SYDNEY - The safe-haven yen held firm on Friday, while the euro was on track to post its second straight month of declines as tensions between Ukraine and Russia flared again.
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks edged lower on Thursday after the latest tension between Ukraine and Russia snapped the focus of investors back to the volatile region, but U.S. economic data helped curb losses.
WASHINGTON - Emerging markets took in only $9 billion in stock and bond investments in August, below the average for the past three months and lackluster even compared to prior Augusts, a global financial industry group said on Wednesday.
- The first interdealer trading platform aimed at opening up credit derivatives markets to new competition has hit roadblocks due to resistance from some banks that dominate such trading, according to several people familiar with the situation.
NEW YORK - Investors in U.S.-based funds poured $2.6 billion into stock funds in the week ended Aug. 20 on a rebound in risk appetite, data from the Investment Company Institute showed on Wednesday.
LONDON, Aug 28 - European shares, the euro currency and Bund yields fell on Thursday after the Ukrainian president said Russian forces had invaded his country.
NEW YORK, Aug 28 - U.S. stocks edged lower on Thursday after the latest spark of tensions between Ukraine and Russian forces, snapping investors' focus back on the volatile region, but the latest batch of U.S. economic data helped curb losses.
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.6 pct, Euro STOXX 50 down 0.9 pct
* Trust banks may be buying Topix - analysts * Nikkei off 1.0 pct for week, off 1.7 pct for month * Pioneer tumbles after dissolving alliance with Sharp By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Aug 29 - Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Friday morning as tensions in the Ukraine conflict flared up again, but hopes that domestic investors would start buying up large-cap stocks limited the losses. The Nikkei dropped 0.5 percent to 15,376.16 in mid-morning trade. For the week, the N
* Macau casinos down as outlook remains weak (Updates to midday)
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold steady, heads for monthly gain on Ukraine tension
- Oil Report: EXCLUSIVE-Morgan Stanley plans natgas export plant in new commodities foray
- British Pound Report: Euro drops back to 2-week lows vs sterling on Ukraine news
- US Dollar Report : FOREX-Yen supported on Ukraine tensions, euro braces for inflation test