Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA.N)
18 Aug 2017
BRIEF-Risesun Real Estate Development's unit signs strategic agreement with Alibaba-backed logistics firm
* Says unit signs strategic agreement with Alibaba-backed logistics firm on areas including internet of things, e-commerce innovation
BEIJING Alibaba, China's top e-commerce firm, beat analyst estimates with a 56 percent rise in first-quarter revenue, driven by strong online sales. | Video
BEIJING Alibaba, China's top e-commerce firm, beat analyst estimates with a 56 percent rise in first-quarter revenue, driven by strong online sales.
* Revenue 50.1 bln yuan, up 56 pct, vs 47.7 bln expected by analysts
* Mobile MAUs on china retail marketplaces reached 529 million in June 2017, up 22 million over March 2017
Aug 17 Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, China's largest e-commerce firm, reported first-quarter revenue above Wall Street estimates, helped by strength in the Chinese e-commerce market.
BEIJING Chinese authorities have issued a warning to the country's top e-commerce platforms, including Alibaba Holding Group Ltd's Taobao.com, over the sale of illegal virtual private networks that allow users to skirt state censorship controls.
HONG KONG Telecoms group China Unicom is raising $11.7 billion from about a dozen investors including tech giants Alibaba Group and Tencent Holdings , as part of Beijing's push for state-owned enterprises to be revitalized with private capital.
* Shanghai unit to raise the funds from Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu
* SAYS SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH ALIBABA TO ALLOW USERS OF ALIPAY PAYMENT SYSTEM TO MAKE PURCHASES IN SPANISH ESTABLISHMENTS