WH Smith PLC (SMWH.L)
1 Dec 2016
Britain's WH Smith Plc said it will lose its protection against a weaker pound next year and is looking to offset the impact by consolidating factories and negotiating better prices with suppliers to cut its costs.
Oct 13 Britain's WH Smith Plc said it will lose its protection against a weaker pound next year and is looking to offset the impact by consolidating factories and negotiating better prices with suppliers to cut its costs.
* Says travel business continues to perform well with strong sales across all channels and profit up 9 pct
* WH Smith Plc expects outcome for year to Aug. 31 2016 to be in line with expectations
* In 14 week period from 1 March to 4 June 2016 total group sales were up 2% with like-for-like sales flat.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Do today's updates make J Sainsbury plc, AO World plc and WH Smith plc a buy?
- Can Greggs plc, WH Smith plc & Moneysupermarket.com Group plc reverse this year's losses?
- Should You Buy AstraZeneca plc, WH Smith Plc & De La Rue plc Today?
- Should You Buy Last Week's Winners Pearson plc, Ocado Group PLC & WH Smith Plc?
- Should Income Investors Buy Severn Trent Plc, Anglo Pacific Group plc Or WH Smith Plc?
- Should You Avoid Ashmore Group plc And Buy Unilever plc And WH Smith Plc?