LONDON, July 21 GlaxoSmithKline's new chief executive, who has already made her mark with plans to divest some nutritional products, will turn next week to the main business of focusing the company's pipeline of new drugs.
LONDON, July 21 Tissue Regenix said on Friday it had raised 40 million pounds ($52 million) by selling new shares to buy CellRight Technologies, a U.S regenerative medicine company that specialises in spine surgery and orthopaedics.
* Paysafe makes $470 mln bid for Merchants' Choice (Adds UBS analysis on price, Banker quote)
LONDON/MADRID, July 21 Spain's Banco Santander is seeking bids by next Monday for some 30 billion euros ($34.91 billion) of property assets from Banco Popular, three sources familiar with the matter said.
LONDON, July 21 Private equity group Permira has bought a stake of at least 10 percent in payments firm Klarna, one of Europe's most highly valued tech startups, the companies said on Friday.
July 21 A consortium of Blackstone and CVC Capital Partners has made a 2.86 billion pound ($3.71 billion) takeover proposal for payments processing company Paysafe Group, the British group said on Friday.
LONDON, July 21 Jaguar Land Rover opened its first overseas engine plant on Friday, picking China for the investment a week after saying it would build a global model entirely outside Britain for the first time.
LONDON/FRANKFURT/MILAN, July 20 Italy's Benetton family is vying with motorbike firms and buyout funds for control of Italian motorcycle brand Ducati, which is being sold by Germany's Volkswagen, sources involved in the process told Reuters.
* Anglo-Dutch firm's London-listed shares up 1.2 pct (Adds comments on activism, links to other stories)
* Regulator investigates potentially misleading Boerse statement (Updates with details on Kengeter's contract, other regulatory investigation)
- Finance: UPDATE 1-Brazil's Triunfo clinches $673 mln restructuring with banks
- Technology: BRIEF-Opentext provides comment on its proposed Covisint acquisition
- Healthcare: BRIEF-HCA to buy Florida Hospital from Community Health Systems
- Consumer: UPDATE 2-Democrats in U.S. Congress urge review of Amazon's Whole Foods deal
- Energy: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Industrials: UPDATE 5-Crimean scandal prompts Siemens to retreat from Russian energy