitions
Nov 27 UBM Plc is in the final stages of discussions to divest PR Newswire Association LLC, with Cision and Vista Equity Partners Management LLC competing to acquire the press release distributor, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
* Falciani, French citizen, was former HSBC IT workers (Adds further details)
* Fosun says analysing situation (Adds Oddo comment, context)
LONDON, Nov 27 Karin Forseke, chairwoman of embattled investment firm Alliance Trust, said on Friday she was stepping down from her role on January 1, as the company implements a major overhaul following pressure from activist investor Elliott Advisors.
* Russian state development bank VEB says it no longer owns a stake in Razgulay;
BRUSSELS, Nov 26 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* Long-mooted deal would be last big trade in shrinking market
* Seventh significant fine from UK watchdog in 6 years (Adds details)
JOHANNESBURG, Nov 25 South Africa's Competition Tribunal on Wednesday approved the purchase by London-based spirit maker Diageo of the 50 percent stake it did not have in local firm Brandhouse Beverages from beer maker Heineken .
- Finance: BTG Pactual not for sale, acting CEO Arida tells newspaper
- Technology: KPN: Movil-appointed board member leaving as Movil to sell stake
- Healthcare: RPT-Two-decade Pfizer mission pays off for Guggenheim's deal king
- Consumer: BRIEF-Xiamen Insight Investment to raise up to 5.5 bln yuan in private placement
- Energy: Halliburton refiles bid for EU approval of $35 bln Baker Hughes buy
- Industrials: PRESS DIGEST- Canada- Nov 27