LONDON Sterling gained more than 1 percent on Friday to trade above $1.33 for the first time in eleven days, as the greenback dropped sharply across the board after U.S. economic growth data came in much weaker than expected.
NEW YORK The dollar dropped on Friday after data showed that the U.S. economy grew at a slower pace than expected in the second quarter, while the Japanese yen soared after the Bank of Japan’s stimulus plans under whelmed investors.
LONDON Britain's battered pound looks to be holding its own a month after the shock vote for a Brexit, even as the Bank of England prepares to take UK interest rates below their U.S. equivalents for the first time in a decade.
NEW YORK Algorithms are proving to be poor at timing currency markets, if a group of new exchange-traded funds is any indication.
LONDON The price of hedging against big swings in the yen's exchange rate against the dollar over the next 24 hours surged to its highest in eight years on Thursday, ahead of a Bank of Japan policy decision on Friday.
- Erdogan says to close military schools, rein in armed forces |
- Scores of families leave besieged Aleppo under Russia - Damascus plan |
- Many Islamic State leaders trying to flee to Syria - Iraqi minister
- Clinton secures Mark Cuban's endorsement in Pittsburgh |
- Exclusive - Clinton campaign also hacked in attacks on Democrats |
- UK firms expect growth to stagnate over next 3 months - CBI
- J.K. Rowling bids farewell to Harry Potter at 'Cursed Child' gala
- Scots back remaining in UK despite Brexit vote - poll
- SABMiller backs AB InBev offer for biggest-ever consumer takeover
- May worried by China investment, intervened to delay Hinkley