LONDON Sterling edged up on Friday but was on track for a fifth consecutive quarter of losses against the dollar - the currency's worst run since 1984.
NEW YORK The euro recovered from a nine-day low against the U.S. dollar on Friday on reduced concerns surrounding Deutsche Bank's health, while the greater calm over Germany's biggest lender pressured the safe-haven yen and Swiss franc.
SHANGHAI China's yuan will formally join the U.S. dollar, the euro, the Japanese yen and the British pound as a global reserve currency on Saturday, in a key milestone in the country's long campaign to boost its clout on the global stage.
LONDON Sterling slipped to trade around $1.30 on Thursday, on lingering expectations that the Bank of England might further ease monetary policy in coming months.
LONDON Britain will effectively make adherence to the new global code of conduct for currency markets mandatory by linking it to an existing plan for senior managers to be legally responsible for employees' conduct, banking sector sources said on Friday.
- Russian jets pound Aleppo as U.S. clings to diplomacy
- BAE Systems to begin building new British nuclear submarines
- Pro-Brexit Conservatives hand PM plan to limit EU immigration
- Belfast protest ends as police let parade pass after three years
- U.S. data to put December rate hike in focus
- PM May says Scotland will have no veto over Brexit
- India, Pakistan soldiers exchange fire across frontier, no casualties
- Orthodox shun pope's Mass in Tbilisi, few Catholics turn out |
- German government believes Trump would ravage U.S. economy - Spiegel
- Indians disclose $10 billion in hidden wealth in tax evasion amnesty