PARIS, March 24 Private equity firm Cinven is in talks to buy CHRYSO, a French chemicals group with 2016 sales of 300 million euros ($324 million), from LBO France, the companies said on Friday.
* Shares rise about 10 pct to $19.00 (Adds background, shares)
* Has raised $50 million in equity financing - SEC filing Source text (http://bit.ly/2nkpafA)
MUMBAI, March 24 State Bank of India, the nation's top lender by assets, said on Friday it would begin the process for an initial public offering (IPO) of its life insurance arm, with plans to sell a 10 percent stake.
* Deal expected to complete summer 2017 (Recasts, adds detail, background, analyst)
March 24 (Reuters) - * LBO France says in exclusive talks to sell CHRYSO * Cinven had said earlier it was planning to buy CHRYSO
* Private equity firm Civen says it is in exclusive talks to buy French chemicals firm CHRYSO
HONG KONG, March 24 The messy battle to control China's largest producer of industrial gases has turned into a serendipitous victory for minority investors that could encourage more shareholder activism in Asia.
* Files to say it raised about $16.6 million in equity financing from a total offering amount of about $62.9 million - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2mYxiz6)
* Bidders keen to pick assets rather than full takeover - sources
- Technology: BRIEF-Ride-Sharing service Lyft latest to remove Youtube ads - NYT
- Healthcare: LPC-Euro loans soften on secondary in price crunch pushback
- Consumer: Blackstone sells 21 pct stake in SeaWorld to China's Zhonghong Zhuoye
- Energy: Shell sells onshore Gabon oil assets to Carlyle for $587 mln
- Industrials: Air Products drops $1.5 bln bid for China's Yingde Gases
- M&As: UPDATE 1-Fed gives four foreign banks 'living will' extension, faults Northern Trust
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Ezra updates on restructuring & Chapter 11 Filing
- IPOs: Barry Meyers to rejoin JPMorgan after almost two years at Barclays
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund manager Friedman to list investment fund in London
- Regulatory News: HIGHLIGHTS-The Trump presidency on March 24 at 11:50 A.M. EDT/1550 GMT