LONDON - Brent crude oil plunged more than $6 a barrel on Thursday, the sharpest one-day fall since 2011, after OPEC decided not to cut production despite a huge oversupply in world markets.
LONDON - Oil hit four-year lows around $70 (44.54 pounds) a barrel on Thursday and commodity currencies were sent tumbling, as OPEC resisted the temptation to cut back production following the more than 30 percent plunge in prices since June.
LONDON - The euro fell against the dollar on Thursday after data showed German inflation sinking to its lowest since February 2010 in November, reinforcing bets the European Central Bank will ease monetary policy more aggressively.
LONDON - Share price falls for energy firms capped gains for top European stocks on Thursday, after OPEC resisted pressure to cut supply in the face of a global slump in the oil price.
- Suicide bomber kills five in attack on British embassy car in Kabul - officials |
- Oil tumbles more than $6 as OPEC keeps output high
- Saudis block OPEC output cut, oil price sinks further |
- A sport left heartbroken by death of Hughes |
- WTO clinches first global trade deal in its history
- Iran Supreme Leader says not opposed to extension of nuclear talks
- NATO wrestles with new fast-reaction force prompted by Ukraine crisis
- Insight - Army splits that let Yemen's capital fall augur new risks
- EU lawmakers urge regulators to break up Google
- Dinner with Suu Kyi? - No thanks, say Myanmar military