Jan 19 Viacom Inc's Paramount Pictures will receive a $1 billion cash investment from two Chinese film companies, Shanghai Film Group and Huahua Media, giving the U.S. studio needed cash and stability as it attempts to grow.
* Foris Ventures LLC reports 8 percent passive stake in Enphase Energy Inc as of Jan 9 - SEC filing Source: (http://bit.ly/2iGX4KS) Further company coverage:
WILMINGTON, Del, Jan 19 Telecommunications company Avaya Inc filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Thursday to reduce its debt load of about $6.3 billion but said it would not sell its call center business, which it had tried to do last year.
* Sabby Management LLC reports 5.79 percent passive stake in Amedica Corp as of Jan 19 - sec filing Source text : http://bit.ly/2iOZAda Further company coverage:
* Pankaj Mohan reports 32.9 percent passive stake in Oncobiologics Inc as of Dec. 31 Source text:(http://bit.ly/2jdiuvy) Further company coverage:
Jan 19 The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Thursday. To inform us of other job changes, email email@example.com.
* Sabby Management LLC reports 9.98 percent passive stake in Skyline Medical Inc as of Jan 13 2017 - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2jd6Dh2) Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)
Jan 19 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Thursday:
* TDC Regency Lakeview LLC files to say it raised $12.5 million from equity financing - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2jD0MoE)
* Adynxx Inc says it has raised about $16 million in equity financing from total offering amount of about $16 million - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2iGsQrm)
- Technology: Motor racing-Liberty sets aside shares for Formula One teams
- Healthcare: MIDEAST STOCKS - Factors to watch - Jan 19
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Malaysian drilling services firm UMW-OG to buy Icon Offshore
- Energy: LPC: MEG Energy seeks leveraged loan as market reopens to oil and gas
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Sandvik says failed to close deal to sell Mining Systems
- M&As: BRIEF-Aes Gener says to acquire Antofagasta's stake in Alto Maipo
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Bankruptcy judge denies request for Peabody equity committee
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 4-Oakland Raiders seek NFL's blessing for move to Las Vegas