LONDON - The euro edged up on Thursday after the European Central Bank kept interest rates on hold, with traders on the lookout for the bank's inflation forecasts and any signs it may take more action to prevent deflation.
LONDON - European shares steadied on Thursday after three days of selling, as focus turned to whether the European Central Bank will offer any new economic stimulus after the Bank of England left its interest rates at a record low.
LONDON - The FTSE 100 advanced and blue chips held steady on Thursday as the UK government upgraded its growth forecasts for this year and the next while the Bank of England confirmed its easy monetary policy.
LONDON - European shares extended losses early on Thursday as investors continued to trim positions in light of stronger economic data that has heightened worries over the potential for an early winding down of equity-friendly stimulus.
LONDON - Sterling rose against the dollar and the euro while gilt yields rose on Tuesday after UK construction activity for November beat expectations and added to the overall optimistic picture about the British economy.
- Osborne says vindicated by growth rebound, vows to stay on course |
- Suicide bomber attacks Yemen's Defence Ministry - sources |
- Bank of England sits tight on policy as growth outlook brightens
- Hurricane Xaver batters Scotland as Germany braces for storm
- ECB sees prolonged lack of inflation, ready to act
- Russia launches criminal probe into U.S. child trafficking
- Ukraine police give protesters deadline, ministers urge calm
- Clashes erupt as militia enter Central African Republic capital
- Japan approves $182 billion economic package, doubts remain
- U.S. assures Israel that core Iran sanctions still in place