Mergers & Acquisitions
LONDON, May 23 - British defence technology company QinetiQ Group could sell its U.S. services division after a 256 million pound ($385 million) writedown prompted it to launch a strategic review of the business.
CONAKRY, May 22 - The government of Guinea said on Wednesday it has given approval to BHP Billiton and Global Alumina to sell their stake in a bauxite and alumina project to Dubai Aluminium Co (Dubal) and Mubadala Development Co.
BRUSSELS, May 23 - Belgian postal operator bpost will list a minority stake, currently held by private equity group CVC Funds, on the Brussels stock exchange, the group said on Thursday.
May 23 - Struggling British carrier Flybe Group Plc said it would sell some slots at London Gatwick Airport to easyJet Plc and push back the delivery of 16 new aircraft by three to four years to help it return to profitability.
LONDON, May 23 - Britain's BTG said it would make two acquisitions, one extending its expertise in liver cancer and the other a treatment for severe blood clots, to create an interventional medicine business with potential sales of $1 billion.
LONDON, May 23 - Bank Muscat SAOG : * Bankmuscat (s.a.o.g) - bmi bank,bahrain and al salam bank proposed merger
May 23 - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
LONDON, May 23 - Advanced Power Components PLC : * Acquisition and institutional placing * To acquire the remaining 49% of the issued share capital that it does not
LONDON, May 23 - Parkmead Group PLC : * The) - offer for lochard energy group plc
- Finance: Deals of the day -- mergers and acquisitions
- Technology: SoftBank would appoint "security director" to Sprint board
- Healthcare: BRIEF-BTG to buy targeted therapies arm of Nordion
- Consumer: Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Energy: Deals of the day -- mergers and acquisitions
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Lufthansa, United win EU approval for revenue-sharing pact
- PM seeks answers after soldier hacked to death
- First-quarter economic growth unrevised at 0.3 percent
- Flybe quits Gatwick as part of turnaround plan
- Lloyds raises 450 million pounds from St. James's Place share sale
- Kerry begins round of talks with Israel, Palestinians
- EU's Barnier wants big companies to reveal national tax bills
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity, capacity unclear
- Exclusive: China urbanisation plan hits roadblock over spending fears - sources
- Roadside bomb kills 13 in southwest Pakistan |
- IMF's Lagarde in court for French arbitration case