Mergers & Acquisitions
April 28 - The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
April 28 - The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
MELBOURNE/LONDON, April 27 - Brazil's Vale SA has chosen Barclays to advise it on the sale of some or all of its Australian coal assets, two people close to the situation said on Monday, as the company looks to raise money to ride out the commodities rout.
* Share sale values the bank at 2 billion euros (Adds finance minister, confirmation of price)
* Permanent tsb says Irish govt has agreed to 180 day lock-up arrangement in respect to remaining shares Further company coverage: (Reporting By Padraic Halpin)
LONDON, April 27 - Dunnhumby, the customer data business which has been put up for sale by British retailer Tesco, said it was free to work with new clients in the United States, in a move which could make it more attractive to potential buyers.
LONDON, April 27 - Britain's warning to potential suitors of BP is a sign of the oil major's vulnerability to a takeover bid and that a more politically palatable tie-up with Royal Dutch Shell no longer seems to be an option, banking and industry sources said.
LONDON, April 27 - Britain's largest energy supplier Centrica has made preparations in case it is approached with a takeover offer, the utility's chairman said at the company's annual shareholders' meeting in London.
* Says signed a preliminary agreement with ARAKEL-TK LLC for sale of LSR Group's ready-mix concrete facilities located in Moscow
MUMBAI, April 27 - The board of Indian spirits maker United Spirits Ltd, majority-owned by Britain's Diageo Plc, has begun a procedure to remove its chairman and former owner Vijay Mallya due to alleged financial irregularities in the company.
- Finance: UPDATE 1-Carlyle to pay $600 mln for Brazil's Rede D'Or stake -source
- Technology: Huawei releases new Honor budget smartphone, to be sold online
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Carlyle to pay $600 mln for Brazil's Rede D'Or stake - source
- Consumer: Shareholders of Mexico's Soriana approve Comerci purchase
- Energy: UPDATE 3-Canada's TORC Oil & Gas to buy Surge Energy assets for C$430 mln
- Industrials: UPDATE 2-With eye on debt, Barrick to sell stake in Zaldivar copper mine