Woolworths Ltd (WOW.AX)
21 Jul 2017
June 26 Australia's Metcash Ltd said on Monday it would resume dividend payments after reporting a 9.3 percent rise in underlying annual profit, sending shares in the grocery and hardware firm up sharply.
JOHANNESBURG, June 19 As South Africa slides into recession, and households have less and less to spend, the number one supermarket group Shoprite is adopting an unlikely strategy: it's pushing upmarket.
* Extended its national agreement as majority supplier of poultry products to Woolworths supermarkets in Australia until mid-2021 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Q3'17 Australian food sales up 5.1% to $9.3 billion with comparable sales growth of 4.5%
* Has finalized a master services agreement with Woolworths of South Africa Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (email@example.com)
* Notes that an award has now been made in confidential arbitration between woolworths and lowe's in relation to their home improvement joint venture.
* Notes announcement by IMF Bentham that it proposes to fund shareholder class action against co
* proposes to fund on a conditional basis claims of certain current and former shareholders of Woolworths Limited (woolworths) against Woolworths.
* Underlying H1 sales A$29.1 bln vs A$28.3 bln (Updates to add picture)
* "In second half, we will continue to invest in improving shopping experience and expect higher depreciation and team incentive payments."