LONDON - The dollar was steady on Friday after its strongest weekly run since March and world stocks were near all-time highs as markets waited for steers from the Federal Reserve and ECB on diverging policy plans.
LONDON - Britain's top share index steadied on Friday, with investors trading cautiously ahead of a speech by U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen that could provide hints about the timing of a U.S. rate hike.
LONDON - Sterling bulls licked their wounds on Friday and fought back from a mauling that has seen the currency suffer its longest losing streak against the dollar in six years.
SINGAPORE/SYDNEY - The dollar hovered just below its 2014 peak against a basket of major currencies on Friday, with bulls turning cautious ahead of a speech by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen.
LONDON - Britain's top equity index rose on Thursday on gains in healthcare stocks, led by AstraZeneca on speculation rejected U.S. suitor Pfizer might make another bid.
- Iraqi, Kurdish forces try to recapture Islamic State-held towns
- Moscow defies Kiev, orders aid convoy onto Ukrainian soil
- Documented death toll in Syria war at least 191,369 through April 2014 - U.N.
- Insight - Amid U.S. air strikes, Iraq struggles to build own air force
- Malaysia mourns as bodies of MH17 victims finally come home
- Insight - Amid outward calm, climate of fear cements Thai military rule
- Some South Korean ferry mourners tire of the politics of closure
- Execution of U.S. journalist reveals the changing business of war coverage
- Business leaders to speak against Scottish independence - Telegraph
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |