LONDON - Investors in British assets may be headed for a year of uncertainty as the developed world's second fastest growing economy faces something more usually associated with emerging markets: political risk.
LONDON - If Saudi Oil Minister Ali al Naimi wants to stop conspiracy theories spreading before a crucial OPEC meeting next week, it's too late.
LONDON - Global investors are putting more money to work, reducing their cash reserves and buying up stocks, with optimism on Japan reaching its highest level since 2005, a monthly survey carried out last week showed.
PARIS - Gucci holds the luxury spending downturn mainly responsible for its poor performance but the Italian fashion brand may also have itself to blame, suggesting it could be time to change strategy and hire fresh talent.
LONDON - Turbulent October may prove a microcosm of the investment year ahead - a gut-wrenching rollercoaster ride for world markets that ultimately ended up back where it started, except for one or two notable casualties along the way.
SINGAPORE - Ship fuel prices rose on Monday and buyers scrambled for new stocks after the bankruptcy of the world's biggest supplier, Denmark's OW Bunker, due to a suspected fraud at its Asian subsidiary plunged the troubled sector into fresh turmoil.
LONDON/PARIS - Belt-tightening by big energy majors faced with plunging oil prices is battering the finances and share prices of their suppliers, as investors reassess the sector's ability to keep gushing cash.
LONDON - Ebola, terrorism and political upheaval - headlines from Africa over the past year seem a far cry from the inspiring 'Africa Rising' story. But many newly found investors are sticking with the plot.
DETROIT - Detroit's plan for exiting the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history broke new ground by using land as a bargaining chip with creditors and could serve as a model for other distressed municipalities.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
- U.S.: US STOCKS-Futures point to higher open on merger activity
- Brazil: STXNEWS LATAM-Eneva suspends debt-servicing payments for a month
- Canada: CANADA STOCKS-Global cues point to higher start
- Chile: STXNEWS LATAM-Chile's SQM plummets, trading halted after potash shakeup
- Mexico: Mexico stock exchange resumes trading
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold falls on firm dollar, China rate cut lends support
- Oil Report: Russia says "substantial progress" made in Iran talks
- British Pound Report: Sterling slumps after BoE pushes back investors' rate hike bets
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Euro gets some respite from rebound in German business sentiment
- Iran atom talks set to resume next month after missing deadline
- Three more Ukrainian soldiers killed - Kiev military
- BT in talks to buy UK mobile operator
- EU lawmakers to vote on Google break-up motion on Thursday
- Stalled Greek bailout talks to resume in Paris on Tuesday
- GSK shareholders to vote on Novartis deal on Dec. 18
- British banker's murder trial in Hong Kong adjourned until July |
- Italy's Renzi wins regional polls, low turnout sends warning
- Bomber targeted police commander in Afghan volleyball game attack
- Russia puts losses from sanctions, cheaper oil at up to $140 billion a year