WH Smith PLC (SMWH.L)
2 Mar 2015
* Group delivered a good performance in period with profit growth in line with plan
* Total group sales in first 10 weeks of financial year were flat with like-for-like sales down 1%.
LONDON - British books, newspaper and stationery retailer WH Smith posted a 9 percent rise in full-year profit and announced a new 50 million pounds share buyback following a record outcome at its travel division.
LONDON, Oct 16 - British books, newspaper and stationery retailer WH Smith posted a 9 percent rise in full-year profit and announced a new 50 million pounds ($80 million) share buyback following a record outcome at its travel division.
LONDON, Oct 16 - British books, newspaper and stationery retailer WH Smith posted a 9 percent rise in full-year profit and announced a 50 million pound share buy back on the back of record profits this year in its travel division.
* Group total sales down 2% with like-for-like (lfl) sales down 3%
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
WH Smith PLC: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: MarketLine (a Datamonitor Company)
Provider: Directors Deals Ltd.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
- 5 Shares I’m Avoiding In 2015: WH Smith Plc, Serco Group plc, Ocado Group PLC, Ashmore Group plc And ASOS plc
- Why Are J Sainsbury plc, WH Smith Plc and Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc The FTSE's Most Shorted Stocks?
- Marks and Spencer Group Plc, WH Smith Plc And Debenhams Plc Are Leading The Retail Charge
- Is Mothercare plc A Better Buy Than WH Smith Plc And Ted Baker plc?
- WH Smith Plc Maintains Profit Margin Improvements Trend
- 3 FTSE Dividends Lifted This Week: Direct Line Insurance Group PLC, N Brown Group plc and WH Smith Plc