NEW YORK - Stocks gained slightly on Friday as investors were cautious after a three-day drop and ahead of the Federal Reserve's final policy meeting of the year next week.
NEW YORK - The dollar rose for a second straight session against the euro on Friday, as investors began pricing in the possibility that the U.S. Federal Reserve could announce a small reduction in its massive stimulus at next week's meeting.
DUBLIN - Three years after going cap in hand to international lenders to avert bankruptcy, Ireland has officially ended its bailout in a landmark for the euro zone's efforts to resolve its debt crisis. | Video
MADRID - U.S. casino operator Las Vegas Sands has abandoned plans to invest more than $30 billion in a gambling resort outside Madrid, dealing a major blow to the capital as Spain tries to revitalize its economy after a five-year slump.
FRANKFURT - Banks will return a massive 22.65 billion euros ($31.15 billion) of crisis loans early to the European Central Bank next week, the ECB said on Friday, putting pressure on money-market rates and on the ECB to ease its policy.
LONDON, Dec 13 - European shares hit fresh two-month lows on Friday on concerns the U.S. Federal Reserve may start trimming its stimulus from next week, but analysts said further losses may be limited by strong technical support levels.
* Producer prices fall for third straight month in November
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.2 pct, Euro STOXX 50 down 0.2 pct * FTSEurofirst 300 down 4.8 percent in two weeks * Peugeot shares tumble again as GM offload stake * Investment flows into Europe stocks still buoyant -Lipper By Blaise Robinson PARIS, Dec 13 - European stocks inched lower on Friday in light volumes, adding to a near 5 percent pullback in two weeks, as investors remained on edge before next week's U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting. A recent batch of
TOKYO, Dec 13 - The Nikkei stock average ended a three-day run of losses on Friday as the yen slumped to a five-year low against the dollar following strong U.S. retail sales data, lifting the appeal of Japanese equities. The Nikkei finished 0.4 percent higher at 15,403.11 and was up 0.7 percent for the week, while the broader Topix index closed down 0.3 percent at 1,238.88. Trading volume on the benchmark Nikkei surged to a five-month high, with 2.46 billion shares chang
HONG KONG, Dec 13 - Hong Kong shares trimmed weekly losses on Friday, with the Chinese banking sector leading a tepid rebound after it was hit this week by worries Beijing would lower 2014 growth targets and signs of quicker interest rate liberalisation.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold rises 1 pct but still vulnerable on Fed uncertainty
- Oil Report: Gunmen shoot dead 18 oil workers in northeast Iraq - medical, local sources
- British Pound Report: Sterling falls to 1-month low vs euro, 2-week trough against dollar
- US Dollar Report : FOREX-Dollar gains for second day on chance of a Fed taper