NEW YORK - The dollar fell and benchmark U.S. Treasury yields touched multi-week lows on Friday as an unexpectedly weak government reading of American labor costs dulled prospects for higher U.S. interest rates.
NEW YORK - U.S. crude posted its biggest monthly drop since the 2008 financial crisis on Friday after a string of losses in July triggered by China's stock market slump and signs that top Middle East producers were pumping crude at record levels.
NEW YORK - The dollar fell against a basket of currencies on Friday, ending a decent month on a sour note as a record-low rise in U.S. employment costs in the second quarter dialed back bets the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates later this year.
ZURICH - The Swiss franc's surge after a currency cap was dropped pushed Switzerland's central bank to a record first half loss, casting doubt on its ability to pay dividends on which some local government shareholders depend.
- Lloyds shareholders question government's sale plan
- Labour Party local groups endorse left-winger for leader
- U.S., allies target Islamic State with 30 air strikes in Iraq, Syria -U.S
- New Afghan Taliban leader appeals for unity in first public message
- Thousands rally across Israel following gay pride stabbing attack
- Three members of bin Laden family killed in jet crash - police |
- London borough seeks crackdown on noisy supercars |
- Finland must watch far-right closely after violent rally - minister
- Myanmar leader goes to disaster zones as floods batter countryside
- Iran's parliament has no power over nuclear deal, top negotiator says