LUSAKA, March 11 - Standard Chartered's private equity arm has acquired a quarter of Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc for $57 million, its first investment in the growing African power industry.
Lusaka, March 11 - Standard Chartered's private equity arm has acquired around a quarter of Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc for $57 million, its first such investment in the growing African power industry.
March 11 - Investment bank Houlihan Lokey Inc will acquire smaller rival ArchPoint Partners to expand its technology mergers business, the Wall Street Journal reported.
* Sale would give IHH presence in growing Australian healthcare industry
TOKYO, March 11 - The head of New York-based Principal Global Investors said on Tuesday the $311 billion fund manager is looking into buying boutique asset management firms that invest in emerging markets and real estate to expand its portfolio of assets
March 10 - William Ackman's hedge fund Pershing Square Capital Management LP said it would unveil on Tuesday details about Herbalife Ltd's violations in China as the activist investor sharpened his attack against the nutritional products company.
March 10 - Mediterranean style restaurant chain Zoe's Kitchen filed with U.S. regulators to raise up to $80.5 million in an initial public offering.
March 10 - Private equity group Permira is looking to float Japanese agricultural chemicals company Arysta LifeScience on the New York Stock Exchange, the Financial Times reported quoting people familiar with the situation.
NEW YORK, March 10 - Private equity firm Warburg Pincus is looking to sell education software maker iParadigms and has tapped Evercore Partners Inc to assist with the effort, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
NEW YORK, March 10 - Leon Cooperman, chief executive of hedge fund Omega Advisors, said Monday that he agreed with activist investor Carl Icahn's push for eBay Inc to spin off its PayPal online payments business.
- Technology: Motor racing-Ecclestone hopes every race will be like a wet race
- Healthcare: UPDATE 2-Medical device maker Biomet files for IPO of up to $100 mln
- Consumer: India's Hotel Leelaventure in talks with KKR for loan
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Bidders submit binding offers for RWE unit DEA - sources
- Industrials: Dubai Intl revives Mauser sale, scraps larger selloff-sources
- M&As: UPDATE 2-Co-op CEO Sutherland offers to quit 'ungovernable' mutual
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Mt. Gox files U.S. bankruptcy, opponents call it a ruse
- IPOs: New Issue- Bank of Ireland prices 750 mln euro 2019 bond
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds raise Brent oil bets to highest since October
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-SunCoke Energy plans to sell coal mining business
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Amet Architecto Officia Quasi Exercitation Ab Cupidatat. Ad Neque Nisi Eu Lorem Cillum. Officia Incididunt Esse Aspernatur Nesciunt Fugiat Quam.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- BoE's Carney says UK economy not close to overheating
- Legal limbo hampers probe into missing Malaysia jet
- Britons backing EU membership overtake those keen to leave - poll
- RBS might have to leave an independent Scotland - BoE's Carney
- UK manufacturing starts 2014 on good footing
- ECB to take tough stance in bank health check
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- Ukraine forms new defence force, seeks Western help |
- Thais seen lifting state of emergency as business suffers