WH Smith PLC (SMWH.L)
24 May 2013
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£967.02|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||125.42|
LONDON - British books and stationery retailer WH Smith posted a 5 percent rise in pretax profits in the first half of 2013, with cost cuts helping to improve gross margin and offset falling sales, the company said on Thursday.
LONDON, April 11 - British books and stationery retailer WH Smith posted a 5 percent rise in pretax profits in the first half of 2013, with cost cuts helping to improve gross margin and offset falling sales, the company said on Thursday.
LONDON, April 11 - WH Smith PLC : * Appointment of Henry Staunton as non-executive chairman from 1st September
LONDON, April 11 - WH Smith PLC : * WH Smith Plc pretax profit rose 5 percent to 69
* Lfl travel sales down 4 pct, high street lfl sales down 5 pct
LONDON, Jan 23 - WH Smith PLC : * Like-for-like (lfl) sales down 5% for the 20 weeks * In travel, total sales were flat with lfl sales down 4% for the 20 weeks * Good profit performance in the period with margin well managed * In high street, total sales were down 5% with lfl sales down 5% for the 20
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
WH Smith PLC: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
- 3 FTSE Shares Hitting New Highs: National Grid plc, Marks & Spencer Group Plc And WH Smith Plc
- Why Mothercare plc, WH Smith Plc And PZ Cussons plc Should Beat The FTSE 100 Today
- 3 Shares The FTSE 100 Should Beat Today
- 3 FTSE Shares Hitting New Highs
- The Market's Toughest Acts To Follow
- 5 Opportunities For The Week Ahead