LONDON - The FTSE pulled away from all-time highs on Tuesday, weighed down by a drop in drugs firm AstraZeneca and Asia-focused bank Standard Charted.
LONDON - World shares shuffled away from all-time highs on Tuesday as surging Chinese stocks took a breather and investors began to retreat to the sidelines ahead of the Federal Reserve's policy meeting.
LONDON - Sterling hit seven-week highs against the U.S. currency on Tuesday, recovering from data showing the UK economy grew slower than expected in the first quarter.
LONDON - The dollar hit a three-week low on Tuesday as investors eyed a U.S. Federal Reserve meeting starting later in the day that could offer clues as to whether bets on an interest rate hike in the coming months are justified.
LONDON - Oil prices fell on Tuesday ahead of weekly U.S. crude inventory data that is expected to hit another high, withdrawing further from a rally that saw Brent crude futures touch a 4 1/2 month high on Friday.
- Nepalis dig through quake rubble for survivors, PM says toll could be 10,000 |
- Cameron says only his party can save the United Kingdom
- Tsipras presses for May debt deal, says referendum possible
- Britain's recovery slows sharply in pre-election setback for government
- BP profit beats forecasts as refining offsets oil price slide
- Hong Kong move offers few clear benefits for HSBC
- Nine face midnight firing squad in Indonesia, hopes for reprieve gone |
- 'We're looking' at headquarters issues, Standard Chartered says
- Possible kingmakers Liberal Democrats demand post-election stability budget
- Sweden's Supreme Court says will hear Assange appeal over arrest warrant