Apple Inc (AAPL.O)
28 Jan 2015
NEW YORK, Jan 28 - U.S. stocks closed down on Wednesday, driven by a sharp decline in the S&P 500 energy sector, after the Federal Reserve said the domestic economy was growing at a solid pace, signaling it remains on track to raise interest rates later this year.
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks closed down on Wednesday, driven by a sharp decline in the S&P 500 energy sector, after the Federal Reserve said the domestic economy was growing at a solid pace, signaling it remains on track to raise interest rates later this year.
NEW YORK - U.S. bond prices rallied, with the 30-year yield hitting a record low on Wednesday as investors bet U.S. rate hikes were less likely to start soon after the Federal Reserve said inflation was running below forecasts.
* Indexes down: Dow 1.13 pct, S&P 1.35 pct, Nasdaq 0.93 pct (Updates market, dollar and oil move, adds comment)
SHANGHAI, Jan 28 - Apple Inc is steering clear of Chinese rival Xiaomi Inc's low-price online strategy, ramping up store openings in China to harness its premium edge and fend off the fast-growing No.3 global smartphone maker.
* Indexes: Dow down 0.11 pct, S&P down 0.37 pct, Nasdaq flat (Updates market, adds comment)
* Indexes: Dow down 0.1 pct, S&P down 0.38 pct, Nasdaq flat (Updates market moves after Fed statement)
* European stocks end down as Greek worries continue * U.S. stocks climb; Apple reports strong earnings * Dollar inches up ahead of Fed policy statement (Updates with European stocks' close, adds details) By Caroline Valetkevitch NEW YORK, Jan 28 - The dollar edged up against the euro on Wednesday as investor focus turned toward the Federal Reserve, which delivers a post-meeting statement later in the day, while U.S. stocks climbed after strong earnings from Apple.
* Lanxess, Nordea rally after results (Updates with closing prices, adds quite)
* Indexes: Dow up 0.3 pct, S&P flat, Nasdaq up 0.3 pct (Updates to midday)
|Sony Corp (6758.T)||¥2,824||--|
|Acer Incorporated (2353.TW)||NT$20.45||-0.05|
|Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ.N)||$37.16||-0.20|
|Microsoft Corporation (MSFT.OQ)||$41.19||-1.47|
|Dell Inc. (4331.HK)||--||--|
|Intel Corporation (INTC.OQ)||$33.78||-0.41|
|Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO.OQ)||$26.81||-0.09|
|Nokia Oyj (NOK1V.HE)||€7.15||+0.08|
|Google Inc (GOOGL.OQ)||$512.43||-8.76|
|Google Inc (GOOG.OQ)||$510.00||-8.63|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Directors Deals Ltd.
Provider: S&P Capital IQ – STARS Reports
Apple Inc: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Ford Investor Services, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.