LONDON - European shares got a major lift while the euro and the region's bond yields fell on Tuesday after European Central Bank insiders told Reuters the bank was readying a plan to buy corporate bonds.
LONDON - The euro fell more than half a cent against the dollar on Tuesday after Reuters reported the European Central Bank was looking at buying corporate bonds as soon as December in its efforts to revive the euro zone economy.
PARIS - European stocks rose in early trading on Friday, halting the week's sharp drop after Wall Street pared losses as macro data soothed fears about the U.S. economic outlook.
LONDON - Sterling rose against the euro on Friday and looked set to post its biggest weekly gain against the common currency in eight months after a week in which growth worries - especially in the euro zone - have rattled markets.
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Britain sends drones to fly surveillance missions over Syria
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Rising UK borrowing leaves no room for pre-election sweeteners
- Ukraine and possibly rebels used cluster bombs - rights watchdog
- Hong Kong students put their case to government, but no breakthrough |
- Baghdad restaurant bombs kill 21
- Britain closer to sale of RBS shares
- Exclusive: EU to fine JPMorgan, UBS, Credit Suisse over Swiss franc Libor rigging
- Exclusive: ECB looking at corporate bond buys, could act as soon as Dec - sources