* Coal price strength last year made agreeing deals difficult (Adds comment, detail, updates share price, background)
LONDON, Jan 24 North Sea-focused oil producer EnQuest has agreed to buy a 25 percent stake in BP's Magnus oil field and further interests in the Sullom Voe oil terminal and surrounding infrastructure, the company announced on Tuesday.
VANCOUVER, Jan 23 Teck Resources has held talks with fellow miner Anglo American Plc about sharing port infrastructure at their neighboring copper mines in Chile, Teck's chief executive officer said on Monday, arguing for more industry partnerships.
LONDON, Jan 23 Italy's Eni plans to deepen its involvement in Nigeria's energy industry, increasing oil and gas exploration and helping to restore one of the country's ailing refineries, the company said in a statement on Monday.
LONDON, Jan 23 British housebuilders Bovis and Berkeley see little logic in a merger, sources close to the companies told Reuters, after a media report said an influential Bovis shareholder wrote to Berkeley asking it to consider such a step.
FRANKFURT, Jan 23 Acquisitive Chinese conglomerate HNA is in final talks over the purchase of Hahn airport in western Germany, the airport's state owners said on Monday.
BRUSSELS, Jan 23 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* Says acquires EAA Portfolio Advisers GmbH (EPA) and contract to manage 29 billion eur portfolio for EAA
PARIS, Jan 23 French cosmetics giant L'Oreal said on Monday it had chosen to invest in five tech start-up firms in the beauty products sector along with partner Founders Factory, as L'Oreal steps up its ventures in this area.
* Megafon shareholders have approved a proposed deal to buy a controlling stake in internet group Mail.ru at an extraordinary general meeting on Jan. 20.
- Finance: BRIEF-Old Point National Bank enters agreement for ownership interest in Old Point Mortgage
- Technology: BRIEF-Verizon CFO says co has not reached any final conclusions on Yahoo deal
- Healthcare: Aetna and Humana CEOs consider all available options after court loss
- Consumer: BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing says waiting period for U.S. antitrust review under Hart-Scott-Rodino expired in connection with Metaldyne Performance Group deal
- Energy: BRIEF-Linn Energy shareholders object to reorganization plan
- Industrials: UPDATE 3-DuPont expects Dow merger to close later than expected