Mergers & Acquisitions
MILAN, Dec 10 - Italy's struggling airline Alitalia has finally succeeded in netting the 300 million euros ($412 million) it needs to keep flying over Christmas after a long drawn-out capital raising, a source with knowledge of the operation said on Tuesday.
MADRID, Dec 10 - Spain's main cable operator Ono is considering an initial public offering for some of its shares in the first half of 2014, two sources with knowledge of the matter said, a move which could speed up consolidation in the pressured Spanish telecom sector.
LONDON, Dec 10 - Lloyds Bank boosted its capital by 685 million pounds ($1.1 billion) through the sale of its remaining stake in wealth manager St James's Place, raising expectations it can start paying dividends again.
* Eyes 15 pct annual pretax opg profit growth to 2017 in Asian unit
LONDON, Dec 10 - Whitbread said it was on track to meet full-year expectations as growing demand at its Premier Inn hotels and Costa Coffee chains helped deliver a strong rise in third quarter sales.
LONDON, Dec 10 - Lloyds Banking Group said it raised 680 million pounds from the sale of its remaining 21 percent stake in wealth manager St James's Place, bolstering its capital to help meet tougher new rules.
LONDON, Dec 10 - Britain's biggest hotel and coffee shop operator Whitbread said it was on track to meet full-year expectations as it posted a strong rise in third quarter sales.
Dec 10 - The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Dec 10 - The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Dec 9 - The world's third-biggest retailer Tesco Plc has bought a small stake in Lazada, the Southeast Asian online retail company said on Monday.
- Finance: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Technology: Cellcom, Pelephone to share Israeli 4G network costs
- Healthcare: Covidien buys camera-in-a-pill maker Given Imaging for $860 mln
- Consumer: UPDATE 3-U.S. exits GM stake in $10 billon loss for taxpayers
- Energy: Israel passes law to break up big conglomerates
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Poland's LOT agrees compensation with Boeing over Dreamliners
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |
- October industrial output rises, trade deficit wider than expected |
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Ukraine protesters hold firm, defy riot police |
- London's Canary Wharf submits plan for 3,100 homes
- Prudential sets 'aggressive' growth targets for 2017
- Dutch couple held hostage released in Yemen - state tv
- Lloyds Bank boosts capital through St James's Place sale
- Insight - Sweden rethinks pioneering school reforms, private equity under fire
- China's 2014 growth in focus as leaders met on reform plans |