Mergers & Acquisitions
* Has reached agreement to sell its Welsh hydro sites, totalling 14MW, to Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, remaining hydro sites of 3MW to H20 power limited for 20.5 mln pounds Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)
MUNICH, Dec 19 - German state-backed lender BayernLB is suing Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone for millions of euros in damages in connection with his involvement in the 2006 sale of its stake in the motor racing business.
NEW YORK, Dec 19 (IFR) - Bankers specialising in leveraged loans and high-yield bonds say 2015 will start off in a similar fashion to 2014: with the same level of confusion about how to interpret US regulators' leveraged lending guidelines that have been in force for almost two years now.
LONDON, Dec 19 - "If you don't want to play, we'll come to your country and smash you to bits," Mike Ashley, the billionaire founder of British retailer Sports Direct said earlier this year.
LONDON, Dec 19 - Large oil companies flush with cash are expected to seize on the recent collapse in oil prices to begin a shopping spree for smaller rivals, focusing on oil producers and explorers in Africa, Asia and the United States.
Dec 19 - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Centrica sells 50 pct interest in Barrow Offshore Wind Farm
* It agreed and completed sale of its 21.75 pct holding in Thailand insurer Syn Mun Kong to Leapfrog Thailand Holdings Ltd and Mindo Asia Investments Ltd
* At request of Bidco, applied to london stock exchange for cancellation of trading in Daisy shares on aim
* Recommended cash offer through which IPF will acquire entire issued and to be issued share capital of MCB
- Finance: Cirque du Soleil hires Goldman Sachs to look for partner
- Technology: CME Group fines three firms for automated trading violations
- Healthcare: UPDATE 2-Alstom to absorb U.S. bribery fine despite GE sale
- Consumer: UPDATE 6-China's Fosun raises offer for Club Med
- Energy: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Industrials: RPT-Citi buys Credit Suisse commodities trading book