News: Citic Pacific Ltd (0267.HK)
Wed, Aug 20 2014
(Updates with Palmer losing another legal fight against CITIC)
* Aurizon sees port, rail costs well below A$4.6 bln estimate
HONG KONG - Asia-Pacific takeover volumes hit a record in the first half of 2014, driven by a surge in dealmaking in Australia and bankers expect the buying spree from China's private tech companies and reform of the state sector to boost second-half activity.
* Record $378 billion of announced M&A amid global deal boom
(Correcting amount in headline and first paragraph to $690 million from $3.8 billion)
HONG KONG, June 17 - Och-Ziff Capital Management Group LLC and Chow Tai Fook Nominee Ltd are among a list of 10 new investors who have agreed to buy a combined HK$29.45 billion ($3.8 billion) stake in CITIC Pacific Ltd, the Chinese state-owned conglomerate said in a stock exchange filing on Tuesday.
- China's CITIC Pacific Ltd said it had secured $5.1 billion to help fund the purchase of some $36 billion in assets from its state-owned parent company, as strategic investors lined up to give the landmark deal their blessing.
* AIA, Qatar and Singapore sovereign wealth funds among investors
* Citic Pacific in talks with Singapore's Temasek about raising funds
May 14 - China's state-backed Citic Pacific Ltd said on Wednesday an independent financial advisor had found the terms and conditions of its proposed acquisition of some of its parent's assets fair.