Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LLOY.L)
24 Feb 2017
LONDON The British government said on Thursday it has further reduced its stake in Lloyds Banking Group, a day after the bank posted its highest profit since before the 2007-2009 global financial crisis.
LONDON, Feb 23 The British government said on Thursday it has further reduced its stake in Lloyds Banking Group, a day after the bank posted its highest profit since before the 2007-2009 global financial crisis.
* Ericsson gains on Cisco takeover speculation (Adds details, closing prices)
LONDON Lloyds Banking Group signalled a complete recovery from the financial crisis on Wednesday with its highest full-year profit in a decade, boosting the British government's ambition to return it to full private ownership in the next few months. | Video
LONDON, Feb 22 Britain's top share index edged up on Wednesday as Lloyds reported its highest annual profit in a decade and the UK's biggest housebuilder Barratt announced upbeat results.
* Shares climb 4 pct, top in FTSE 100 (Adds shares, EU subsidiary plans)
LONDON, Feb 22 European shares climbed to a new 14-month high on Wednesday, supported by well-received earnings updates from companies such as Lloyds, Telefonica Deutschland and Scor.
* Total bonus outcome has increased year-on-year to 392.9 million pounds (from 353.7 million pounds in 2015).
* Lloyds banking group full year underlying profit 7.9 billion stg
LONDON Lloyds Banking Group is close to selecting Berlin as a European base to secure market access to the European Union when Britain leaves the bloc, sources told Reuters.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- 3 reasons to buy Lloyds Banking Group plc today
- Is Lloyds Banking.Group plc a 'no brainer' at current prices?
- How long must we wait for Lloyds Banking Group plc to deliver?
- Is now (finally) the right time to buy Lloyds Banking Group plc?
- Why I would sell Lloyds Banking Group plc to buy Diageo plc
- Here's why I'm not giving up on Lloyds Banking Group plc