Mergers & Acquisitions
LONDON/STOCKHOLM, Aug 29 - Norway's second-biggest cable operator Get expects to receive binding offers from Denmark's TDC and two private equity funds in a sale that could value the company at around 1.4 billion euros ($1.84 billion) including debt, sources familiar with the situation said.
LONDON, Aug 29 - Norway's second-biggest cable operator Get expects to receive binding offers from Denmark's TDC and two heavyweight private equity funds in a sale that could value the company at around 1.4 billion euros ($1.84 billion) including debt, several sources familiar with the situation said.
PARIS/LONDON/MILAN, Aug 29 - Telecom Italia has lost a promising path to earnings growth by failing to secure Brazilian broadband business GVT and may now turn from hunter to hunted in a fast-consolidating telecoms industry.
BERLIN, Aug 29 - Telefonica Deutschland has received final clearance from the European Commission to buy the German business of Dutch peer KPN to create Germany's largest telecoms operator in terms of customers.
Aug 29 - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Aug 29 - British satellite company Inmarsat Plc said it received dues of $9.1 million from U.S. mobile network company LightSquared, but added there was significant uncertainty of any further payments from the bankrupt company.
* Could "play active role" in industry consolidation (Adds CEO comment, shares, industry context)
* Announcing significant expansion of US specialty capabilities and merger of JLT Specialty Ltd and Lloyd & Partners Ltd
* To sell 24 smaller interests in non-core wells for us$240,750, 190% increase on us$83,000 value assigned to combined proved and developed producing reserves (`pdp') of these wells Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 29 - Malaysia's Felda Global Ventures Holdings Bhd, the world's third-largest palm oil plantation operator, plans to buy Asian Plantations Ltd (APL) for 628 million ringgit ($199 million).
- Finance: UPDATE 1-Carlyle Group to pay $115 mln to settle collusion suit -source
- Technology: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Iliad will hit sales, mobile targets early - CFO
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Fiat-Chrysler sees New York stock market listing on Oct 13
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Athabasca Oil completes Dover stake sale to PetroChina unit
- Industrials: Porter may sell and lease back Toronto airport terminal
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.