NEW YORK The dollar fell against a basket of major currencies on Friday as continued uncertainty over the economic agenda of U.S. President Donald Trump pushed investors out of the greenback.
LONDON Britain's pound fell against the euro on Friday and was poised for a third consecutive week of losses as a global selloff in risky assets prompted investors to cut bets after a week of tepid U.K. data.
SHANGHAI A week after China's central bank finally offered some explanation of the mysterious new 'X'-factor it has added to its daily yuan reference rate, traders and analysts say they are none the wiser over how to make sense of it.
SHANGHAI China'a yuan eased against the U.S. dollar on Friday and looked set to post its first weekly loss since early July, after a strong multi-month rally.
NEW YORK, Aug 17 The Federal Reserve provided $36 million of liquidity to foreign central banks in the latest week via its swap lines for foreign central banks, the New York Fed said on Thursday.
- Trump dumps controversial chief strategist Bannon in latest upheaval |
- Barcelona van attacker may still be alive, on the run - police |
- Finnish police 'quite certain' about attacker's identity - local media |
- UK publisher pulls scholarly articles from China website at Beijing's request
- Trump makes no decision on Afghanistan strategy |
- South Africa has granted Grace Mugabe diplomatic immunity - source |
- Chinese Nobel laureate's widow makes first appearance since funeral
- Venezuela faces outrage after new assembly takes legislative power
- U.S. prosecutors recommend three years in prison for VW engineer Liang
- Ukraine plant sucked into North Korea missile row has fallen on hard times