TOKYO - The U.S. dollar hovered close to an 11-year high against a basket of currencies while Asian shares firmed in early trade on Tuesday, with sentiment bolstered by another record day on Wall Street.
LONDON - Britain's top equity index briefly touched a new record high on Monday before turning negative as commodity stocks weakened, led lower by a slump in Tullow Oil.
SYDNEY - The U.S. dollar hovered just below a fresh 11-year peak against a basket of major currencies early on Tuesday, as rising Treasury yields helped it prevail against the euro in a choppy session.
LONDON - Sterling fell on Monday, retreating from a seven-year high against the euro and an eight-week peak against the dollar as May's potentially unsettling general election clouded the outlook for the British currency.
NEW YORK - Brent futures fell 5 percent, its most in a month, on Monday as speculation of a nuclear deal that could lift Iran's sanctions and boost its oil exports brought worries about high supplies back to the market. | Video
- Exclusive - Obama says Iran must halt key nuclear work for at least a decade |
- Mixed messages on third Greek bailout talks
- UK manufacturing growth at seven-month high in February - PMI
- U.N. nuclear watchdog says pace of Iran's cooperation slow
- Obama, Israel's Netanyahu clash over Iran diplomacy |
- Iraq launches attack to retake Tikrit from Islamic State |
- Accused al Qaeda operative wrote in code about UK bomb plot - U.S.
- Ukraine's military says one Ukrainian serviceman killed in past 24 hours
- Nemtsov's shaken girlfriend says she didn't see killer
- Twitter, law enforcement investigate alleged Islamic State threats |