Mergers & Acquisitions
DUBAI, May 21 - Chevron Corp is in advanced talks to sell most of its downstream assets in Egypt and Pakistan, three sources said, with the planned disposals seen raising around $300 million for the U.S. oil major.
LONDON, May 21 - Vodafone boss Vittorio Colao staked his reputation on selling the group's prized stake in U.S. operator Verizon Wireless at the right time and right price, saying on Tuesday he would not bow to pressure to do any deal.
PARIS/MILAN May 21 - Italian fashion house Giorgio Armani on Tuesday said it had not seen a slowdown, even in China, the industry's main engine of growth, where rivals noted more muted demand in recent months.
* Fiat Industrial paid 36 pct effective rate in Italy in 2012
LONDON, May 21 - Sarantel Group PLC : * Determined that a sale of the operating business would be in the best
LONDON, May 21 - Vodafone said on Tuesday that it was very comfortable with its successful U.S. joint venture Verizon Wireless, but if an offer materialized that would benefit it more than the status quo, it would consider it.
LONDON, May 21 - Britain's Royal Mail more than doubled annual profit on the back of an online shopping boom, providing a timely boost as it plans for a stock market listing this year.
NEW DELHI, May 21 - A planned initial public offering of Vodafone Group Plc's Indian unit is unlikely this year, the unit's Chief Executive Marten Pieters said in New Delhi on Tuesday.
COPENHAGEN, May 21 - Novo A/S, the holding company of Danish insulin producer Novo Nordisk, on Tuesday said it had acquired Norwegian-based Xellia Pharmaceuticals for about $700 million.
LONDON, May 21 - Green Dragon Gas Ltd : * Strategic review * Continuation of shareholder value focused business plan to monetize upstream
- Finance: MOVES- M&G Investments, Milton Group, BCS Financial Group
- Technology: France Tel to invest up to 50 mln eur in Dailymotion -report
- Healthcare: CORRECTED-Deals of the day -- mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Philip Morris to buy out Carlos Slim's stake in Mexican JV
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Laredo Petroleum exits Anadarko Basin with $438 mln sale
- Industrials: EU mergers and takeovers (May 21)
- Ireland rejects blame for Apple's low tax rate
- Exclusive - EU says Chinese FTA possible, but wants market opening
- Rafsanjani, Ahmadinejad ally barred from Iran election - report
- Britain asks EU to put Hezbollah armed wing on terror list
- Bank of Canada's Carney says Europe needs big reforms
- Dimon keeps JPMorgan chairman title after bruising battle
- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls |
- Syrian foes move towards talks but fighting rages
- Bombings in Iraq kill at least 12
- Scotland says better off without Britain, but with the pound