Aon PLC (AON.N)
NEW YORK Insurance broker Aon Plc said on Friday it would buy real estate investment management firm The Townsend Group from Colony NorthStar Inc for $475 million, helping expand its property investment management portfolio.
BRIEF-Aon to acquire leading real estate investment advisor Townsend Group extending leadership position in investments
* Aon to acquire leading real estate investment advisor Townsend Group; extending leadership position in investments Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Colony NorthStar announces agreement to sell the Townsend Group to Aon
NEW YORK, Sept 1 Insurance broker Aon Plc will buy real estate investment management firm The Townsend Group from Colony NorthStar Inc for $475 million to expand its property investment management portfolio, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
* Q2 adjusted earnings per share $1.45 from continuing operations
* Sets quarterly cash dividend of $0.36 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON British pensions consultants got a brief stay of execution from a competition review on Wednesday but are still likely to face a probe later this year after the country's financial watchdog rejected their defence.
* Q1 earnings per share view $1.29 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Aon acquires leading provider of talent measurement and psychometric assessment
* Probe is one of the first of its kind by FCA (Updates number of brokers, adds UIB statement, potential sanction)