Company Results & Outlooks
PARIS, Aug 29 - French advertising agency Havas saw organic sales growth accelerate in the second quarter to hit 8 percent compared with the same period last year, outperforming larger rivals such as Omnicom and WPP.
* Slashes FY production forecast 20 pct to 32,000-36,000 bpd
* Rivals' shares down on fears of a wider price war (Adds quotes, detail, link to graphic)
* H1 production up 14 pct, equivalent to average production for H1 2014 of 17,801 bpd
* Cautions currency fluctuations to impact full-year results
* Provides following update with regard to its cooperation agreement with LightSquared
* Could "play active role" in industry consolidation (Adds CEO comment, shares, industry context)
Aug 29 - Chesnara Plc, an insurance-focused takeover specialist, reported a 26 percent rise in pretax profit, helped by growth in its Swedish open life insurance business.
* Continued strong trading with year to date like-for-like sales for 34 weeks to 24 august 2014 at 3.5% Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Editing by Neil Maidment)