Mergers & Acquisitions
LONDON, Nov 28 - Songbird Estates, the majority owner of London's Canary Wharf, said an upturn in property markets means it is now worth 2.82 billion pounds ($4.42 billion), more than the takeover offer from Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) and Brookfield Property Partners .
* Has exchanged contracts on Tesco distribution warehouse in Touchet Hall Road, Middleton, Manchester for 22.45 million stg
MADRID, Nov 28 - The chairman of Spain's Telefonica has said the company is seeking a "global alliance" with Britain's BT with cash and shares in exchange for Telefonica unit O2, a spokesman for Telefonica confirmed on Friday.
* Scheme document with further information about offer and general meeting of Spirit shareholders to approve offer will be published by no later than Dec 24, 2014
LONDON, Nov 28 - Songbird Estates, the majority owner of London's Canary Wharf, has had discussions with Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) and Brookfield Property Partners on a takeover offer but received no further proposal, it said on Friday.
Nov 28 - Karachi-based Meezan Bank Ltd has received regulatory approval to study the acquisition of the Pakistani unit of HSBC Bank Oman, the sharia-compliant lender said in a bourse filing on Friday.
TOKYO, Nov 28 - Global private equity firm CVC Capital Partners Ltd said on Friday it has agreed to buy about 50 percent of Arteria Networks, a telecommunications subsidiary of Japanese trading house Marubeni Corp, for about $150 million.
* Says Glencore could keep pursuing Rio Tinto (Adds comments on Glencore pursuit of Rio Tinto, changes date)
* Rio shares rise 1.8 pct in weaker market (Adds CEO comments)
Nov 28 - The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Finance: UPDATE 2-S.Korea fails to sell controlling stake in Woori Bank again
- Technology: Germany backs Blackberry's purchase of Secusmart
- Healthcare: Medtronic wins conditional EU approval for $43 bln Covidien buy
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Energy: Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Malaysia Airlines posts worst quarterly loss since end-2011