Mergers & Acquisitions
July 3 - New Credit Suisse AG Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam has told a Swiss newspaper he wants quick action to implement results of strategic review he is conducting at the Swiss bank.
BRUSSELS, July 3 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* TV3 group's shareholder Doughty Hanson has agreed terms for its sale to UPC, a subsidiary of Liberty Global Plc , for 80 million euro
* UK banks must "ring-fence" units to protect savers, taxpayers
FRANKFURT, July 3 - Tour operator TUI Group has sold its 50 percent stake in Greek hotel chain Grecotel to its partner, saying on Friday the move was part of a strategy to focus more on its own brand.
AMSTERDAM, July 3 - British private equity firm Apax is close to a 450 million euro ($499 million) deal to buy RFS Holland Holding, a major operator of online retailers in the Netherlands, Dutch newspaper Financieele Dagblad reported on Friday.
* Robust IPO activity helps co raise 61.7 bln euros (Adds details, analyst comment, share move)
July 3 - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers on Friday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
LONDON/NEW YORK, July 3 (IFR) - Corporates needing to raise some US$50bn of funding to finance M&A transactions in the coming months are seeing their options narrow amid renewed market volatility and dwindling investment returns that has made the buyside more cautious.
- Finance: UPDATE 2-MOVES-Blackstone hires Liping Zhang as Greater China chairman -sources
- Technology: UPDATE 1-Aetna's Humana deal to bring scrutiny on other insurer tie-ups -experts
- Healthcare: Aetna's Humana deal to bring scrutiny on other insurer tie-ups -experts
- Consumer: Fiat Chrysler CEO says no news on approach to GM but consolidation good
- Energy: PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - July 3
- Industrials: German minister backs K+S's Potash bid rejection