Mergers & Acquisitions
* Bids could value unit at more than 3 bln euros - sources (Adds valuation, Dutch market details)
LONDON, Feb 11 Lenders in Britain's M6toll motorway are seeking an exit and are working with UBS on a potential deal they hope will recoup them some 1.9 billion pounds ($2.75 billion) of debt, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
LONDON, Feb 11 Lenders in Britain's M6toll motorway are seeking an exit and are working with UBS on a potential deal which they hope will recoup them some 1.9 billion pounds ($2.75 billion) of debt, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
* Shares up 2.8 percent (Adds CEO comments, analyst reaction, updates shares)
* Says price for Independent's i newspaper likely to be 24 mln stg
LONDON, Feb 11 Shire, the London-listed drugmaker buying Baxalta International for $32 billion, reported a better-than-expected 13 percent rise in fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday, helped by strong sales of its ADHD treatment Vyvanse.
Feb 11 The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
TORONTO, Feb 10 Toronto-based Franco-Nevada has agreed to acquire a precious metal stream in southern Peru from Glencore for $500 million and arranged a $550 million financing to fund the deal, it said on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS, Feb 10 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
- Finance: Senate panel to hear from U.S. antitrust bosses
- Technology: Solera debt offer tests appetite for leverage
- Healthcare: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Pandora in talks to sell itself - NY Times
- Energy: Blackstone aims new fund at troubled offshore drilling market
- Industrials: UPDATE 2-Mosaic looks for bargain buys as fertilizer sector slumps