NEW YORK - The Dow industrials hit a record high on Friday as stocks rallied on Wall Street after the Bank of Japan significantly ramped up its stimulus program, just days after the Federal Reserve wound down its years-long package of incentives.
NEW YORK - The yen plunged to a near seven-year low against the U.S. dollar on Friday, putting it on track for its worst day in 18 months, after the Bank of Japan shocked financial markets with an aggressive easing of its monetary policy.
NEW YORK - Global equity markets rallied and the yen fell to a nearly seven-year low against the dollar on Friday after the Bank of Japan surprised financial markets by ramping up its massive stimulus program. | Video
LONDON - Major U.S. and European investment banks this month boosted to as much as $6.5 billion their collective war chest for settling with global regulators who are investigating allegations of collusion and manipulation in the foreign exchange market.
NEW YORK - During Morgan Stanley's public earnings call earlier this month, Chief Executive James Gorman made a remark that hit his commodities staff like a bombshell: the bank plans to further "optimize" its business of owning and trading stuff like oil, natural gas, electricity and metals.
LONDON - Equity holdings in global portfolios dipped to the lowest in more than a year in October as lingering caution about world growth and central bank policies prompted European, U.S. and British funds to trim allocations.
* Indexes up: Dow 1 percent, S&P 1 percent, Nasdaq 1.2 percent (Updates to midday)
LONDON, Oct 31 - European shares surged on Friday, on track for their biggest weekly gain so far this year, after the Bank of Japan surprised global financial markets by ramping up its massive stimulus spending.
* Nikkei posts 7.3 pct weekly gain, 1.5 pct monthly gain * Weak yen drives exporter shares higher * Abe may use strong market performance as ammunition to stick to initial tax hike plan - traders * Kuroda taking proactive approach - analysts * Hopes GPIF will announce increase in Japan, foreign stocks help mood By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Oct 31 - Japanese stocks soared to levels before the global financial crisis on Friday, after the Bank of Japan stunned markets
HONG KONG, Oct 31 - Hong Kong shares ended higher on Friday, reflecting strength in the Chinese market and greater risk appetite after strong U.S. growth data, leaving the market with its biggest monthly gain since July.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to 4-year lows on rocketing dollar
- Oil Report: South Sudan famine temporarily averted, but risks remain - U.N.
- British Pound Report: Sterling sinks to two-week low against rallying dollar
- US Dollar Report : FOREX-Yen slammed to near seven-year low vs dollar on BoJ easing