Japan Tobacco Inc (2914.T)
* Says it acquired tobacco related assets of Philippines-based Mighty Corporation on Sept. 7 and the previous plan was disclosed on Aug. 22
TOKYO Japan's government plans to sell shares in Japan Post Holdings Co as soon as this month, the first sale since the company's massive 2015 listing, a government source familiar with the deal said on Friday.
* Sale to finance recovery from 2011 quake, tsunami (Adds details, context)
TOKYO Japan Tobacco Inc said on Tuesday it would buy the Philippines' No. 2 cigarette maker Mighty Corp for about $936 million, its second large deal in Southeast Asia this month as it deepens its push into emerging markets.
* Acquisition follows Indonesian deal worth $1 bln including debt
TOKYO Japan Tobacco Inc said on Tuesday it would buy the Philippines' No. 2 cigarette maker Mighty Corp for about $936 million (726 million pounds), its second large deal in Southeast Asia this month as it deepens its push into emerging markets.
TOKYO, Aug 22 Japan Tobacco Inc said on Tuesday it would buy the tobacco business of the Philippines' Mighty Corp for about $936 million as it aims to gain a foothold in the market.
* Says it will acquire tobacco related assets of Philippines -based Mighty Corporation for 104.8 billion yen in December
JAKARTA/TOKYO Japan Tobacco Inc on Friday said it has agreed to buy an Indonesian maker of "kretek" tobacco and clove cigarettes, together with its distributor, for $677 million, giving it a bigger footprint in the world's second-largest tobacco market.
* JT has been seeking M&As in emerging markets (Adds company comments, expansion drive, context)