NEW YORK Speculators lifted favourable bets on the U.S. dollar for a fourth straight week, with net longs hitting their highest in roughly nine months, according to Reuters calculations and data from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission released on Friday.
NEW YORK The dollar rose to its highest level since early February against a basket of currencies on Friday, boosted by higher expectations of a Federal Reserve interest rate hike this year and by the euro weakening to seven-month lows.
LONDON Officials looking into the factors behind the dramatic fall in sterling on Oct. 7 will issue an initial report to a group of global central banks in early November, sources with knowledge of the investigation said.
LONDON Britain must copy European Union rules if it wants to keep the clearing of euro-denominated financial contracts in London after it leaves the EU, Bundesbank executive board member Andreas Dombret said on Thursday.
- In EU's interests to give Britain tariff-free trade post-Brexit - minister
- Still here? EU reality dims British demand on full membership
- Two senior members of troubled UKIP party enter leadership race
- UK could slash corporation tax to 10 pct if EU blocks Brexit trade deal - Sunday Times
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. lawmakers raise concerns over AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Trump would '100 percent' accept election result if it's fair, son
- Banks preparing to leave UK over Brexit, says banking body chief executive
- Iraqi Kurds claim capture of town in advance on Mosul
- Battle for Aleppo intensifies after ceasefire ends
- Saudi Arabia looks to Russia to boost non-OPEC cooperation