LONDON - U.S. expansion plans for Associated British Foods and expectations of consolidation in the drugs sector kept FTSE 100 near a two-week high on Wednesday.
SYDNEY/SINGAPORE - The New Zealand dollar rallied on Thursday after the country's central bank raised interest rates and signalled more hikes ahead, while caution ahead of a speech by the European Central Bank's president kept the euro subdued.
LISBON/LONDON - Portugal sold its first bonds at auction in three years on Wednesday, paying a record low yield that was seen as vote of market confidence and a boost to Lisbon's chances of making a clean break from its bailout next month.
LONDON - British insurance company Saga is planning a London stock market debut that could value the company at 3 billion pounds, two sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs 7-for-1 stock split |
- UK says breakaway Scotland would struggle to pay welfare bill
- Facebook first-quarter revenue grows 72 percent on rising mobile ads |
- Syria eyes end of chemical arms monitoring mission; West disagrees
- Obama uses Japan visit to reassure wary Asian allies |
- U.N. Security Council members mulling South Sudan sanctions
- Hamas, Abbas's PLO announce reconciliation agreement