Mergers & Acquisitions
NEW YORK, Oct 24 - A former Bank of New York Mellon Corp employee on Friday pleaded guilty to insider trading based on tips from a former Merck & Co Inc employee about potential pharmaceutical mergers.
NEW YORK, Oct 24 - A former Bank of New York Mellon Corp trader on Friday pleaded guilty to insider trading based on tips from a former Merck & Co Inc employee about potential pharmaceutical mergers.
* Court meeting and EGM (convened for 28 October 2014) are to be adjourned indefinitely Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Abhiram Nandakumar in Bangalore)
Oct 24 - Banana producer Chiquita Brands International Inc said it would start takeover talks with Brazil's Grupo Cutrale and Safra Group after its shareholders voted against its proposed merger with Irish rival Fyffes Plc.
* Fyffes announces termination of transaction agreement with Chiquita
* Q3 earnings jump 60 pct, raises full-year forecast again
* Cider maker seeking to enter British pub market (Adds source says C&C bid much less than 115 pence)
Oct 24 - Chiquita Brands International Inc said Brazilian juice maker Grupo Cutrale and investment firm Safra Group's sweetened offer was not superior to its proposed merger with Irish rival Fyffes Plc, which the banana producer's shareholders will put to a vote on Friday.
- Finance: COLUMN-New details in Allergan anti-takeover campaign: Frankel
- Technology: HP seeking buyers for corporate-networking business in China - WSJ
- Healthcare: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-U.S. appeals court rules for GM over Spyker's Saab sale
- Energy: UPDATE 2-Encana deal spurs Cenovus to eye sale of freehold lands
- Industrials: Pentagon official upbeat on streamlining U.S. military acquisitions
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.