Mergers & Acquisitions
LONDON, Dec 21 - Insurance and reinsurance company XL Group has finalised a 2.53 billion pound ($3.95 billion) takeover of Catlin Group Ltd, operator of the biggest syndicate in the Lloyd's of London insurance market, the Sunday Times reported, citing a source close to XL.
LONDON, Dec 21 - Chief executives got their deal-making confidence back in 2014, emboldened by a clearer outlook for their businesses to take the global value for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to their highest annual level since 2007.
FRANKFURT, Dec 20 - The owners of Urenco are testing the market to gauge investor interest in the uranium enrichment company, said Uwe Beckmeyer, parliamentary state secretary in the German economy and energy ministry.
STOCKHOLM, Dec 20 - U.S. Pfizer is unlikely to come back with a fresh bid for AstraZeneca, the Anglo-Swedish pharmaceuticals group's top executive was quoted as saying by Swedish business daily Dagens Industri on Saturday.
* Has reached agreement to sell its Welsh hydro sites, totalling 14MW, to Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, remaining hydro sites of 3MW to H20 power limited for 20.5 mln pounds Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)
MUNICH, Dec 19 - German state-backed lender BayernLB is suing Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone for millions of euros in damages in connection with his involvement in the 2006 sale of its stake in the motor racing business.
NEW YORK, Dec 19 (IFR) - Bankers specialising in leveraged loans and high-yield bonds say 2015 will start off in a similar fashion to 2014: with the same level of confusion about how to interpret US regulators' leveraged lending guidelines that have been in force for almost two years now.
LONDON, Dec 19 - "If you don't want to play, we'll come to your country and smash you to bits," Mike Ashley, the billionaire founder of British retailer Sports Direct said earlier this year.
LONDON, Dec 19 - Large oil companies flush with cash are expected to seize on the recent collapse in oil prices to begin a shopping spree for smaller rivals, focusing on oil producers and explorers in Africa, Asia and the United States.
Dec 19 - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Finance: Capital hike, asset sales to fill gap at Monte Paschi -chairman
- Technology: UPDATE 2-U.S. judge rejects HP settlement in Autonomy shareholder case
- Healthcare: REFILE-Madison Dearborn in the lead to take over Walgreen unit -sources
- Consumer: Kentucky county passes ordinance that hits at power of unions
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Hovensa refinery deal rejected over contract breach doubts
- Industrials: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions