LONDON - Stocks fell in Europe and Asia and the dollar strengthened on Thursday after the Federal Reserve took an upbeat view of the world's largest economy and signalled it was on track to raise interest rates this year.
LONDON - Brent crude oil futures held above $48 a barrel on Thursday as investor inflows offset data showing that U.S. crude stocks had hit a record high.
LONDON - The U.S. dollar inched higher against the yen and was steady to the euro on Thursday after a Federal Reserve statement which, with some caveats, was read as keeping the bank on track to raise interest rates later this year.
LONDON - Sterling fell against the dollar on Thursday as interest rate differentials moved in favour of the greenback after the Federal Reserve gave an upbeat assessment of the U.S. economy.
- Islamic State purportedly sets new deadline for hostage swap |
- Britain says fighter jets scrambled to intercept Russian bombers
- Shell cuts spending by $15 billion as lower oil price takes toll
- Egypt, Syria, Iraq used 2014 turmoil to abuse rights - report
- French co-pilot flying AirAsia jet before crash - investigators
- Greek PM freezes privatisations, markets tumble |
- Israel says Hezbollah not interested in escalating violence
- Oil holds above $48 a barrel after U.S. stocks hit record high
- Poland says more sanctions against Russia needed - minister
- Sri Lanka's new government plans fresh war crimes probe