* Earnings lift Moneysupermarket, but Royal Mail down on results
SAN FRANCISCO U.S. President Donald Trump's administration is only hours old, but already a small parade of S&P 500 companies' chiefs have voiced optimism that his promised tax cuts, stimulus spending and deregulation will boost corporate profits.
- Trump trade strategy starts with quitting Asia pact: White House
- Asian media decry isolationist Trump, fear economic, diplomatic turmoil
- Crumbling lira pressures Turkish retailers as economy slows
- Ministers positive on OPEC, non-OPEC oil output cuts
- UK's May looks to boost technology industry as she eyes life after Brexit
- Europe & Middle East
- United States
- Asia Pacific
* Royal Mail falls after results (Recasts, adds quotes and detail, updates prices)
LONDON, Jan 19 European shares rose on Thursday in early deals, as Zodiac Aerospace's shares surged after France's Safran's takeover offer, and Moneysupermarket.com jumped after results.
* Miners top gainers as copper steadies (Recasts, adds quotes and detail, updates prices)
* Updates help ASML, Novozymes (Recasts, adds quotes and detail, updates prices)
LONDON, Jan 18 European shares edged higher on Wednesday in early deals, helped by a slew of well-received company results from ASML, Novozymes and Burberry, though shares in Pearson slumped after its update.
* Lufthansa surges on reports of Etihad talks (ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets) Adds details, closing prices)
* Banks, travel stocks lead gainers after May's Brexit speech
LONDON, Jan 17 European shares were dragged lower by miners and carmakers on Tuesday, as markets awaited details of Britain's Brexit position in a late morning speech by Prime Minister Theresa May.
LONDON, Jan 17 European shares fell on Tuesday, weighed by miners and autos, as markets awaited details of Britain's Brexit position in a late morning speech by Prime Minister Theresa May.