LONDON - Equity investors piled a net $9.1 billion into Japan mutual funds and ETFs last month, while exiting some emerging markets, showing continued support for "Abenomics" - Japan's efforts to revitalise economic growth.
WASHINGTON - The chances of a deal between Democratic and Republican lawmakers that would overhaul the U.S. tax system, trim government spending and reform safety net spending programs appear to be fading.
GENEVA - As Prime Minister David Cameron struggles to accommodate eurosceptics in his own party, trade experts warn that quitting the European Union would force Britain not just to rework trade relations with the EU, but also with the EU's trade partners and probably the World Trade Organization.
LONDON - A broad collapse of company profits in the developing world shows no sign of abating, forcing investors to tilt portfolios towards sectors such as healthcare or consumer goods where margins are more robust.
NEW YORK - U.S. companies are hiring more workers and home prices, stock markets and energy production are climbing. But a sudden narrowing in the U.S. budget deficit could trump all that - and provide another leg up for U.S. asset prices.
NEW YORK - Alternative asset managers such as Blackstone Group and KKR & Co have for decades scoured the stock market for undervalued companies. Now they are trying to convince investors that shares in their own firms are a bargain.
BRUSSELS - Cyprus and Malta have a lot in common: Mediterranean islands enjoying 10 months of sunshine a year, they joined the European Union in 2004, use the euro and have banking sectors that dwarf their economies.
LONDON - Debt may be everywhere but there's a scarcity of bonds.
TOKYO - The dollar extended its relentless rally against the Japanese currency on Friday to break above 101 to its highest since April 2009, after signs that Japanese investors are buying more foreign assets provided yet another reason to sell yen.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
- U.S.: US STOCKS-Wall St falters in volatile session on Fed worries
- Brazil: EMERGING MARKETS-Mexico stocks near 8-month low as Brazil leaps
- Canada: CANADA STOCKS-TSX edges up as Fed talk buoys golds, drags banks
- Chile: STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks jump on US jobs, Europe
- Mexico: Mexico's stocks down 1 pct, briefly touch 8-month low
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- PM seeks answers after soldier hacked to death
- First-quarter economic growth unrevised at 0.3 percent
- Lloyds raises 450 million pounds from St. James's Place share sale
- Kerry begins round of talks with Israel, Palestinians
- EU's Barnier wants big companies to reveal national tax bills
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity, capacity unclear
- Exclusive: China urbanisation plan hits roadblock over spending fears - sources
- Roadside bomb kills 13 in southwest Pakistan |
- IMF's Lagarde in court for French arbitration case
- China factory activity shrinks for first time in seven months - flash PMI