NEW YORK - The U.S. dollar edged lower against a basket of major currencies on Monday, halting last week's strongest advance since March but still hovering near six-month highs as traders awaited a glut of economic data and policy releases.
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks fell on Monday as weak data on the housing market and services sector were the latest indications of worsening economic conditions, taking the S&P 500 below a key support level.
TOKYO - Japan's Nikkei average rose to six-month highs on Monday, and looked poised to test key resistance levels around 15,500 points, on hopes of continued improvement in corporate earnings.
LONDON - Britain's main equity index was little changed on Monday, helped by solid results from consumer-goods company Reckitt Benckiser and strong data about Chinese corporate profits.
- Bond issuance volumes from sub-Saharan African have already surpassed last year's levels with the promise of more to come.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.4 pct, S&P 0.5 pct, Nasdaq 0.7 pct (Updates to market open, adds economic data)
LONDON/PARIS, July 28 - European stocks traded flat on Monday, with strong earnings updates from firms like Ryanair and spin-off talk from Reckitt Benckiser balancing concerns over the implications of new international sanctions on Russia.
TOKYO, July 28 - The Nikkei share average hit a six-month closing high on Monday, buoyed by hopes for improvement in domestic corporate earnings, while casino-related plays outperformed on a media report that new casinos could be opened in Japan before the 2020 Summer Olympics. The benchmark Nikkei gained 0.5 percent to 15,529.40 points, its highest closing level since Jan. 23. Since mid-June, the index has tried a few times to rise above the 15,500 level but in vain. Still, th
* BoCom leads bank gains on plans to seek more private investors
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold slips on strong dollar, support from global tensions
- Oil Report: UN warns of sanctions for oil trading with Syria, Iraq militants
- British Pound Report: UPDATE 2-Investors start pricing in Scotland vote risk for sterling
- US Dollar Report : FOREX-Dollar edges lower ahead of key U.S. economic data