TOKYO - The yen dipped against the dollar and euro on Tuesday on a slight reduction in geopolitically-inspired risk aversion that lifted equities across Asia.
TOKYO - Asian stocks touched a three-year peak on Tuesday, despite lingering concerns about crises in Ukraine and Gaza, while the yen eased against the dollar and the euro.
LONDON - Britain's top share index fell on Monday, with tobacco stocks hit by a multi-billion-dollar fine against RJ Reynolds in the United States and retailers slipping after a profit warning from Tesco.
LONDON - Sterling edged down on Monday as traders continued to be cautious over events in Ukraine and Gaza and as data added to a sense that Britain's economic recovery might be coming off the boil.
LONDON - European shares fell on Monday as fighting erupted in eastern Ukraine, the first major eruption of violence there since a Malaysian airliner was shot down last week.
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Israel keeps up Gaza assaults, Kerry presses for truce |
- Indonesia's likely loser in presidential race tries to delay result
- Royal Mail warns on lower parcel revenue as competition bites
- Credit Suisse says swings to second-quarter net loss on U.S. tax settlement
- China's secretive military cracks open door for glimpse inside
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Publicis says annual growth target will be hard to meet
- Body of fugitive South Korea ferry businessman found, police say |
- Japan government trims economic growth estimate for this year