Next PLC (NXT.L)
LONDON, March 25 - Britain's leading share index rose towards its record high on Wednesday, with tour firm TUI Group gaining on expectations of meeting its profit growth target and companies including Diageo and Next rising on positive broker comments.
LONDON - British clothing retailer Next cut its sales guidance for 2015-16, highlighting weaker collections after reporting a 12.5 percent rise in annual profit and a dividend increase.
LONDON - Next , Britain's second biggest retailer by sales, said on Thursday it will pay another special dividend, totalling 90 million pounds ($137 million), and flagged the prospect of three more similar payouts.
LONDON - John Lewis [JLP.UL], Britain's No. 1 department store group, saw year-on-year sales slip 1.4 percent in the week to Dec. 27 as earlier promotions cooled demand in the run-up to Christmas.
LONDON - Next signalled brighter prospects for British retailers on Tuesday with a solid rise in Christmas sales, especially online, without resorting to the discounting seen on many shopping streets.
* Shares rise some 4 pct, topping FTSE 100 index (Adds CEO comments, analyst reaction)
LONDON, Dec 30 - British clothing retailer Next's sales rose 2.9 percent in the run up to Christmas mostly due to online and catalogue purchases, hitting the upper end of its predictions and it said full-year profit would rise by about 11.5 percent.
* Appointment of Dianne Thompson as a non-executive director with effect from 1 January 2015 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom; +44 207 542 1810)
* Shares up 2.7 pct (Adds detail, CEO, analyst comment, shares)
LONDON - Britain's No.2 clothing retailer Next Plc cut its profit guidance after an unusually warm autumn left its coats, scarves and jumpers stuck on shop shelves, sending an ominous sign to rivals ahead of the Christmas season.
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Next PLC: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
- What Could Go Seriously Wrong With Aviva plc, NEXT plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc & Standard Chartered PLC
- Should You Buy NEXT plc, Ted Baker plc Or Jimmy Choo PLC?
- Is Boohoo.Com PLC A Better Buy Than N Brown Group plc Or NEXT plc?
- 3.7 More Reasons To Buy Vodafone Group plc, NEXT plc & easyJet plc
- Why ITV plc, Galliford Try plc, Greggs plc, NEXT plc And Rightmove Plc Are Soaring
- ASOS plc, Boohoo.Com PLC, Debenhams Plc, Next plc, Sports Direct International Plc: Which Retailer Will Win?