Mergers & Acquisitions
Oct 30 - New York and federal energy regulators will hold a conference on Nov. 5 to discuss power grid capacity and infrastructure improvements that could help attract investments, the New York Public Service Commission said Thursday.
LONDON, Oct 30 - A joint venture by private equity firm Carlyle Group and oil trader Vitol is looking to buy more midstream and downstream assets in Europe, including at least one refinery and storage facilities, the head of the venture said.
ROME, Oct 30 - Ryanair, Europe's largest low-cost airline, is in the second round of bidders to take over loss-making Cyprus Airways, Chief Executive Michael O'Leary said on Thursday.
* Group goal is to generate 50 percent of sales online (Writes through, adds detail, Bazin and analyst comments)
* LS completes sale of Bristol partnership stake Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Net income down 16.5 pct on forex losses, expansion costs
* Board has sought consent of takeover panel for an extension to deadline in order to further explore each of proposals
* Equity holding gives Trafigura supply security-analysts
(Adds background, detail, CEO comment, analyst, share price)
- Finance: Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest- Oct 31
- Technology: UPDATE 1-U.S. judge tosses Paramount movie financing fraud case after trial
- Healthcare: More investor activism expected, but returns likely lower -survey
- Consumer: RadioShack lender Salus seekS to add debt holdings -Bloomberg
- Energy: Karoon plans $150 mln Brazil oil-well drilling plan, seeks partner
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Taiwan shipbuilder, Lockheed Martin to build minesweepers for navy