TOKYO - The U.S. dollar hovered close to an 11-year high against a basket of currencies while Asian shares firmed in early trade on Tuesday, with sentiment bolstered by another record day on Wall Street.
NEW YORK - The Nasdaq on Monday closed above 5,000 for the first time since the year 2000 dot-com bubble as tech stocks were boosted by deals, while the S&P 500 and Dow indexes hit records after economic data pointed to a slowly accelerating economy. | Video
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumer spending fell for a second straight month in January as households continued to cut back on purchases, opting to save much of the massive windfall from cheaper gasoline. | Video
WASHINGTON - Regulators shouldn't weaken a rule that limits banks' borrowing, a senior U.S. bank supervisor said on Monday, indicating a possible split with the derivatives watchdog over the issue.
NEW YORK - India's economy needs to reach an annual growth rate of 9 percent to 10 percent and then sustain that activity "many, many more years than 10 years" in order to improve infrastructure and bring down rampant poverty, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Monday.
WASHINGTON - The Federal Reserve Bank of New York on Monday announced the dates of its March offerings of reverse repurchase agreements, part of the bank's preparations for managing an increase in interest rates expected later this year.
LONDON, March 2 - European shares kicked off March on a flat note on Monday, with a boost from merger activity in the telecoms sector offset by falls in media group Vivendi .
* Markit manufacturing hits 4-month high, ISM hits 13-month low
LONDON, March 2 - European shares ended lower after setting new multi-year highs on Monday, with Greek banks slipping on lingering concerns about the country's debt and energy shares tracking a sharp decline in crude oil prices.
* Sharp dives to 3-week low * Chip-related shares outperform after Nasdaq rises * Nikkei futures snap a 13-day winning streak * Regional banks lower after CLSA cuts ratings By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, March 3 - Japan's Nikkei share average fell in choppy trade on Tuesday as investors took profits from the recent gains, but losses were limited as sentiment was supported by strong Wall Street performances. Sharp Corp tumbled as much as 9.8 percent on news that it is
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
- Brazil: STXNEWS LATAM-Eneva suspends debt-servicing payments for a month
- Canada: CANADA STOCKS-TSX advances as Valeant climbs, offsets weaker oil shares
- Chile: STXNEWS LATAM-Chile's SQM plummets, trading halted after potash shakeup
- Mexico: Mexico stocks fall over 3 pct; lowest intraday level since April