BEIJING China's retail sales grew 11.2 percent during the week-long Lunar New Year vacation compared with the same holiday period last year, Ministry of Commerce data showed on Saturday.
NEW YORK As U.S. stocks continue to struggle in 2016, equities are showing some signs selling pressure may be reaching an end.
FRANKFURT Europe's financial market turmoil could delay a rise in inflation even further and banks will need to be fixed with forceful action over time, European Central Bank Executive Board member Benoit Coeure told a German newspaper on Saturday.
BEIJING Speculators should not be allowed to dominate market sentiment regarding China's foreign exchange reserves and it was quite normal for reserves to fall as well as rise, central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan was quoted as saying on Saturday.
U.S. stocks rallied on Friday, snapping a five-day losing streak in the S&P 500, as financial, commodity-related and other beaten-down shares rebounded. | Video
* Indexes up: Dow 2 pct, S&P 2 pct, Nasdaq 1.7 pct (Updates to close)
LONDON, Feb 12 European shares rebounded on Friday as Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank rallied, helping stock markets stage a partial recovery from stinging losses earlier in the week.
* When USD falls 1 yen, it pushes Nikkei down 400 pts - Nomura
* China FX fixings, data key for trading next week (Updates to close, adds China details)
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold heads for best week since 2011 on safe-haven appeal
- Oil Report: UPDATE 3-Oklahoma hit by its third-strongest earthquake ever -USGS
- British Pound Report: Sterling index hits 15-mth low as investors factor in rate cut risk
- US Dollar Report : FOREX-Dollar rises as U.S. data suggests Fed hike still possible