Mergers & Acquisitions
MOSCOW, Sept 1 - President Vladimir Putin said on Monday that he welcomed the idea of Chinese investors joining the Vankor oil project led by Russia's Rosneft.
LONDON, Sept 1 - Len Blavatnik's investment group Access Industries made a bid to take sports rights group Perform private on Monday, sending Perform shares soaring back to their flotation price after a bumpy three-year ride.
* Board reiterates its confidence in Perform Group's standalone strategy and growth prospects Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Sept 1 - Investment group Access Industries said on Monday it planned to buy out the rest of sports rights group Perform that it did not already own for 410 million pounds ($681 million).
* Disposal of group's wholly owned subsidiary, Imperial Tankers, to Suttons Transport Group for a cash consideration of £26.9m Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
MADRID, Sept 1 - Spain's Caixabank said on Monday that its acquisition of Barclays' retail and corporate banking operations in the country would bring around 150 million euros ($197 million) in gross cost savings by 2016.
Sept 1 - The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
SYDNEY, Sept 1 - Australia's flagship airline, Qantas Airways Ltd, is making a mint helping other companies keep their customers - even as it struggles to retain the loyalty of its own.
MADRID, Aug 31 - Barclays is selling its Spanish retail and corporate banking operations to Caixabank , the two companies said on Sunday, as the British bank starts shrinking its struggling European divisions as part of a major overhaul.
MADRID, Aug 31 - Spain's Caixabank has agreed to buy the Spanish retail and corporate banking units of Britain's Barclays, plus its wealth management operations in the country, for 800 million euros ($1.05 billion), it said on Sunday.
- Finance: Israeli real estate investor Gazit-Globe Q2 profit jumps
- Technology: Iliad says still working on T-Mobile US acquisition
- Healthcare: EU decision on Zimmer's $13.4 bln Biomet deal expected by Oct. 3
- Consumer: UPDATE 2-South Africa's Bidvest considers London listing for food busines
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Athabasca Oil completes Dover stake sale to PetroChina unit
- Industrials: Borealis buys rest of Dutch plant from DuPont
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.