Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: S&P Capital IQ Quantitative Report
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc Publishes Data Demonstrating Antisense Targeting Of ApoC-III Significantly Reduces ApoC-III And Triglycerides
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc announced publication of new data in journal Circulation Research [doi:10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.111.300367] demonstrating that antisense targeting of apolipoprotein C-III (apoC-III) resulted in reductions in apoC-III and triglycerides, each an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Hypertriglyceridemia is a serious medical condition associated with premature coronary artery disease and an increased risk for pancreatitis. Isis is developing antisense apoC-III inhibitor, ISIS-APOCIIIRx, for the treatment of patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia and plans to report top-line data in the middle of this year. Treatment with an antisense compound targeting apoC-III produced a variety of potential cardio-protective effects including dose-dependent reductions of apoC-III and triglycerides in all models and species, including man. In addition, treatment with an antisense compound targeting apoC-III resulted in enhanced triglyceride clearance from blood following a high-fat meal, reduction of VLDL particles and a slight increase in HDL-C levels. In all models and in the Phase 1 study, antisense inhibition of apoC-III was well tolerated. These data were consistent across multiple preclinical models and species and in a Phase 1 study in healthy volunteers demonstrating that Isis' antisense technology was able to produce predictable and consistent responses among different animal models that translate into corresponding activity in man.
Latest Developments for Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Isis Pharmaceuticals reports final Phase 2 data on ISIS-GCGR RX showing reduction in HbA1c in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- Isis Pharmaceuticals reports positive Phase 2 Data for ISIS-FXI Rx
- Isis Pharmaceuticals reports Phase 2 data on ISIS-GCGR Rx
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc reaffirms FY 2014 EBIT guidance - Conference Call
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- European Medicines Agency issues positive opinion, recommends full approval of Pharmacyclics Inc's Imbruvica for treatment of two blood cancers
- CanTx Inc and Novogen Ltd appoints contract manufacturing organizations to produce clinical batches of the experimental anti cancer drug
- Zhongyuan Union Stem Cell Bioengineering Co to set up joint venture
- Applied Genetic Technologies Crop announces pricing of public offering
- Share this
- Digg this