Mergers & Acquisitions
FRANKFURT, Oct 6 - Deutsche Bahn has hired investment bank Lazard to explore options for its Arriva passenger transport business, including a possible stock market listing.
LONDON, Oct 5 - If brewing giant Anheuser-Busch InBev buys SABMiller, it will likely force its centralised and standardised operating model on a business known for regional independence.
FRANKFURT, Oct 6 - German rail operator Deutsche Bahn has mandated investment bank Lazard to explore options for its Arriva passenger transport business as it seeks to raise money for investments in an increasingly competitive market, two people familiar with the matter said.
LONDON, Oct 6 - Former Citigroup Chief Executive Vikram Pandit has taken a stake in London-based currency transfer startup Transferwise, adding to his portfolio of financial technology investments.
* SAB rejects informal offer of slightly over 40 stg/share -report
* Shares in Aquarius surge more than 40 pct (Adds analyst, CEO comment)
* Euskaltel to make 255 million euros share issue (Recasts with changed terms, adds detail and background throughout; also changes story title to RCABLE-M&A/EUSKATEL)
Oct 6 - South Africa's Sibanye Gold has no plans to cut jobs and will keep its dividend policy unchanged after its offer to acquire Aquarius Platinum for $294 million, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
OSLO, Oct 6 - Norwegian power group Statkraft has decided to build a small onshore wind power farm in Scotland, it said on Tuesday.
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 6 - South Africa's Sibanye Gold has offered to acquire Aquarius Platinum for $294 million, its latest thrust into the platinum sector which has been hammered by falling prices and rising costs.
- Finance: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Technology: BRIEF-Cegedim announces signature of acquisition protocole for Nightingale activities
- Healthcare: UPDATE 2-AmerisourceBergen to buy PharMEDium for $2.58 bln
- Consumer: UPDATE 2-New VW CEO tells staff to brace for "massive cutbacks"
- Energy: UPDATE 2-Freeport trims board, reviews oil and gas; shares jump
- Industrials: Freeport says reviewing options for oil and gas business