LONDON - Britain's blue-chip share index marked its biggest weekly drop in a month on Friday, with miners slipping on a slowdown in China and banks falling after Brazil said it was investigating some global lenders' currency market activity.
LONDON - There is at least one legal way to get your euros out of Greece these days, to guard against the prospect that they might be devalued into drachmas: convert them into bitcoin.
LONDON - European bonds and stocks traded cautiously on Friday before a Greek referendum on EU-prescribed reforms that could determine the country's future in the euro zone and which polls suggest could go either way. | Video
LONDON - The dollar fell against a basket of currencies on Friday, hurt by softer than expected U.S. employment data and with most investors staying on the sidelines before Greece's weekend referendum on bailout conditions.
- Oil prices dropped on Friday as a rising U.S. rig count stoked more concerns about global oversupply while an investigation by Chinese regulators into suspected stock market manipulation further unsettled the market.
- Greeks deeply divided heading into crucial vote |
- Report on past Iran nuclear work could be ready by year end - IAEA
- Yemen's Houthis say Ramadan humanitarian pause under discussion
- Britain falls silent to remember 30 killed in Tunisian gun attack |
- UK private-sector growth falls to six-month low in June - CBI
- At least 25 Syrian al Qaeda members dead in mosque blast in Syria's Idlib - monitor
- Toshiba accounting errors may be over $800 million - source
- Rockets land in Israel, Egypt's IS affiliate claims responsibility |
- UK to curb protection for savers, blames EU rules
- Civilian killed at Cairo protest on anniversary of Mursi ousting