Mergers & Acquisitions
BRUSSELS, March 11 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
BRUSSELS, March 11 - Belgian chemicals group Solvay and Swiss-headquartered INEOS said it had come up with a new package to resolve EU competition concerns over their planned PVC joint venture, with a final decision by the European Commission due by May 16.
LONDON, March 11 - Euan Sutherland, the man tasked with rescuing Britain's 170-year old Co-operative Group , quit on Tuesday and warned it was impossible to reform the mutually owned company unless its directors adopted a more commercial approach.
LONDON/ABUJA, March 11 - Nigerian oil company Seplat plans to raise at least $500 million by selling shares on the London and Lagos stock exchanges to pay down debt and snap up assets being sold by energy majors in Africa's largest oil producing nation, the company said.
LUSAKA, March 11 - Standard Chartered's private equity arm has acquired a quarter of Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc for $57 million, its first investment in the growing African power industry.
Lusaka, March 11 - Standard Chartered's private equity arm has acquired around a quarter of Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc for $57 million, its first such investment in the growing African power industry.
LONDON, March 11 - Britain's Co-operative Group's chief executive Euan Sutherland has offered to resign in a letter in which he describes the member-owned group as "ungovernable", the BBC reported on Tuesday.
March 11 - The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Finance: Blackstone buys most of Accuvant, valuing firm at about $225 mln
- Technology: Alibaba to buy control of ChinaVision for $804 mln
- Healthcare: UPDATE 3-China launches private bank pilot programme
- Consumer: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Energy: UPDATE 5-Chevron cuts production outlook, raises oil price view
- Industrials: S.Korea's Hanwha picks Credit Suisse to advise on Dow Chemical chlorine buys
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Labour says to hold British EU vote only if more powers move to Brussels
- Special Report - How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money
- Beware Bitcoin - U.S. brokerage regulator
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- ECB to take tough stance in health check on banks
- Defence lawyer tries to discredit U.S. witness against bin Laden relative
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee
- Italian parliament inches towards approving electoral reform
- Bank of England announces shake-up as it probes FX case