NEW YORK - U.S. stock index futures rallied on Friday alongside most markets globally after the Bank of Japan significantly ramped up its stimulus program just days after the U.S. Federal Reserve wound down its own package of economic incentives.
LONDON - The yen tumbled to its lowest level in nearly seven years against the dollar on Friday, putting it on track for its biggest losses in 18 months, after the Bank of Japan shocked markets by unexpectedly easing policy further.
LONDON - World shares jumped and the yen fell to a seven-year low against the dollar on Friday as the Bank of Japan surprised financial markets by significantly expanding its massive stimulus program. | Video
LONDON - Equity holdings in global portfolios dipped to the lowest in more than a year in October as lingering caution about world growth and central bank policies prompted European, U.S. and British funds to trim allocations.
TOKYO - Japanese life insurers are looking to buy more foreign bonds in the six months to March as yields on domestic bonds have fallen to uneconomical levels due to the Bank of Japan's massive purchases as part of its monetary easing program.
NEW YORK - U.S. equity options exchange operators warned on Thursday that a new rule to be implemented on Jan. 1 aimed at making sure banks have adequate capital levels could significantly raise costs for many investors that trade options.
* Futures up: Dow 191 pts, S&P 22 pts, Nasdaq 60 pts (Updates prices, adds comment)
* Nikkei posts 7.3 pct weekly gain, 1.5 pct monthly gain * Weak yen drives exporter shares higher * Abe may use strong market performance as ammunition to stick to initial tax hike plan - traders * Kuroda taking proactive approach - analysts * Hopes GPIF will announce increase in Japan, foreign stocks help mood By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Oct 31 - Japanese stocks soared to levels before the global financial crisis on Friday, after the Bank of Japan stunned markets
HONG KONG, Oct 31 - Hong Kong shares ended higher on Friday, reflecting strength in the Chinese market and greater risk appetite after strong U.S. growth data, leaving the market with its biggest monthly gain since July.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to 4-year lows on dollar, shares
- Oil Report: Libyan oil ports and fields are safe, under government control -interior minister says
- British Pound Report: Sterling edges up as Fed policy expectations peg back dollar
- US Dollar Report : FOREX-Yen slides to seven-year low after surprise BOJ policy easing