Mergers & Acquisitions
MADRID, Oct 31 - Spanish bank Santander's stake in its Brazilian unit will rise to 88.3 percent, it said on Friday, after it offered to buy out minority shareholders last month in an effort to turn around the underperforming subsidiary.
BRIEF-Groupe Steria and UK cabinet office JV awarded contract for UK Ministry of Justice and Home Office
* Says Shared Services Connected Limited (SSCL), its joint venture with UK cabinet office, was awarded shared services contract for UK Ministry of Justice and Home Office
Oct 31 - Martin & Co (Uk) Ltd :
ISTANBUL, Oct 31 - Turkey's capital markets board said late on Thursday it had approved plans by British insurer Aviva Plc and Turkish conglomerate Sabanci Holding to float a stake in their Turkish joint venture pension unit Avivasa.
ISTANBUL, Oct 31 - Turkey's capital markets board said late on Thursday it had approved plans by British insurer Aviva PLC and Turkish conglomerate Sabanci Holding to float a stake in their Turkish joint venture pension unit Avivasa.
* KPN receives regulatory approval for full control of Reggefiber
Oct 30 - New York and federal energy regulators will hold a conference on Nov. 5 to discuss power grid capacity and infrastructure improvements that could help attract investments, the New York Public Service Commission said Thursday.
LONDON, Oct 30 - A joint venture by private equity firm Carlyle Group and oil trader Vitol is looking to buy more midstream and downstream assets in Europe, including at least one refinery and storage facilities, the head of the venture said.
ROME, Oct 30 - Ryanair, Europe's largest low-cost airline, is in the second round of bidders to take over loss-making Cyprus Airways, Chief Executive Michael O'Leary said on Thursday.
* Group goal is to generate 50 percent of sales online (Writes through, adds detail, Bazin and analyst comments)
- Finance: RPT-Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest - Oct 31
- Technology: BRIEF-Pros Holdings launches squeeze-out for outstanding Cameleon Software shares
- Healthcare: More investor activism expected, but returns likely lower -survey
- Consumer: Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest- Oct 31
- Energy: Karoon plans $150 mln Brazil oil-well drilling plan, seeks partner
- Industrials: Weyerhaeuser reports higher third-quarter profit