TOKYO The dollar pulled away from 4-1/2-month lows against a currency basket on Wednesday as solid data backed expectations for more U.S. interest rate hikes this year, while sterling was knocked by concern about Britain's impending exit from the European Union.
LONDON Currency traders showed little sign of heightened nerves on Tuesday ahead of Britain's formal launch of negotiations on leaving the European Union.
BEIJING China's central bank said on Monday that it will improve the policy framework and infrastructure for cross-border use of the yuan currency.
BERLIN The leaders of France and Germany must use the window of opportunity that opens up after elections in both countries to inject new momentum into their single currency project or risk its failure, a leading French think tank warned on Monday.
LONDON Sterling fell against the dollar and euro on Friday, retreating from the previous session's one-month highs, as investors braced for Britain beginning the formal process of leaving the European Union next week.
- PM May to fire starting gun on Brexit
- Changes - Five ways Brexit will transform the EU
- Scottish parliament backs bid for new independence referendum |
- Tesco to pay 214 million pounds to settle false accounting charges |
- U.S. wiretap allegations have not harmed ties - Boris Johnson |
- Generation born under Putin finds its voice in Russian protests
- French presidential candidate Fillon suffers new setback as wife investigated
- North Korea could be in final stages of nuclear test preparations - report
- U.S. sees probable role in Mosul blast, probe under way |
- U.S. House Speaker backs intelligence panel chair in Russia probe |