NEW YORK - Equity markets worldwide extended the week's rally on Friday and oil prices rebounded from recent lows, as investors closed out the last full week of trading in 2014 on an upbeat note.
NEW YORK - The U.S. dollar hit its highest level against major currencies in over 8-1/2 years on Friday on diverging monetary policy between the Federal Reserve and other major central banks, and bullish dollar positions heading into the end of the year.
NEW YORK - Oil bounced higher on Friday as selling pressure from a six-month price rout eased for a second time this week on short-covering, helped by fresh buying in U.S. crude before the expiry of the front-month contract.
LONDON - The European markets regulator on Friday proposed tougher rules to deal with payments for third-party investment research as it looks to make the cost of investing more transparent.
- Scottish prosecutor says no reason to doubt Lockerbie bomber's guilt
- Putin says Russia won't be intimidated over Crimea
- Yazidis cheer Kurds on Iraqi mountain for breaking Islamic State siege
- Cuba says U.S. must respect its communist system
- North Korea denies hacking Sony, U.S. stands by its assertion |
- Saudi says security forces kill four militants in Shi'ite village
- Turkey's Erdogan 'closely following' legal case against rival cleric
- Libya's official government aims to set up new payment system for oil buyers
- U.S. sends four Guantanamo prisoners home to Afghanistan
- 'Black Friday' spree lifts UK retail sales growth to 27-year high - CBI