LONDON Sterling hit a seven-month low to the euro on Wednesday, losing ground to renewed strength in the single currency after European Central Bank President Mario Draghi hinted the days of the bank's stimulus programme are numbered.
LONDON The euro surged to a one-year high on Wednesday, adding to its biggest daily gain in more than a year a day earlier after a change in tone by European Central Bank President Mario Draghi.
LONDON Sterling hit a two-week low against a broadly stronger euro on Tuesday, a tightening of credit controls offering only brief support given competing interpretations of what it means for future interest rates and growth.
NEW YORK The dollar slid to 10-month lows against the euro on Tuesday after the head of the European Central Bank opened the door to steps that might begin to reduce the central bank's stimulus and after a vote on U.S. healthcare legislation was delayed.
SHANGHAI China's yuan surged on Tuesday afternoon to the highest level in a week as major state-owned Chinese banks sold dollars to prop up the Chinese currency after eight days of declines, traders said.
- Labour Party to force vote in parliament on pay cap
- Cyber attack sweeps globe, researchers see 'WannaCry' link |
- Now is not the time to raise interest rates - BoE's Cunliffe
- Helicopter attacks Venezuela court, Maduro denounces coup bid |
- UK house price growth bounces back in June - Nationwide
- UK orders sweeping changes to boost funds industry transparency
- Iran says will act on U.S. court ruling on Trump's travel ban
- Trump growing frustrated with China, weighs trade steps - officials |
- Euro, bond yields drive higher on ECB scale-back bets
- Merkel's conservatives at highest support since September 2015 - poll