LONDON - As the Bank of England moves closer to raising interest rates for the first time since 2007, the strength of sterling is causing disagreement among its policymakers over when to pull the trigger.
BRUSSELS - The battle for Europe will be won or lost in Germany.
LONDON - New cancer drug cocktails set to reach the market in the next few years will test the limits of premium pricing for life-saving medicines, forcing company executives to consider fresh market strategies.
LONDON - U.S. equities' share in global portfolios fell to the lowest in at least five years and U.S. bond allocations were also cut as nervous investors started readying themselves for the first Federal Reserve rate rise in almost a decade.
LONDON - British investors bumped up their stock bets by the most in a year in July and pulled out of cash, a Reuters poll found, after a deal to keep Greece in the euro stoked investors' appetite for riskier assets.
LONDON - European investors, jittery over China's economic health and reverberations of the euro zone crisis, kept cash allocations near three year highs but lifted exposure to European assets as immediate concerns over the Greek crisis subsided.
LONDON - China's $2 trillion equity rout may not be over yet but some foreign investors, far from fleeing a volatile market dominated by small-time traders, are swimming against the tide and buying more shares.
LONDON - The stampede out of emerging markets and commodities continued last week as investors dumped yet more billions of dollars worth of assets sensitive to higher U.S. interest rates and worries over China, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said on Friday.
LONDON - While local Chinese fret over the bursting of the Shanghai stock bubble, global investors are more worried about the yuan currency which once seemed destined to rise inexorably.
LONDON - Fear of falling prices in a debt-laden world has returned to unnerve investors and central banks alike, as the slide on oil and commodity markets that set off a deflation scare last year has resumed with a vengeance.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold up on softer dollar; platinum and palladium at multi-year lows
- Oil Report: OBAMA SAYS PRESSED U.N.'S BAN TO URGE OTHER COUNTRIES TO TAKE ON FIGHT AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE
- British Pound Report: Sterling drops on UK construction PMI miss, awaits BoE
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar flat, commodity currencies rise with oil
- UK takes 1 billion pounds hit in RBS sell-off |
- Drugmaker Shire bids $30 billion for Baxter spin-off Baxalta
- IAAF denies accusations of widespread doping
- Police force investigates child sex accusations against ex-PM Heath
- Bonuses for London commodities and rates trading chiefs plunge
- Greek market recovers some poise, but banks hammered again |
- Turkish jets hit PKK targets, soldiers killed in southeast
- Seven killed, about 20 taken in suspected Boko Haram attack in Cameroon
- Belgian minister under fire for saying migrants can pay for hotels
- Greece upbeat about bailout deal, sees one within two weeks