BEIJING - China's annual consumer inflation unexpectedly slowed to 3 percent in November from an eight-month high of 3.2 percent, official data showed on Monday, easing market fears of imminent policy tightening amid signs of momentum in the economy.
NEW YORK - Stocks soared on Friday, with the Dow and the S&P 500 ending a five-day losing streak after a robust jobs report gave traders confidence that the economic recovery was gaining strength. | Video
TOKYO/SYDNEY - The euro raced to a near six-week high against the dollar and scaled a fresh five-year peak versus the yen on Monday after strong U.S. payrolls data boosted risk appetite despite threats of a possible reduction in the U.S. monetary stimulus.
- Cerberus Capital Management LP is working on a mechanism that would allow its fund investors to exit Freedom Group Inc, the maker of the Bushmaster rifle used in the Newtown, Connecticut school shooting rampage, people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
TOKYO - Japanese business confidence improved in the three months to December and is predicted to continue rising, a Reuters poll showed on Monday, adding to evidence of a steady recovery in the world's third-largest economy.
* Dow, S&P end 5-day losing streak and 8-week winning streak
LONDON, Dec 6 - European equities rose on Friday, snapping their longest losing streak in six months thanks to a rally in Swiss food firm Nestle and robust U.S. jobs data.
* Strong U.S. jobs report boosts risk appetite, hurts yen * Upbeat China trade data also lifts mood * Nikkei up 50 pct year to date * Nikkei heads for best yearly gain since 1972 By Dominic Lau TOKYO, Dec 9 - Japan's Nikkei stock average climbed as much as 2 percent on Monday morning, buoyed by a slide in the yen after an upbeat U.S. jobs report raised expectations the Federal Reserve will soon begin unwinding its stimulus. Declines in the yen tend to boost sen
* Exporters lifted by strong China Nov exports, U.S. jobs report
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
- Brazil: EMERGING MARKETS-Brazil stocks rise after U.S. job data, Mexico holds steady
- Canada: CANADA STOCKS-TSX rebounds on jobs data, bank shares
- Chile: STXNEWS LATAM-Chile's SQM plummets, trading halted after potash shakeup
- Mexico: EMERGING MARKETS-Brazil stocks rise after U.S. job data, Mexico holds steady
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold clouded by US stimulus doubts; short-covering cushions losses
- Oil Report: GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares advance on China trade, falling yen
- British Pound Report: Sterling up on strong housing data, shrugs off U.S. payrolls
- US Dollar Report : FOREX-Euro in favour as brisk U.S. jobs data lifts risk appetite