MUMBAI, Oct 21 India's telecoms regulator on Friday recommended the top three network operators be fined a combined 30.5 billion rupees ($455 million), saying they were denying new entrant Reliance Jio sufficient interconnection points.
MONTREAL, Oct 21 Canadian plane and train maker Bombardier Inc on Friday announced it was cutting another 7,500 jobs as it tries to right its ailing rail division following years of delays and budget overruns in its aerospace business.
HELSINKI, Oct 21 Finland's second-largest retailer Kesko is in talks to sell its food retailing business in Russia to hypermarket group Lenta just four years after opening its first food store in the country.
* Deal brings together Newport, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall brands
MUMBAI, Oct 21 India's telecoms regulator on Friday recommended the country's top three network operators be fined a combined 30.5 billion rupees ($456 million) after it found they were denying new entrant Reliance Jio sufficient interconnection points.
BRUSSELS, Oct 21 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
SAO PAULO, Oct 21 Brazil's Cosan SA and Royal-Dutch Shell are in advanced talks to define the ownership of their joint venture Raizen formed in 2011, according to a story published in the Valor Economico newspaper on Friday
LONDON, Oct 21 (IFR) - Daisy called off an attempt to issue a sterling high-yield deal on Friday, in the latest sign of waning UK investor appetite for riskier debt in challenging sectors.
* Several members to switch to midstream advisory (Adds details of current activities)
PARIS, Oct 21 Britain's Burberry and U.S. firm Coach > are not in active merger talks, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday, in reaction to a report that suggested the two fashion companies were considering a tie-up.
- Finance: BRIEF-Monster Worldwide comments on MediaNews Group's letter and presentation
- Technology: EU regulators want to know if LinkedIn data is unique - sources
- Healthcare: BRIEF-Alere shareholders approve merger with Abbott
- Consumer: BRIEF-Altra agrees to buy Stromag
- Energy: HollyFrontier in the lead to acquire Petro-Canada lubricants -sources
- Industrials: SunEdison creditors launch lawsuit against lenders in bankruptcy battle