BEIJING - China is studying plans to curb currency speculation even as it seeks to quicken the process of making the yuan trade freely, a deputy central bank governor said.
NEW YORK - Bond prices climbed on Friday after a weak U.S. employment report increased worry about slowing global growth, while global equities were able to rebound from an initial selloff to close with strong gains. | Video
LONDON - Britain's benchmark share index on Friday closed higher on Friday but gave up much of the session's gains after weak U.S. jobs data fanned concerns over global growth.
NEW YORK - The global market volatility of the past month that sent U.S. stocks to their worst quarter in four years shows no signs of letting up just because the calendar turned to October.
WASHINGTON - U.S. employers slammed the brakes on hiring over the last two months, raising new doubts the economy is strong enough for the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates by the end of this year. | Video
- Russia is conducting 'asymmetric warfare' in Syria - Hammond
- Germany needs to limit refugee influx, close borders - Merkel allies
- Assad says Russian air campaign vital to save Middle East |
- Medical charity MSF demands independent inquiry into air strike on Afghan hospital |
- Iranian parliamentary panel gives conditional nod to nuclear deal
- Cameron says Russian military action in Syria a 'terrible mistake'
- Families mourn victims of Guatemala landslide, hundreds feared dead |
- Cameron refuses to rule out Brexit, says recasting EU ties hard work
- Greek coast guard recovers body of migrant baby on Kos
- Insight - Germany faces logistical nightmare as refugee inflows hit record