LONDON From a non-descript office in south London, Mark Hiley may be showing the way for Wall Street giants such as JPMorgan and Merrill Lynch to adapt to new European rules requiring them to charge an explicit fee for investment research.
LONDON French Socialist presidential candidate Benoit Hamon and hard-left candidate Jean-Luc Melenchon have failed to agree on an alliance in the upcoming presidential election, the two announced on Sunday.
LONDON Oil investors have placed the biggest bet in history that prices will rise, as the world's largest exporters cut output to reduce a glut in supply, and the futures market is suggesting for the first time in a year that they could be onto a winner.
LONDON/BOSTON Stock market optimism about U.S. President Donald Trump's economic agenda is overdone and political risk in Europe isn't priced in, according to some hedge funds who are betting that the rally in equities is coming to an end.
LONDON Politics have rarely been more fraught on either side of the Atlantic in the post-war era, and yet European stocks are marching steadily higher - casting doubt on the old adage that markets don't like uncertainty.
SHENYANG, China A flurry of construction in the Chinese city of Shenyang belies a regional economy in crisis, a striking example of the increasingly diminishing returns from a policy of investing heavily in infrastructure to prop up economic activity.
MILAN Italian banks are stuck in what stressed-debt experts call purgatory, still forced to pay a heavy price for their past sins despite loan data that suggests they are turning a corner.
LONDON Institutional investors pulled $468.8 billion out of equities in 2016, a report by the research firm eVestment showed on Tuesday, notwithstanding a rally late in the year that drove stock markets to record highs.
ATHENS Wanted: a chief executive to run Greece's bank-rescue fund. Job description: work hard and pray for a miracle.
SAN FRANCISCO Snap Inc takes to the road in London on Monday to promote its initial public offering with a daring proposition: that it can build hot-selling hardware gadgets and ad-friendly software features fast enough to stay one step ahead of Facebook.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- UK consumer morale dips as inflation pinches households - GfK
- London politicians tell UK government not to use EU workers as bargaining chip
- Trump seeks 'historic' U.S. military spending boost, domestic cuts
- UK needs more charm, less 'cheap rhetoric' for good Brexit deal - former PM Major
- House of Lords seeks to add conditions to Brexit notice
- Asian shares add to solid February gains, await Trump policy speech
- Facebook's virtual reality ambitions could be threatened by court order
- As Brexit talks loom, EU to dodge early clearing clash
- SpaceX to send first paying tourists around moon next year
- Tweeting accountant blamed for Oscar best picture blunder |