Carillion PLC (CLLN.L)
21 Jul 2017
LONDON Britain's major share index fell on Friday but had its strongest weekly gains in two months, sheltered from the battering European stocks experienced at the mercy of a strong euro, while mid-caps had their best week in nearly a year.
Oxfordshire County Council, which last week ended much of a 10-year 500 million pound contract with Carillion, is now debating the future of a facilities management deal with the crisis-hit British construction firm.
* Carillion shares fall 3 percent (Adds details, background, updates share movement)
July 19 Oxfordshire County Council, which last week ended much of a 10-year 500 million pound ($652 million) contract with Carillion, is now debating the future of a facilities management deal with the crisis-hit British construction firm.
LONDON European shares fell on Tuesday following disappointing results from bluechips Ericsson and Lufthansa, while scaled-back expectations of monetary tightening by major central banks spurred some profit-taking in financials.
LONDON, July 18 British shares edged up on Tuesday, boosted by inflation showing signs of easing, and positive earnings updates rolling in from Royal Mail and British Land.
A Carillion joint venture has won contracts worth 158 million pounds ($207 million) to supply catering and other services for British military sites, bringing further relief to the crisis-hit company on Tuesday.
* Rights issue could be required to fix balance sheet (Adds analyst and company comments, details, background)
LONDON, July 18 European shares fell on Tuesday on the back of a disappointing set of results from bluechips including Ericsson and Lufthansa, while scaled-back expectations of rate hikes at central banks spurred some profit-taking in financials.
July 18 A Carillion joint venture has won two separate British defence infrastructure contracts worth 158 million pounds ($206.90 million), affording further relief to the crisis-hit construction company as it reviews its business.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- There has never been a better time to buy ITV plc, British Land Co plc and Carillion plc
- 2 top picks from the FTSE 250 to buy after Wednesday's news?
- Balfour Beatty plc jumps after results, but are Costain Group plc and Carillion plc better buys?
- Should you buy or sell Melrose Industries plc and Carillion plc after today's news?
- Do 6%+ yields from SSE plc, Marks and Spencer Group plc and Carillion plc offer risk-free profits?
- Can you afford to miss these 5%+ yielders?