NEW YORK - Global equity markets rose on Thursday, boosted by solid U.S. economic data and upbeat results from some U.S. companies, including General Electric, while the dollar rose after a joint call by major powers for an end to the fighting in Ukraine.
NEW YORK - The yen fell on Thursday as efforts toward finding a diplomatic solution to ending violence in eastern Ukraine prompted traders to trim safe-haven yen holdings ahead of the Easter holiday weekend.
LONDON - Britain's top shares rose to a one-week closing high on Thursday after upbeat U.S. results from Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs drove up financials and allayed investor concerns about the current earnings season.
LONDON - The yield on the first bond Greece has sold since its 2012 default fell below its issuance level on Thursday as Athens rejoined a rally in peripheral debt markets after a brief period of selling pressure.
LONDON - European equities finished higher on Thursday after losing ground earlier in the session, with upbeat results from major U.S. companies like Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and General Electric improving sentiment.
- Four-way talks call for end to Ukraine violence |
- U.N. inquiry chief wants North Korea hauled before international court
- Algeria's Bouteflika camp claims election win, rival alleges fraud
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Mt. Gox suitors seek support to save bitcoin exchange
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |
- Exclusive - GM says recalled cars safe, but has not tested for knee-bump danger
- Students add Easter twist to dwindling Venezuela protests
- Manager at Japan's Fukushima plant admits radioactive water 'embarrassing'
- Iran cuts sensitive nuclear stockpile, key plant delayed - IAEA