NEW YORK - U.S. stocks retreated on Tuesday from the previous session's rally, though major indexes were headed for a positive first quarter, while the euro was on track for its biggest quarterly fall as worries about Greece kept the currency under pressure. | Video
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday in a modest retreat from the previous session's sharp rally, but major indexes remained on track for a positive first quarter and the S&P 500 was set for its ninth straight quarterly rise.
LONDON - Brent crude oil dropped towards $55 a barrel on Tuesday as Iran and six world powers entered a final day of talks over a nuclear deal that could see the energy-rich country increase oil exports to world markets.
- Uncertainty surrounding the timing of the U.S. Federal Reserve's interest rate hike has tempered analysts' forecasts for stock market gains this year, Reuters polls showed on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks are forecast to post more modest gains this year than in 2014 as rising interest rates and a firmer dollar partly offset strong economic growth, a Reuters poll found.
NEW YORK - The euro fell to a 10-day low against the dollar on Tuesday, putting it on track for its worst-ever quarter, as investors renewed bets the U.S. Federal Reserve would raise rates later this year while the European Central Bank moves to boost the euro zone economy.
PARIS, March 31 - European shares fell on Tuesday, taking a breather from their recent sharp rally, but recorded big gains for the quarter with Germany's DAX posting its strongest first-quarter gain since its creation in 1988.
* Dow down 0.4 pct, S&P 500 and Nasdaq both fall 0.3 pct (Adds economic data)
PARIS, March 31 - European shares slipped on Tuesday after their recent sharp rally but retained big gains for the quarter, with Germany's DAX posting its strongest first-quarter performance since its creation in 1988.
* For the month, Nikkei gained 2.2 pct * For the quarter, index rose 10 pct * Coming BOJ tankan survey, U.S. job data eyed By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, March 31 - Japan's Nikkei share average dropped on Tuesday, shedding early gains as investors took profits on the last trading day of the quarter. The Nikkei benchmark fell 1.1 percent to 19,206.99 in choppy trade after rising to touch 19,607.25 in the morning. For the month, the Nikkei gained 2.2 percent and posted
SHANGHAI, March 31 - Hong Kong shares finished higher on Tuesday following the Chinese central bank's decision to loosen some restrictions on real estate lending.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold rebounds on shares, still set for 2nd monthly fall
- Oil Report: Nigeria's Buhari wins election by 2.1 mln votes - Reuters tally
- British Pound Report: Sterling hits one-week high vs euro on better than expected UK GDP data
- US Dollar Report : FOREX-Euro falls, set to post worst quarter ever; dollar best since 2008