Mergers & Acquisitions
* To build cash before returning capital to shareholders (Adds CEO comments)
MELBOURNE, Nov 24 - BHP Billiton stepped up its cost-cutting plans on Monday as the world's biggest miner battles a sharp slide in iron ore, coal and oil prices.
Nov 23 - Italy's retail bank Intesa SanPaolo is looking at a possible bid for Coutts International, the wealth management arm of Royal Bank of Scotland, the Financial Times reported.
MILAN, Nov 23 - Italy's biggest retail bank Intesa Sanpaolo is considering making a bid for Coutts, the wealth management arm of Royal Bank of Scotland, the Financial Times said on Sunday.
* Deal to boost Friends' shares, may deter dividend hunters
Nov 21 - Visa Inc, the world's largest credit and debit card company, said it might have to pay more than $10 billion to buy its London-based European licensee, Visa Europe Ltd, if its owners exercise their option to sell it.
* Board of Friends Life has indicated will recommend offer
(Repeats story to additional clients with new story name, text unchanged)
VANCOUVER, Nov 21 - Korea Gas Corp, one of the world's top liquefied natural gas buyers, is looking to sell down some of its stake in the up to C$40 billion ($35.6 billion) LNG Canada project, a spokeswoman for the project said.
* Boards of Aviva and Friends Life note recent press speculation and confirm that they have reached agreement on key financial terms of a possible all-share combination
- Finance: Sweden's Wallenberg dynasty prepares for sixth generation
- Technology: The top films at the North American box office
- Healthcare: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: Chinese developer Dalian Wanda plans more than 150 hotels by 2018 - Xinhua
- Energy: Global M&A deals cross $3 trln for first time since 2007
- Industrials: CORRECTED-Under Modi, Israel and India forge deeper business ties