NEW YORK - Global equity markets surged more than 1 percent and the yen fell to a nearly seven-year low against the dollar on Friday after the Bank of Japan surprised financial markets by ramping up its massive economic stimulus programme. | Video
LONDON - Britain's top equity index surged on Friday, as unexpected monetary stimulus measures in Japan boosted appetite for stocks around the world.
NEW YORK - The yen plunged to a near seven-year low against the U.S. dollar on Friday, putting it on track for its worst day in 18 months, after the Bank of Japan shocked financial markets with an aggressive easing of its monetary policy.
LONDON - Sterling hit a fresh two-week high against the euro on Friday, ahead of crucial euro zone inflation data which could put more pressure on the European Central Bank to ease policy further.
NEW YORK - The dollar surged to a three-week high and government bond yields rose on Thursday, one day after the U.S. Federal Reserve took a more hawkish tone in its assessment of the economy as it announced the end of its six-year bond-buying programme.
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Judge rejects isolation for U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- China says not begun legal process for disgraced security chief
- Exclusive - U.S. probing Standard Chartered over Dubai banking: sources
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security |
- Britain warns travelling nationals of heightened security risk from IS
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Houthi rebels give Yemen's president 10 days to form government