Company Results & Outlooks
* Stock among top gainers on FTSE-100 Index (Adds CFO comment, analyst comment, share movement)
* Skeoch says markets to remain volatile (Adds CEO, analyst comments, background, share price)
Aug 4 - Fresnillo Plc, the world's biggest primary silver producer, said it would cut its planned capital expenditure for this year by 19 percent to $570 million, hurt by volatility in metal prices.
LONDON, Aug 4 - European stock markets lost ground on Tuesday, with French bank Credit Agricole and German carmaker BMW among the worst performers after reporting results, while weak oil prices also weighed on energy stocks.
Aug 4 - Direct Line Insurance Group Plc, the UK's largest motor insurer, said its first-half profit from continuing operations rose nearly 50 percent, helped by an absence of claims due to major weather events and higher-than-expected reserve releases.
* H1 pretax profit from continuing operations 315 million stg versus 211.7 million stg year ago
Aug 4 - Fresnillo Plc, a miner of silver and gold, said it would cut its planned 2015 capital expenditure to $570 million, hurt by volatility in metal prices.
LONDON, Aug 4 - British insurer and asset manager Standard Life's operating pre-tax profit rose 6 percent to 290 million pounds ($452.75 million) in its fiscal first half, with a drop in annuity business affecting performance.
* Group revenue up 15 pct, adjusted operating profit up 2 pct
* H1 total revenue $752.3 million versus $677.1 million year ago