Barclays PLC (BARC.L)
29 Jul 2016
LONDON, July 29 Barclays reported a 20 percent dip in first-half pretax profits despite improved returns in its core business, as the costs of selling and shrinking the bank's unwanted assets in a harsh economic environment took its toll on earnings.
* Profit before tax decreased 16% to £1,610m. Underlying profit before tax, which excludes impact of notable items decreased 25% to £1,610m
LONDON Britain's regulator for the payment systems used by banks to shift cash said it would hold off from taking further action to boost competition as lenders sold off their holdings in a core payments system to MasterCard .
* Confirms sale of majority of its shareholding in Vocalink Holdings to Mastercard for 104 million stg
LONDON Dark pools, or anonymous share trading platforms, must handle conflicts of interest better, Britain's markets watchdog said on Thursday in a review that stopped short of proposing major changes ahead of tougher EU rules in 2018.
DUBAI Barclays has begun a formal process to sell its Egyptian unit, with at least two banks from the Middle East and North Africa region expressing interest in the business, sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
* Barclays Bank Plc files for potential mixed shelf, size not disclosed - SEC filing Source text: http://bit.ly/2a5kqXc Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom +91 80 6749-1130; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780)
* Williams shares rise after Reuters report (Adds share price reaction)
TORONTO, July 14 Williams Cos Inc's Canadian unit has attracted at least seven bidders, including Enbridge Inc and Pembina Pipeline Corp, that could bring the U.S. pipeline company up to $2 billion, people familiar with the situation said.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) TAIPEI, July 14 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has today affirmed Barclays Bank plc, Taipei Branch's (Barclays Taipei) National Long-Term Rating of 'AA+(twn)' and National Short-Term Rating of 'F1+(twn)'. At the same time, Fitch is withdrawing the ratings as the branch is in the process of winding down its business and will close in 2017. Accordingly, Fitch will no longer provide ratings or analytical coverage for Barclays Taipei. KEY RATIN
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Barclays PLC: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider : Reuters Investment Profile
Provider : S&P Capital IQ – STARS Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
- Is Barclays plc finally ready to rocket after today's results?
- 3 value shares near their 52-week lows: Barclays plc, G4S plc and Sky plc
- Will Barclays plc ever return to 790p in a post-Brexit world?
- Should Barclays plc be dealing around 20% lower?
- Can Lloyds Banking Group plc, Barclays plc and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc continue their Brexit bounce?
- After recent declines, are Barclays plc and Standard Chartered plc bid targets?