May 22 - U.S. miner Arch Coal Inc is in talks with restructuring advisers as it seeks to reduce its debt, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
MILAN, May 22 - The owners of Istituto Centrale Banche Popolari (ICBPI) have picked a consortium comprising private equity funds CVC Capital Partners and Permira as preferred bidder to buy the Italian banking services provider, several sources close to the matter said.
* U.S. and Chinese companies also in race - sources (Recasts, includes more details about potential bidders)
STOCKHOLM, May 22 - Swedish hotel property firm Pandox and lender Nordax will next week announce plans to list shares on the Stockholm stock exchange, people familiar with the matter said.
FRANKFURT, May 22 - A consortium of Asian investor Fosun and former Coty head Bernd Beetz is the only remaining bidder for German fashion group Bogner after Permira dropped out of the race, two sources familiar with the matter said.
LONDON, May 22 - Acquisitive European telecoms firm Altice surprised the market with yet another large M&A deal this week, revealing plans to buy US regional cable firm Suddenlink Communications for $9.1 billion.
NECKARSULM, Germany, May 22 - Audi could imagine more bidders for Nokia's mapping unit HERE in the three-way German consortium of luxury automakers, R&D boss Ulrich Hackenberg said.
May 22 - Vistra Group, a trust and custodial services provider, said Hong Kong-based Baring Private Equity Asia will acquire a majority stake in the company.
MUMBAI, May 22 - India's capital markets regulator has named Infosys founder N.R. Narayana Murthy to head a panel that will devise rules for a new funding platform for homegrown start-ups, the regulator said on its website.
LONDON, May 22 - Investment trust Apax Global Alpha announced plans to raise 250 million euros ($279 million) in a London listing, as it looks to raise funds for more investment opportunities.
- Technology: Witkoff taps ex-Goldman dealmaker for NY Daily News bid -sources
- Healthcare: LPC-Endo reveals $9.275 bln loan package for Par buy
- Consumer: BRIEF-U.S. Business borrowing for new equipment up 1 pct at $8.2 bln in April- ELFA
- Energy: UAE's IPIC seeks arbitration over South Korean refinery sale tax
- Industrials: Swedish elevator maker Alimak to announce listing plans soon -sources
- M&As: Irish government receives report on Aer Lingus sale
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Creditors accept insolvency settlement proposal of Pescanova 10 units
- IPOs: New Issue- CPUK Finance prices a dual tranche deal
- Hedge Funds: Star hedge fund trader Rokos hires Vladimirov from Graticule - source
- Regulatory News: Hudson's Bay near deciding on bid for German retailer Kaufhof-sources
Free Deals Newsletter
Est Iure Excepteur Laborum. Deserunt Velit Quaerat Incidunt. Quasi Eaque Eu Exercitationem Aliquam Iure.