Mergers & Acquisitions
* Shares rise as much as 5 percent (Adds CEO comment; updates share move)
* Anti-PD-L1 product and three other drugs into Phase III
* Disposal of Miller Pattison insulation contracting business
* Q1 underlying sales up 3.6 pct vs 3.3 pct analyst forecast
* Like-for-like sales ahead of guidance (Adds more results, background)
LONDON, April 24 - European shares resumed their rise on Thursday, boosted by mergers and acquisitions activity and upbeat updates from electrical gear maker Schneider Electric and oil services group Technip among others.
* Move would hand unions more control - Conservatives (Adds reaction from Conservative Party)
SINGAPORE, April 24 - Standard Chartered on Thursday named Tom Willett as its new global head of mergers and acquisitions from June 1 to replace current head Andrew Suckling, who is taking a 12-month sabbatical.
* Says demand from miners seems to be bottoming out (Adds details on mining demand, CEO comment)
LONDON, April 24 - AstraZeneca is looking to partner or sell its anti-infective and neuroscience drugs, since these products are no longer core areas for the British drugmaker, its chief executive said on Thursday.
- Finance: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Technology: America Movil says no target stake for Telekom Austria
- Healthcare: UPDATE 2-Zimmer to buy Biomet in $13.35 bln deal
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Sri Lanka opposition protest to block Packer's casino plans
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Shipper Fredriksen to take control of dry bulk firm Knightsbridge
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-American Airlines 1st qtr profit beats estimates, costs edge lower
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Three Americans killed in Kabul hospital attack |
- UK police ask Muslim women to help stop youngsters going to Syria
- UK retail sales show Easter rebound in April - CBI
- Labour mulls moving loan from Co-op Bank - sources
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- UK says breakaway Scotland would struggle to pay welfare bill