LONDON - FTSE edged lower on Monday, weighed down by a slump in Petrofac after it predicted low net profits, but M&A talk kept it near a two-month high.
LONDON - World stocks ground higher on Monday after a frenetic round of activity at central banks in Asia and Europe showed they are willing to do more to support economic growth and inflation.
LONDON - Sterling slipped from an 11-day high against the euro on Monday after data showed German business morale had rebounded in November, offering some relief to the battered common currency.
NEW YORK - The dollar approached a 4-1/2-year high against a basket of currencies on Monday as traders speculated that overseas central banks would further ease monetary policies to help their economies, even though it would erode their currencies.
SHANGHAI - China's surprise interest rate cut is another step towards softening the country's exchange rate, setting the yuan on course to end the year lower for the first time since its landmark revaluation in 2005.
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline
- Hagel resigns as U.S. Defense secretary, official says
- BT lines up O2 and EE in quest for British telecoms supremacy
- Three more Ukrainian soldiers killed - Kiev military
- EU lawmakers to vote on Google break-up motion on Thursday
- Sri Lanka's Rajapaksa wins 2015 budget vote despite defections
- Stalled Greek bailout talks to resume in Paris on Tuesday
- War-weary Darfuris see grim future with or without U.N. peacekeepers
- Italy's Renzi wins regional vote, low turnout sends warning
- Bomber targeted police commander in Afghan volleyball game attack