LONDON, Feb 24 Europe's stocks benchmark fell more than 1 percent on Friday while German and French indexes slid by their most in nearly 5 months as jitters in the bond markets over political risk looked to have spilled over into equities.
MEXICO CITY Mexico would probably respond to any tariff the United States imposes on imports from its southern neighbor with levies on select goods, Mexico's Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray said on Friday.
- Wall Street edges higher to give Dow 11th straight record |
- U.S. new home sales rebound; consumer sentiment dips
- N.Y. Fed holds U.S. first quarter GDP growth view near 3.1 percent
- Stocks cool, bonds heat up as Trump optimism pauses
- 'Made in Paraguay': a cheaper label for some Brazilian manufacturers
- Europe & Middle East
- United States
- Asia Pacific
* Dialog surges on results, but Technicolor disappoints (Adds details, closing prices)
LONDON, Feb 23 European shares edged up to near a 14-month high on Thursday, supported by a rally in Barclays and Dialog.
LONDON, Feb 23 European shares steadied near a 14-month high on Thursday, with a rally in stocks of companies like Barclays and RSA following their positive updates offsetting some weaker firms including Technicolor and Veolia.
* Ericsson gains on Cisco takeover speculation (Adds details, closing prices)
LONDON, Feb 22 European shares climbed to a new 14-month high on Wednesday, supported by well-received earnings updates from companies such as Lloyds, Telefonica Deutschland and Scor.
* HSBC slumps after plunge in pre-tax profits (Adds details, closing prices)
LONDON, Feb 21 European equities edged higher on Tuesday, with optimism generated by encouraging manufacturing surveys outpacing a steep decline in shares of heavyweight bank HSBC after a slump in the lender's annual pre-tax profit.
LONDON, Feb 21 European equities slipped in early trading on Tuesday, with HSBC leading the regional banking index lower after reporting a 62 percent slump in its annual pre-tax profit.
European shares up, Unilever and Pearson weigh on FTSE - For more see the European equities LiveMarkets blog
LONDON, Feb 20 Live coverage of European markets now available on cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets