Mergers & Acquisitions
* Exor says confident its bid will prevail (Adds Exor statement, Sandell Asset Mgmt comments)
* says agrees to buy minority stake in Camper & Nicholsons International via capital injection, no sum disclosed
MILAN, May 22 - The owners of Istituto Centrale Banche Popolari (ICBPI) have picked a consortium comprising private equity funds CVC Capital Partners and Permira as preferred bidder to buy the Italian banking services provider, several sources close to the matter said.
LONDON, May 22 - French bank BNP Paribas is reviewing its global markets business in London in an attempt to cut costs and improve its profitability, a person familiar with the matter said on Friday.
PARIS, May 22 - French insurer AXA said on Friday it was cutting its exposure to the coal industry, pulling out of investments worth 500 million euros ($552.7 million).
* On 18th May 2015 it acquired Stepac Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) business from DS Smith for 18.0 million stg, subject to typical post-closing adjustments Further company coverage: [JMAT.L SMDS.L]
* Received unconditional competition clearance in relation to Duropack business deal from all of relevant authorities Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* For acquisition of two extrusion coatings plants located in Pietarsaari, Finland and Wroclaw, Polan
BRUSSELS, May 22 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
HONG KONG/LONDON, May 22 - HSBC Holdings Plc is exploring the sale of its Brazilian unit after interest in the business stepped up and Santander's Brazilian arm said it would consider a purchase.
- Finance: Citigroup selling retail online FX trading platform to FXCM, Saxo Bank
- Technology: Microsoft, Salesforce held "significant" talks this spring - CNBC
- Healthcare: UK watchdog says Reckitt's K-Y buy could hurt competition
- Consumer: Monsanto's move on Syngenta could mean move away from glyphosate
- Energy: Tofas says output restarts after Turkish labour dispute
- Industrials: Enbridge can expand Canadian crude movements to US Gulf Coast-exec