Mergers & Acquisitions
July 31 - The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
July 30 - Barrick Gold Corp agreed on Thursday to sell 50 percent of its Zaldivar copper mine in Chile to copper miner Antofagasta Plc for $1 billion in cash, and both parties stressed that this was just the start of more cooperation.
July 30 - Bellisio Foods Inc, a U.S. maker and distributor of frozen meals sold under the Boston Market and Chili's brands, is exploring a sale it hopes could value it as much as $800 million, including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
July 30 - Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc has reached out to potential bidders, including InterContinental Hotels Group Plc and Wyndham Worldwide Corp, after deciding to explore a sale, according to people familiar with the matter.
July 30 - Barrick Gold Corp said on Thursday it has reached an agreement to sell 50 percent of its Zaldivar copper mine in Chile to Chile-focused miner Antofagasta Plc for just over $1 billion in cash.
BRUSSELS, July 30 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
BRUSSELS, July 30 - European Union antitrust regulators will decide by Sept. 2 whether to approve Royal Dutch Shell's planned 47 billion pound ($73.25 billion) buy of BG Group to become the world's top liquefied natural gas company.
* Board of directors of IHG states that it is not in talks with Starwood with a view to a combination of businesses.
July 30 - U.S.-listed auto parts supplier Delphi Automotive is buying British cable equipment maker HellermannTyton Group for about 1.1 billion pounds ($1.7 billion) as it seeks to capitalise on the growing connected-car market.
- Finance: UPDATE 2-NBCUniversal close to investing in BuzzFeed - source
- Technology: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Abbott strikes deals with heart valve replacement companies
- Consumer: Japan's Seven & i, Fast Retailing plan broad tie-up - source
- Energy: BRIEF-M&A may pick up if current prices persist-Conoco CEO
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Expedia beats Wall Street view, shares rise