Provider: S&P Capital IQ Quantitative Report
Provider: Ford Investor Services, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc Publishes Data Demonstrating Antisense Targeting Of ApoC-III Significantly Reduces ApoC-III And Triglycerides
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc announced publication of new data in journal Circulation Research [doi:10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.111.300367] demonstrating that antisense targeting of apolipoprotein C-III (apoC-III) resulted in reductions in apoC-III and triglycerides, each an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Hypertriglyceridemia is a serious medical condition associated with premature coronary artery disease and an increased risk for pancreatitis. Isis is developing antisense apoC-III inhibitor, ISIS-APOCIIIRx, for the treatment of patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia and plans to report top-line data in the middle of this year. Treatment with an antisense compound targeting apoC-III produced a variety of potential cardio-protective effects including dose-dependent reductions of apoC-III and triglycerides in all models and species, including man. In addition, treatment with an antisense compound targeting apoC-III resulted in enhanced triglyceride clearance from blood following a high-fat meal, reduction of VLDL particles and a slight increase in HDL-C levels. In all models and in the Phase 1 study, antisense inhibition of apoC-III was well tolerated. These data were consistent across multiple preclinical models and species and in a Phase 1 study in healthy volunteers demonstrating that Isis' antisense technology was able to produce predictable and consistent responses among different animal models that translate into corresponding activity in man.
Latest Developments for Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc raises FY 2014 EBIT guidance
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc reaffirms FY 2014 EBIT outlook
- Isis Pharmaceuticals reports final Phase 2 data on ISIS-GCGR RX showing reduction in HbA1c in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- Isis Pharmaceuticals reports positive Phase 2 Data for ISIS-FXI Rx
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- Diaxonhit announces positive test results for BJI Inoplex
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals receives Complete Response Letter (CRL) from FDA on AVP-825 NDA
- Affymax Inc. announces special cash distribution and appointment of new director and Chief Executive Officer
- Ablynx NV on track to start Phase III study in patients with acquired TTP in mid 2015
- Share this
- Digg this