News: Merck & Co Inc (MRK.N)
17 May 2013
Thu, May 9 2013
- A sales representative for Merck & Co. filed a more than $100 million sex discrimination lawsuit against the drugmaker on Thursday, claiming that it particularly discriminates against pregnant employees and women with children.
May 9 - A senior sales representative for Merck & Co has sued the drugmaker for more than $100 million, alleging the drugmaker discriminates against female employees in terms of pay and advancement, particularly pregnant employees and female employees with children.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a Merck & Co cholesterol lowering pill that combines a generic version of Pfizer Inc's Lipitor with its own Zetia, Merck said on Friday.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, May 03 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Merck & Co.'s (Merck) ratings, including the Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A+'. The Rating Outlook is revised to Negative from Positive. A full list of ratings affirmed is listed below. The ratings apply to approximately $20.5 billion in outstanding debt. KEY RATING DRIVERS Leveraging Share-Buybacks Pressure Credit Profile On April 1, Merck announced the expansion of its share re
NEW YORK - Stocks fell sharply on Wednesday as the latest economic data continued a trend of indicators pointing to anemic growth while bellwether companies disappointed on revenue. | Video
- Merck & Co Inc reported a surprising drop in quarterly sales of diabetes medicine Januvia, its biggest product and a frequent driver of quarterly earnings, and the drugmaker cut its full-year profit forecast on Wednesday.
May 1 - Merck & Co Inc reported a surprising drop in quarterly sales of diabetes medicine Januvia, its biggest product and a frequent driver of quarterly earnings, and the drugmaker cut its full-year profit forecast on Wednesday.
* U.S. companies hire less, manufacturing growth slows in April
NEW YORK, May 1 - Wall Street edged lower at the open on Wednesday, weighed by weak results from Merck as investors waited to hear from the U.S. Federal Reserve on the state of the economy.
* U.S. Fed expected to maintain $85 bln/month in bond buys
- Merck to Present at the UBS Global Healthcare Conference
- Global Health, Development and Business Leaders Announce New Innovative Financing Partnership to Deliver Essential Health Supplies More Quickly and Efficiently
- Merck Prices $ 6.5 Billion Debt Offering
- Merck to Present at the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch 2013 Healthcare Conference
- GARDASIL® [Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant], Merck’s HPV Vaccine, Available to Developing Countries through UNICEF Tender
- Merck Announces FDA Acceptance of Biologics License Application for Investigational Ragweed Pollen Sublingual Allergy Immunotherapy Tablet
- Merck and Celebrity Chef Art Smith "Cook Up a Recipe" for Better Type 2 Diabetes Management
- Merck Consumer Care Launches Health and Wellness Effort To Help Empower Moms To Live A More Active Lifestyle With Their Families
- ADDING MULTIMEDIA: FDA Approves Merck’s LIPTRUZET™ (ezetimibe and atorvastatin), a New Product That Can Help Powerfully Lower LDL Cholesterol
- FDA Approves Merck’s LIPTRUZET™ (ezetimibe and atorvastatin), a New Product That Can Help Powerfully Lower LDL Cholesterol