Balfour Beatty PLC (BALF.L)
* APPOINTED TO £350 MILLION CAPITAL WORKS FRAMEWORK BY CAMBRIDGESHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
* HAS REACHED AN AGREEMENT TO SELL ITS 95% SHARE IN BLACKPOOL AIRPORT TO BLACKPOOL COUNCIL, FOR A TOTAL CASH CONSIDERATION OF £4.25 MILLION Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* BALFOUR BEATTY APPOINTED AS PREFERRED BIDDER FOR HINKLEY POINT C TUNNELLING AND MARINE PACKAGE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON The FTSE 100 rose for the third day on the trot on Wednesday, boosted by gains among mining firms, though car insurer Admiral Group plummeted after reporting half-year results.
Balfour Beatty is focussing on winning British infrastructure contracts, its CEO said, as the group posted an almost 70 percent rise in half-year profit and said a two-year overhaul had restored its British construction unit to profit.
* Shares up 7 pct, top Stoxx gainers (Adds CEO, analyst comment, details, share movement)
Aug 16 Britain's Balfour Beatty reported an almost 70 percent rise in half-year pretax profit on Wednesday as its British construction business swung back into the black.
* BALFOUR BEATTY - HAS BEEN APPOINTED TO £38 MILLION CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT FOR NEW COOPER'S HILL RETIREMENT DEVELOPMENT IN SURREY, ON BEHALF OF AUDLEY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
* Two contracts have been awarded to Balfour Beatty's 50:50 joint venture with Vinci (adds dropped words)
July 17 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 13 points higher on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.3 percent ahead of the cash market open.