LONDON Sterling climbed broadly on Thursday, hitting a two-week high against the dollar, as concerns about the shape of politics in the United States and continental Europe gave the British currency a breather from Brexit worries.
TOKYO The dollar clawed back some ground on Friday after skidding to a two-week low against the yen, but was still on track for weekly losses after the Federal Reserve meeting minutes disappointed dollar bulls.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump declared China the "grand champions" of currency manipulation on Thursday, just hours after his new Treasury secretary pledged a more methodical approach to analysing Beijing's foreign exchange practices.
NEW YORK, Feb 23 The Federal Reserve provided $143 million of liquidity to foreign central banks in the latest week via its swap lines for foreign central banks, the New York Fed said on Thursday.
LONDON Sterling fell on Wednesday after data showed UK business investment fell in the fourth quarter of 2016 and indicated tougher economic times lie ahead, despite overall growth hitting its fastest pace for a year.
- Exclusive - Trump wants to make sure U.S. nuclear arsenal at 'top of the pack' |
- Scottish government believes it can call, win new independence vote - sources
- Ireland's Kenny, in Brussels, wins EU Brexit backing
- Asian shares off 1 1/2-yr high, Trump's yuan comment in focus
- Malaysia says VX nerve agent was used in murder of Kim Jong Nam
- Retailer John Lewis to cut net 387 jobs in restructuring
- Vital test for Labour as polls open in party heartlands
- Syria's warring sides face off as U.N. tells them - end the nightmare
- Iraqi forces storm Mosul airport, military base |
- Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge