LONDON - U.S. expansion plans for Associated British Foods and expectations of consolidation in the drugs sector kept FTSE 100 near a two-week high on Wednesday.
NEW YORK - The U.S. dollar weakened against the euro and yen on Wednesday, undermined by a decline in U.S. equity prices and Treasury yields and finding little support from a slower-than-expected expansion in the U.S. manufacturing sector.
NEW YORK - The dollar fell and global equity markets edged lower on Wednesday in response to disappointing U.S. housing data and weak corporate earnings that reversed market momentum after five days of gains. | Video
LISBON/LONDON - Portugal sold its first bonds at auction in three years on Wednesday, paying a record low yield that was seen as vote of market confidence and a boost to Lisbon's chances of making a clean break from its bailout next month.
LONDON - British insurance company Saga is planning a London stock market debut that could value the company at 3 billion pounds, two sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland
- Hamas, Abbas's PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan
- Cambodian experts deactivate mudslide minefield in Cyprus
- China says probing reports Chinese chlorine used in Syria attack
- Turkey's Erdogan offers condolences for 1915 Armenia killings
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |