LONDON Up to $700 billion of European stocks, including major banks, could be in the firing line as the slump in oil prompts some producer countries' sovereign wealth funds to offload investments.
TOKYO When Prime Minister Shinzo Abe launched his three-pronged programme to revive Japan's stagnant, deflationary economy three years ago, the stock market cheered every step along the way.
SAN FRANCISCO Global economic uncertainty and worries about weak spending on information technology are forcing investors in cloud computing stocks and related enterprise companies to take a reality check.
PARIS/BRUSSELS Green power is cheap enough to compete with fossil fuels and will buck the trend of falling investment in oil and gas as it can offer long-term returns sheltered from political risk, investors and industry analysts say.
LONDON The world will store unwanted oil for most of 2016 as declines in U.S. output take time and OPEC is unlikely to cut a deal with other producers to reduce ballooning output, the International Energy Agency said.
LONDON The wild two-year downtrend in energy prices has been a nice ride for one phlegmatic Swedish hedge fund.
LONDON For all that some investors fear Britain leaving the European Union, holders of government debt have barely blinked, with prices near a three-year high last week and foreign investors making record purchases.
WASHINGTON Even as the Federal Reserve began raising interest rates in December its message was clear: it wanted to keep monetary conditions loose and felt the United States still needed accommodation to keep a modest recovery underway.
FRANKFURT The world's top central banks have all but given up hope of returning to conventional monetary policy soon with many touting rate cuts, raising the risk of competitive currency devaluations and doubts they can meet their mandates.
Europe Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold heads for best week in four years on safe-haven appeal
- Oil Report: UPDATE 7-Oil claws higher, but weekly loss looms on supply excess
- British Pound Report: Sterling index hits 15-mth low as investors factor in rate cut risk
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar jumps as solid data suggests Fed rate hike still in play
- Britain's economy will be worse off if it leaves the EU - Reuters poll
- FIFA ethics committee bans Valcke for 12 years
- Russian state's oil asset sale attracts LUKOIL interest
- Heralding Schengen suspension, EU gives Greece three months to fix borders
- WHO sees Zika link proven in weeks as U.S., India lead vaccine race
- Britain says missing Hong Kong bookseller 'involuntarily removed' to China
- Entertainer Rolf Harris to face further sex crime charges
- Dollar, stocks nudge higher as hurricane subsides
- With prize in sight, Brexit camp risks dashing its dream