Company Results & Outlooks
* Shares down a further 1.3 pct at market close (Adds funding detail, downgrade reaction)
* Q3 earnings jump 60 pct, raises full-year forecast again
LONDON, Oct 24 - Shire chief executive Flamming Ornskov told reporters on Friday:
LONDON, Oct 24 - Pharmaceutical firm Shire raised its guidance for full-year earnings on Friday, underlining its strong prospects as a standalone company after AbbVie Inc officially ditched its $55 billion purchase of the group on Tuesday.
* Shares rise nearly 6 pct (Adds comments from CEO, CFO, analysts; share movement)
* Customer deposits up 500 million pounds to 24.2 billion
DUBLIN, Oct 24 - European bank stress tests will find a capital shortfall of between 800 million and 1 billion euros at state-owned lender Permanent TSB (PTSB), the Irish Times reported on Friday without naming its sources.
Oct 24 - Electrical engineering company Spectris Plc cautioned that full-year profit would be "modestly below" market expectations as economic conditions in its main geographies had shown little improvement.
* Sales for Q3 ending September 30, 2014 were flat on a constant currency organic ("like-for-like") basis
* Q1 revenue increased by 3 pct to $62 million (Q1 2014: $60 million) in line with slightly higher prices