Next PLC (NXT.L)
LONDON Next , Britain's most successful clothing retailer over the past decade, warned that its sales could fall as much as 3.5 percent this year, hit by a cool spring and signs of a slowdown in consumer spending.
LONDON Next, Britain's most successful clothing retailer of the last decade, warned that 2016 could be its toughest year since 2008 as the outlook for consumer spending has deteriorated, sending shares across the sector sharply lower.
British plus-size fashion retailer N Brown Group Plc said it was on track to meet full-year expectations after a good performance during the peak Christmas trading period.
* Stock jumps 12 pct (Adds background, CEO comment, bullets, share movement)
LONDON British clothing retailer Next said on Tuesday a "procedural oversight" relating to the payment of dividends meant it had infringed UK company law and it would have to convene a meeting of shareholders to remedy the situation.
Clothing company Ted Baker Plc reported strong Christmas sales as its offbeat designs helped to overcome an unusually mild winter that has hurt other British fashion brands.
LONDON Debenhams , Britain's No.2 department store chain, beat analyst expectations in the Christmas trading period, helped by bumper online shopping and clever management of its stock of winter coats during unseasonably warm weather.
LONDON British clothing retailer Next reported disappointing sales in the run-up to Christmas, with the normally reliable company blaming unusually warm weather for a slowdown that is expected to have hit the wider sector.
** Next down c.4 pct & top loser on Stoxx 600 retail index after British retailer says its sales performance in run-up to Christmas was disappointing, blaming unusually warm weather in Nov & Dec, poor stock availability, increased online competition
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Next PLC: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider : Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
- EU referendum: Bet against Brexit with Barclays plc, British Land Company plc & Next plc
- Will Marks and Spencer Group plc and Dixons Carphone plc buck the trend or head the same way as Next plc?
- Should you buy Next plc, Thomas Cook Group plc and Cineworld Group plc following today's news?
- What's the market missing at Next plc, easyJet plc and ITV plc?
- J Sainsbury plc, Next plc and Burberry Group plc suffer in retail sector rout
- Should you be buying Tesco plc and Next plc after recent sell-off?